Preliminary Performance Improvement Results

Top
Saved
Intel CPU, without optimisation: 54.962fps
Intel CPU, with optimisation: 67.208fps (+22.281%)

laptop 5-7 fps worse when i opt in
https://www.twitch.tv/xboneshockx (offline)
ya i tested it and had crashes and my performance was worse and only have 2 cores so now i know not to try using it again.
rawrawr
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
leonardorubin wrote:
I have only 1 core...:(


Time to upgrade, mate! The future is calling!!


where are my hood for bank robbery...? :) (yes, time to upgrade)
When I implemented this my client crashed at first pack of monsters encountered an attacked.

But then again mine is a AMD processor based system so I was wondering if in fact this will not help at all as AMD processors handle multi-threading differently is that correct ?
--nopreload enjoy lag free poe


what the fck is wrong that with --preload its the smoothest poe ever?


since they made this loading times updates poe went down the toilette so im still a 100% sure its coming from loading assets, I tested it on win and unix same results!
GGG QoL Feature of the Year! SKILLTREE AND FRIENDS SEARCH!
"
PsOfOs wrote:
How is my argument invalid when people with 2x Gtx 1080 drop below 30 fps due to ground effects?
You don't see a deeper problem in the core of the game?
Are you serious?


Because thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of players don't experience that problem. Perhaps you're talking about multi-player? Are you joining groups where everyone is running a CoC build? Because if you're talking about group play, GGG is already aware of that performance issue. Otherwise, don't blame the engine for something that a good chunk of the players don't experience.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 5, 2016, 12:06:29 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:
How is my argument invalid when people with 2x Gtx 1080 drop below 30 fps due to ground effects?
You don't see a deeper problem in the core of the game?
Are you serious?


Because thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of players don't experience that problem. Perhaps you're talking about multi-player? Are you joining groups where everyone is running a CoC build? Because if you're talking about group play, GGG is already aware of that performance issue. Otherwise, don't blame the engine for something that a good chunk of the players don't experience.

So I'm the only one who experiences frame drop when maps have ground effects?
You are telling me hundreds of thousand players don't experience this?
I have stable 60 fps with v-sync,maybe some minor drops when HoI procs and when map has ground effects I have a stable 30 fps.
"
PsOfOs wrote:
So I'm the only one who experiences frame drop when maps have ground effects?
You are telling me hundreds of thousand players don't experience this?
I have stable 60 fps with v-sync,maybe some minor drops when HoI procs and when map has ground effects I have a stable 30 fps.


I don't. I also don't see the problem asked in tech support at all, and there are "11.5 million players worldwide".

I certainly believe you, but it would be nice to narrow that down to find out why you're seeing it. Is this while grouping or solo? Throw your DXDiag report up in Tech Support forum and the community can troubleshoot or isolate it to something in PoE that's affecting your system. You said something about experiencing this while using two GTX 1080s in SLI. Have you tried just one (disabling SLI)? Because I'd like to know why you claim this framedrop as some sort of PoE engine, global issue.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:
So I'm the only one who experiences frame drop when maps have ground effects?
You are telling me hundreds of thousand players don't experience this?
I have stable 60 fps with v-sync,maybe some minor drops when HoI procs and when map has ground effects I have a stable 30 fps.


I don't. I also don't see the problem asked in tech support at all, and there are "11.5 million players worldwide".

I certainly believe you, but it would be nice to narrow that down to find out why you're seeing it. Is this while grouping or solo? Throw your DXDiag report up in Tech Support forum and the community can troubleshoot or isolate it to something in PoE that's affecting your system. You said something about experiencing this while using two GTX 1080s in SLI. Have you tried just one (disabling SLI)? Because I'd like to know why you claim this framedrop as some sort of PoE engine, global issue.

I can't tell if you are being honest about not hearing about this issue before or just a white knight. And i'm sorry if it sounds offensive.
Just a google search or a youtube search is enough to see how many people it affects.
I don't have 1080 sli,i said it even affects top notch systems as it is stated in this thread too by 1080 owners so it is a problem with the game,not setups.
I have i5 2500k 7850 and ssd.
People have been complaining about this ever since ground effects were introduced.
Solo gameplay,parties are unplayable.
Have you at least heard about the same fps drops due to rain?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info