Preliminary Performance Improvement Results

"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:
I'm still waiting for my quantum processor,hope it gets released soon.
Should see some improvement on minimum fps i think.
I mean reading about 3k $ and above rigs having trouble with this game?
Well done Chris.
Can you move to PoE 2 on a new engine any time soon?
Could even be cheaper than trying to sort this mess you have there for 4 years now.


I have a Core i7-920 from 2009 and a GTX 680 from 2012. So a 7 year old rig with 4 year old upgrades. Original system was probable $2k-something, but now worth may be around $600 or less. Good performance in PoE both before and after changes, enough to max settings except shadows while playing @ 2560x1600 and still be way over 60FPS a majority of the time. Therefore your argument is invalid.

How is my argument invalid when people with 2x Gtx 1080 drop below 30 fps due to ground effects?
You don't see a deeper problem in the core of the game?
Are you serious?
I don't know whats causing this but in uber lab im standing at this particular area and i get constant 5-7 fps. When I move away it goes back to 50-60 fps. Pretty much unplayable in these areas filled with traps.

I have noasync and the frame optimization on.


image


My rig is:

Radeon R9 380 4GB
Intel C2Q Q9650
8 GB ddr2 RAM

ingame settings are:

1920x1080
Textures : High
AA: Medium
Filtering: x8
Shadows: High
Postprocessing off
Vsync off
IGN: @Perfectly_Balanced | Timezone: CET/CEST

Every mirror item is #1 on Standard
The deeper issue is their refusal to remove useless ground effects from the game that do nothing but cripple fps.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Big thanks for providing the stats GGG, really interesting.
The Rusty Shack!
Hey!

i had a Q6600 @ 3ghz, pretty near your q9650.

A new GPU didnt help too much, but a i7-6700k did !!

i was astonished to see ram bandwidht rising ffrom 6gb/s to 42 (ddr4-3000)

what you would do with this information, i dont know

"
Ryce247 wrote:
I don't know whats causing this but in uber lab im standing at this particular area and i get constant 5-7 fps. When I move away it goes back to 50-60 fps. Pretty much unplayable in these areas filled with traps.

I have noasync and the frame optimization on.


image


My rig is:

Radeon R9 380 4GB
Intel C2Q Q9650
8 GB ddr2 RAM

ingame settings are:

1920x1080
Textures : High
AA: Medium
Filtering: x8
Shadows: High
Postprocessing off
Vsync off
"
borgfish1 wrote:
Hey!

i had a Q6600 @ 3ghz, pretty near your q9650.

A new GPU didnt help too much, but a i7-6700k did !!

i was astonished to see ram bandwidht rising ffrom 6gb/s to 42 (ddr4-3000)

what you would do with this information, i dont know


I am aware that the cpu might be bottlenecking my gpu but it shouldn't be this bad.

Like I'm running Witcher 3 on all high setting with 40-50 fps, and only drops down to like 25 very rarely. Other games run fine too, but PoE just runs horribly since awakening and gets worse with each patch even though i have upgraded my hardware.
IGN: @Perfectly_Balanced | Timezone: CET/CEST

Every mirror item is #1 on Standard
When you GGG will release final game??
Since open alpha all I see is so called improvements but they're really fixes to bugged beta game.
Every update, every bigger patch so called improvements brings issues not new anything!
Streamers already quit streaming this game, bored to death.
And now you fix screen freeze, fps issue....WONDER WHAT NEW ISSUES GOING TO BE!
The first night of the patch, I experienced a huge improvement during my play session (everything was super smooth), but ever since then, it's been acting the same as before the patch -in which I get loading lag every minute or so, or especially during large fights.

I had to double-check that "--experimental-frame-optimizations" was still in the command line for the shortcut. :)

Reduced my FPS overall on a duo core build as expected and had to disable it.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
How is my argument invalid when people with 2x Gtx 1080 drop below 30 fps due to ground effects?
You don't see a deeper problem in the core of the game?
Are you serious?


PoE is using DirectX9 and that chops most performance benefits away from latest GPU's and especially SLI. My 970 runs this game at 30% cap meaning fans are shut down most of the time.

Ground effects are indeed very CPU intensive. In my setup this latest option turned my i5-6600k to a cool sub 50 celsius 30-40% utilization block and have helped a lot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/neskola
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj8jRMTTPDq8DP98WZZrdiw

Essence rips https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1DTVr3jaDbnHbfGnofet_oeUO8AvHBn_
Last edited by vrs77 on Aug 4, 2016, 6:25:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info