Xbox servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately 120 minutes.
PS4 servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately 120 minutes.
Xbox servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.
PS4 servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

Added Chaos Damage

"
Psomm wrote:
I do not see this gem (added chaos damage) increase from "Projectile Damage %".

My character has almost all the Projectile damage nodes. I see the increases on elemental and physical in the tooltip on the skillbar, but chaos shows only base.

So this skill gem is not benefiting from Projectile Damage increases.
I will investigate. Projectile damage increases should increase all damage dealt by projectiles (hence the name).
What skill are you supporting with it, and if that skill is an attack, what weapon are you using?

I am unable to replicate this myself - Increased projectile damage passives are definitely increasing the chaos damage this gem adds to both projectile spell skills (Fireball) and projectile attacks (Frenzy, wielding a wand or bow).
Last edited by Mark_GGG on May 25, 2012, 1:35:59 AM
I use a thicket bow, but I put it in the 3 slot I have on my boots that had a blue socket. I believe I put both Lightning arrow and split arrow in there with this gem and the chaos damage stayed the same base. I can get screens later if you need them.


Edit: showing increases now. It's very possible I wasn't reading the original damage correctly or something, but I triple checked before posting. Well sorry to waste your time on this Mark.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.

Trolls not welcome, but they'll read the title only and post a reply nonetheless.
Last edited by Psomm on May 25, 2012, 12:11:03 PM
"
Psomm wrote:
Edit: showing increases now. It's very possible I wasn't reading the original damage correctly or something, but I triple checked before posting. Well sorry to waste your time on this Mark.
Not a problem. much better for me to waste a little time to find something does work than not have something brought to my attention that doesn't.
Glad to hear it's working correctly for you.
Is chaos damage buffed by elemental damage passives?
"
Is chaos damage buffed by elemental damage passives?
No. Fire, Cold and Lightning are the elemental damage types. Physical and Chaos are not elements.
This gem does not stack with the weapon elemental damage support gem. I have tried using the above support gems attached with the Heavy Strike skill.

Probably intended though, support gems supporting another support gem would probably make the movie inception sound like a fairy tale!
"
Foxtel wrote:
This gem does not stack with the weapon elemental damage support gem. I have tried using the above support gems attached with the Heavy Strike skill.

Probably intended though, support gems supporting another support gem would probably make the movie inception sound like a fairy tale!

Mark's post right above yours explains this behaviour; it's intended.

Support gems can increase the effects of other support gems; +%Weapon Elemental Damage will improve +Cold/Fire/Lightning damage support gems when both are used with Weapon damage skillgems.
I hate that it needs Int stat only. It should something that needs all three stats to it should be available for all chars if they stack +all stats gear, they shoud be rewarded by this gem. Maybe its too much inbalanced because dex chars have enough choas damage sources already but str chars have nothing.
Does this(and I ask this for added lighting and cold damage too) work with spells such as freezing pulse, ice spear, ice nova etc.?
"
kadrek91 wrote:
Does this(and I ask this for added lighting and cold damage too) work with spells such as freezing pulse, ice spear, ice nova etc.?

Yup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info