[3.12] Enki's Arc Witch - a beginner & SSF-friendly Lightning Caster

Hello, guys. i have rus guide for Arc Elementalist and can suggest some ideas:
pob - https://pastebin.com/EcKtB6dJ (DeathStormix)

1. Take Eldritch Battery
2. Drop Elwer worm ring (12+ exe...)
3. Take 3 aurs, reserv all MP, have ES
4. Take mechanic Focus from sustain hp, craft those affix
5. 3 golems - OP, imba)))

anybody have still good ideas?
https://www.twitch.tv/iga_rus
Last edited by I_GameR on Sep 19, 2019, 2:16:35 AM
@WorderMostFoul
I'm using Profane Wands too now, the rest comes from +2 extra levels on LW through my wands and Golem Commander buffing Lightning Golem more.

@I_GameR
I've already said it before, i've compared Mana vs EB with beginner, realistic and highend gear and EB is straight up worse for this build. You lose survivability, damage, consistent sustain on demand and the build loses its accessibility, something that goes directly against this builds purpose. If you want to play EB, choose a build that doesn't have a ~100ES chest as BiS and use a different Ascendancy.

Also not sure where you take the need for Elder Essence Worm from. Have you read the guide?
Still waiting for much need Selfcast buffs and Elementalist rework.

twitch.tv/enki91
"
I_GameR wrote:
Hello, guys. i have rus guide for Arc Elementalist and can suggest some ideas:
pob - https://pastebin.com/EcKtB6dJ (DeathStormix)

1. Take Eldritch Battery
2. Drop Elwer worm ring (12+ exe...)
3. Take 3 aurs, reserv all MP, have ES
4. Take mechanic Focus from sustain hp, craft those affix
5. 3 golems - OP, imba)))

anybody have still good ideas?

Yeah, dude...Enki already tried exactly those mechanics (at least the first 3) for this build during the Synthesis league. You can look at my Coruscations character in standard for an idea of how it was at least geared. DPS was a bit higher from the auras, but it needed to sacrifice too much survivability and was a lot more expensive to gear. If you want some good ideas, try Devouring Diadem (for obvious reasons) and Zealotry with Watcher's Eye mod giving Arcane Surge (only way to get AS with EB).

That said, your current character doesn't look it's running anything close to either build.
Enki91 yes, i read. "essence worm ring - best DPS ring"

i tried and it rly work, just need Discipline + Energy Leech Support

WorderMostFoul i knew about all. but u plaid with other mechanic and style... ok, how know)
https://www.twitch.tv/iga_rus
"
I_GameR wrote:
Enki91 yes, i read. "essence worm ring - best DPS ring"

i tried and it rly work, just need Discipline + Energy Leech Support

WorderMostFoul i knew about all. but u plaid with other mechanic and style... ok, how know)

Essence Worm =/= Elder Essence Worm

I'm not claiming EB doesn't work, you've just somehow managed to completely ignore all other points. So i'm not sure I even wanna bother with laying it out in detail if it's just going to be ignored aswell.

twitch.tv/enki91
Hey Enki! Awesome guide. Can you recommend a shield for this build ? Sorry if it has been asked before.
"
Saroner wrote:
Hey Enki! Awesome guide. Can you recommend a shield for this build ? Sorry if it has been asked before.

No unique shield is really worth it, so just any rare with spell/lightning damage, spellcrit, cast speed and life.

twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
@bobmcbob124
Any other weapon except for wands or a shield with life and preferably some damage and spellcrit.

@hugomaestrelo
Besides what Cendrake already mentioned, i've noticed that you're not using any mana flask nor have any other ways to sustain your mana. So, replace the Quartz (or Diamond if you get consistent crits without) with an Eternal Mana Flask with the Enduring prefix. Also upgrade Pantheon if you haven't yet and use the 3x red socket recipe to use the full Immortal Call setup. The rest comes down to learning the specific fights.

@Alwayswannalie
As it's mentioned right on the jewel and in the PoB section of this guide, that's the shock from Beacon of Ruin since PoB can't calculate it itself. That char has 167% shock effect, 15*(1+1.67) = 40.05.

Also remember that multimodded doesn't necessarily means it's better in any way. In case of my ring and helmet it just assures me to put on the resistances I need after GGG forcefully changes yet another thing with major patches.

Don't be too fixated on PoB. I've done all content with this build for the past 4 leagues with just budget early-league gear, 400-500k Shaper DPS with shock calculated will easily get you there. As for high tier maps, damage is barely needed there to begin with.

Can't take a look at your char because the character tab is private.

hey i've removed my characters from private, could you have a look please? :)

PS: i have 237k shaper dps after all the calculations on 5 link inpulsa(assuming i complete uber lab soon) :)

PPS: Tweaked my build more .. now 347k shaper DPS

all my gems are lvl 19 0%

should i vaal the arcs when they hit level 20?
Last edited by Alwayswannalie on Sep 20, 2019, 12:59:19 PM
does the choice of weapon (sceptre, dagger or wand) really not matter too much? purely based on preference or is there one thats statistically better than the others

Last edited by Karathis on Sep 20, 2019, 11:08:37 AM
"
Karathis wrote:
does the choice of weapon (sceptre, dagger or wand) really not matter too much? purely based on preference or is there one thats statistically better than the others

Spoiler
I remember Enki once said that wands by default can roll the more useful mods for this build. Although, if you multimod then that doesn't matter too much, I guess. But I'm not very experienced with crafting.

Then there's the weapon specific implicits of course. Which can help you in different ways. But you have to see for yourself what you think is the most valuable for you. Daggers can increase your Critical Strike Chance for example. Tiger Hooks can give you Chance to Dodge Attack Hits. Wands can give you increased Spell Damage or Cast Speed. Sceptres have increased Elemental Damage and Elemental Resistance Penetration. All of this can be helpful in its own way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info