Wild Strike

Correct. :) It also drops any other Damage modifier that specifies Melee, such as that from Strength and the Born to Fight Passive (Mara start, 26% Increased Melee Physical Damage).
Scaling aside I feel the skill could use a little tuneup. I mean I absolutely love the skill! It's very satisfying to use, I swap back and forth between it and frost blades when I want a little change of scenery amnd use dual strike for ST for things like Izaro

I have a couple suggestions that I think wouldn't break the skill in terms of OPness.

One would be increasing the range of the initial hit, similar to frostblades, maybe not as drastic as the 20+ range, just to help slightly with survivability.

Maybe the elemental effects that come out could also hit the initial target, I mean with frost wall + LA/Kinetic blast I don't see how it would be that much of an issue.

Even allow the secondary affects to benefit from the melee damage support gems, since it is a melee attack anyways, that's just what I think.

Even then, I really don't have a problem swapping Dual Strike in for ST because that's kind of the way I think the game should be played anyway, more strategically.

What do you guys think?
Last edited by Saf3tyhazard on Aug 21, 2016, 7:00:10 PM
Im messing around with it right now on Standard. Imo, the problem is secondary hit scaling. Its asking too much for a random proc skill that has three separate ways of secondary scaling. This gem just needs to be made an exception, make the secondary hits scale like they normally would with melee physical damage and all that.

It has the problem its always had which is simply the secondary scaling. If the skill scaled regularly like other melee skills on the secondary it would be really fun to use.



"
Saf3tyhazard wrote:
Scaling aside I feel the skill could use a little tuneup. I mean I absolutely love the skill! It's very satisfying to use, I swap back and forth between it and frost blades when I want a little change of scenery amnd use dual strike for ST for things like Izaro

I have a couple suggestions that I think wouldn't break the skill in terms of OPness.

One would be increasing the range of the initial hit, similar to frostblades, maybe not as drastic as the 20+ range, just to help slightly with survivability.

Maybe the elemental effects that come out could also hit the initial target, I mean with frost wall + LA/Kinetic blast I don't see how it would be that much of an issue.

Even allow the secondary affects to benefit from the melee damage support gems, since it is a melee attack anyways, that's just what I think.

Even then, I really don't have a problem swapping Dual Strike in for ST because that's kind of the way I think the game should be played anyway, more strategically.

What do you guys think?
Eh im not sure. I feel like the attack range does lack but at the same time one element of it wouldnt fit if your attack range was larger, that being the explosion.

I personally just think the biggest issue is simply how the secondary part of it just doesnt scale well at all.

For me, Wildstrike has this nice "randomness" about it that makes you feel like youre playing 3 skills when youre actually only playing one, while not being some sort of broken skill.

I used it when it first came out as well all the way up to 90 and into maps, all that. I always felt that the scaling just wasnt there, and that was on a Crit Dagger Shadow build.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
I personally just think the biggest issue is simply how the secondary part of it just doesnt scale well at all.

There's two pretty simple methods, both with the same core idea: Faster Attacks + Multistrike + Weapon Elemental Damage + Crit Chance, scaling off one of the following:
-Physical damage with Physt'o'Lightning
-Flat Elemental damage

Gets you a full set of Supports, and an easy goal for your gear (flat Phys or flat Ele, plus %WED). Its your standard Elemental Attack scaling. I don't understand how there's a lack of scaling options here? Please do explain. I'm curious! :)
Do you guys think it's worth linking elemental focus with wild strike?

@Forget it, for a crit build isn't viable...
Last edited by OxYmaRRoW on Aug 31, 2016, 2:33:27 PM
Inquiry:

The wiki page for wild strike indicates "Increased damage with one-handed melee weapons" would apply fully towards all portions of this attack. However, does that hold true for such nodes as "Increased physical weapon damage while dual wielding"?

I ask as it would seem to be the case all damage from this ability stems from the weapon, though I could be wrong. The physical modifier should make no difference due the damage conversion mechanism in this case.
Here lies a toppled god;
his fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal -
a narrow and a tall one.
- F.H.
"
Immermnemion wrote:
The wiki page for wild strike indicates "Increased damage with one-handed melee weapons" would apply fully towards all portions of this attack. However, does that hold true for such nodes as "Increased physical weapon damage while dual wielding"?
Yes.
Many thanks for your quick and direct reply, Mark!
Here lies a toppled god;
his fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal -
a narrow and a tall one.
- F.H.
I'd like to request a Wild Strike MTX. PLEASE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info