Development Manifesto - Prophecy as a Core Game Mechanic

Perandus the best league for sure.
"
MarboroMan wrote:
why ppl say "prophecy boring, dont add to core" ?
cant understand...

this is as if you were saying "remove strongboxes from the game, because the league where they were introduced was boring"

add it to the game, it is good additional content.


Because there is "so much more" planned for Prohpecy. Which basically means they are wasting time on garbage cookie cutter content. There were better contenders for being rolled into the game which we will never see.
"
Bananaplasm wrote:
"
MarboroMan wrote:
why ppl say "prophecy boring, dont add to core" ?
cant understand...

this is as if you were saying "remove strongboxes from the game, because the league where they were introduced was boring"

add it to the game, it is good additional content.


Because there is "so much more" planned for Prohpecy. Which basically means they are wasting time on garbage cookie cutter content. There were better contenders for being rolled into the game which we will never see.


well, i would prefer act5 over prophecy as well, but.....

still i think prophecy is worth being part of the game just like torments and strongboxes;
sure, its not the exciting content where you totally freak out, i agree.

when u find a box you also dont freak out, you dont hope for the epic loot worth tons of exalted, but still you open it; see whats inside.

just like a few coins, not too exciting, but still you pick it up and see what u can get from it.

(especially when the balance will be fixed, you will drop only 10% of the coins you get now, and you will not be sent to lvl 50 areas over and over again.)

a bit balancing and it will be fine.
just like the additional contents we already have.
additional content, not core content.
thats what its meant to be and in this role it fits just fine i think.
Unknown rule type: SetFondSize
"
Bananaplasm wrote:
Because there is "so much more" planned for Prohpecy. Which basically means they are wasting time on garbage cookie cutter content. There were better contenders for being rolled into the game which we will never see.


Cookie cutter content? Six thousand words of voice acting, completely new graphics, completely new UI for all of this, completely new mechanics, and all integrated into the existing content? I don't think you understand what "cookie cutter" means, because the Prophecy content is not a re-skin, it's a new mechanic.

"
Arrowneous wrote:
So GGG will need to make a permanent currency place in the currency tab so we don't waste 1 of our 5 general purpose space.


Please tell me how you use up the 5 general ones right now? I certainly can't populate them all.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 10, 2016, 6:23:16 PM
"
Bananaplasm wrote:
"
MarboroMan wrote:
why ppl say "prophecy boring, dont add to core" ?
cant understand...

this is as if you were saying "remove strongboxes from the game, because the league where they were introduced was boring"

add it to the game, it is good additional content.


Because there is "so much more" planned for Prohpecy. Which basically means they are wasting time on garbage cookie cutter content. There were better contenders for being rolled into the game which we will never see.


Some leagues are fun for the duration but are too broken for integration. Others are less fun but make great additions to the base game because they are not broken mechanics.


For F**** sake, can't people see why they decided to put one in and not the other??
Perandus - broken (unique items become essentially worthless).
Talisman - a lot of work involved in making it viable. Unlikely to be seen again.
Prophecy - Adds new content without breaking existing content. Doesn't cause market upset. It's also a currency sink for risk takers and a new potential source of luck for your average player who likes to do things like chance white items.

Sometimes I think the playerbase is made up of idiots who stamp their feet when the devs make even a small balance adjustment that affects their favourite build / mechanic despite there being an obvious need for the change.
Thankfully GGG don't generally listen to those people and seem to know what is best for the game.

Enjoy each temp league and ALWAYS assume it isn't going to be rolled into the core game. If it is, whether you like the content or not, the game benefits from having that new content and ultimately it is up to GGG to decide whether the mechanic can be balanced in such a way that it doesn't upset the playerbase.
GGG posted about this years ago. They told us to enjoy the leagues and that far less of them would be rolled into the core game because they wanted to try some more outlandish ideas that might not suit the core game.
Content revamp, de-cluttering, improving visual clarity and preventing previous content invalidation.
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2836216
Last edited by Incarcerated on Aug 10, 2016, 6:52:32 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO


Jesus christ why do you do this. Awful league and "durr everyone loves it, core mechanic!!xXDDD!!"

I don't want fucking sidequests that do N O T H I N G for me. Funny how you say "as a core mechanic"... how are sidequests a core mechanic? How does that change the gameplay? What you mean silver coins dropping and you have to pick them up?? BIG CHANGE GGG, SUPER ENGAGING MECHANICS. Your game is boring for the whole first difficulty, buggy throughout, and RNG reliant in the end game (if maps is end game even though it was supposed to be filler)

I'm also just not sure what your obsession with gating content behind RNG is. The very little interesting content from prophecy has to be farmed/bought to get to. WHY.


[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on Aug 10, 2016, 7:06:03 PM
Only thing I didn't like about prophecy league was that the content, other than visuals of the NPC in town and the coins dropping from monsters, was 100% optional.

Temp leagues shouldn't be optional, you should be forced to use the content in temp leagues. I guess in other leagues, you could say skip bloodlines packs, but you know what I mean.

Overall, I miss the HC temp leagues like bloodlines, tempest, nemesis, invasion & beyond. They were all fun (some more than others). I have absolutely nothing against SC players, I'm in no way, shape or form better than SC players (so don't go down "that" road with what I'm about to say), but these past leagues, these homogenized free unique and loot pinata leagues just don't do it for me.

I miss danger :(
Last edited by MaximumJake on Aug 10, 2016, 8:31:53 PM
awesome!

game need more stuff!

Last edited by CaoMengde on Aug 10, 2016, 8:53:41 PM
I am beeing very honest. Prophecy league is at the bottom in top leagues you presented by now. I beg you to do something better next one.

Regards and best of luck!
ok

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info