Daily Deal Watchlist

"
Archwizard wrote:
This watchlist stuff really doesn't change anything in that regard.

well, i think it's their biggest change of policy stances since the beginning.

everybody knew there would be power creep one day and they couldn't sustain their "we won't devalue your items never ever neverever" with no item sink in the game.

everybody knew future mtx would be borderline pay2win because most players are just causing costs.

but i never thought they would stray from the path of mtx being signs of support by watering their reputation with different price tags ... and extending on that strategy (which works by the way).

i'm just waiting for the day that supporter packs get prices for a race or something: "get it cheaper, nao"! because, why not?
i'm still impressed by their resistance to not selling old mtx they promised to be one time sales. and i really hope i don't get disappointed on this one too one day.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill
I'm happy to see the wishlist is getting a lot of play, I'm glad I suggested it.
I've actually used it quite a bit (once I realized where it was), and even made some builds based on the stuff I've bought.

Like my Tentacle Caustic Arrow Trickster.


Only thing that I might want to see in the future is more then 1 items on sale a day, because as we get more stuff it's going to become harder and harder for the items we want to go on sale.
Like when all the totems where on sale, that made me more likely to pick one up. (thou I wanted the eagle totem anyway, I was tempted to get more then one)

So more themed sales would be nice.
Well I can tell you that for me if they ever were to put mtx on sale that were previously declared as limited time only things it would make me walk away.

I don't know about newer folks, but my impression is that a lot of longer term players like me would also be gone.

Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:
Well I can tell you that for me if they ever were to put mtx on sale that were previously declared as limited time only things it would make me walk away.

I don't know about newer folks, but my impression is that a lot of longer term players like me would also be gone.



I'll bet that GGG regrets ever declaring any of those mtx as 'one time only exclusives'. It was always a terrible idea from the start.

In a pyramid economy game, it's critical to have steady flow of new blood entering at the ground level. Kicking them in the teeth repeatedly by saying "here are these things you'd love to have and would pay for, but you can never EVER have them" is a pretty lousy way to attract and KEEP new payers.
Spoiler
Not a typo. They need payers more than they need players. Many of the old guard (I was one) won't pay forever
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Haven't bought any effects mtx for years now.

Why, you ask? Because I can't sort them. It's just one big giant mess of crap. I don't even want to look at my mtx tab anymore, so why would I buy anything that's going to end up there?


+1

I have 13 MTX Stashes without a way to sort them. The worst are armor sets.....

I would have more MTX stashes if I was able to find them all and remove them.
Last edited by BEASTFSHO on Oct 31, 2016, 10:09:31 PM
"
BEASTFSHO wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Haven't bought any effects mtx for years now.
Why, you ask? Because I can't sort them. It's just one big giant mess of crap. I don't even want to look at my mtx tab anymore, so why would I buy anything that's going to end up there?

+1
I have 13 MTX Stashes without a way to sort them. The worst are armor sets.....
I would have more MTX stashes if I was able to find them all and remove them.

dito, game improvements come first. supporters last (according to jonathan who joked about it in the last podcast).
well, at least they're on it now and want to move mtx from the item database to a separate db. and make them apply to item slots rather than items if applicable. not coming this year though.

still can't believe them that they thought nobody would overspend on their game with them relying on big spenders especially in the beginning to get the whole thing started properly...

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill
"
vio wrote:
everybody knew future mtx would be borderline pay2win

Dude if you don't mind me saying, it really helps if you try to balance what you say. When someone only posts negative comments, the negativity starts to be associated with the poster more than what they are posting about. I've seen several of your posts and you seem pretty jaded.

It almost seems like whenever there's anything negative being said you're immediately there, quoting posts and agreeing with them, adding your voice to what's being said. I'm not sure I've ever seen you reinforce a single positive sentiment anywhere on the forum.

If the MTX in this game were really "borderline pay2win" then the skill effects of Firestorm and Vortex would be switched with the alternative ones in the store. If you're in a group and spamming Firestorm then the Siege effect definitely won't help your FPS - and as someone who's been using the Black Hole effect on Vortex I can tell you it has reduced my visibility rather badly.

I've mucked around with a Firestorm Elementalist and a Vortex Chieftain this league, which is why those examples immediately come to mind. I'm sure I could find more pay2lose stuff if I tried.
Last edited by Sarno on Nov 1, 2016, 3:15:28 PM
"
vio wrote:
everybody knew there would be power creep one day and they couldn't sustain their "we won't devalue your items never ever neverever" with no item sink in the game.

everybody knew future mtx would be borderline pay2win because most players are just causing costs.

but i never thought they would stray from the path of mtx being signs of support by watering their reputation with different price tags ... and extending on that strategy (which works by the way).

Everybody? Please speak for yourself, vio. :-)

I'd agree GGG crossed a line a few times, specifically...

1.) Chris said before launch that PoE would only have aesthetic items in the MTX store. Obviously with tabs that line was crossed.

2.) Then the release of functionality: only premium tabs could be configured to list items on poe.trade. Granted, it's still possible to list automatically with 3rd party software.

3.) And finally currency tabs. They now stack and organize your currency, but the stack sizes of the original currency was not changed, so piles of fusings or whatever take up entire stash tabs or more.

So other than those three times of debatable crossing the line, PoE is not and never will be P2W. Even those breaches of ethics in the past are so far removed from being more powerful in-game. It's all convenience (because you can make mule characters, multiple accounts, etc.).
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Nov 1, 2016, 3:07:51 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
1.) Chris said before launch that PoE would only have aesthetic items in the MTX store. Obviously with tabs that line was crossed.


Define launch, because I bought my first stash tabs back in 2012 during Closed Beta.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
1.) Chris said before launch that PoE would only have aesthetic items in the MTX store. Obviously with tabs that line was crossed.


Define launch, because I bought my first stash tabs back in 2012 during Closed Beta.

True, that was vague.

An article stated this on 04/08/2011: http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011-04-08/path_of_exile_s_second_act_trailer_reveals_new_class_and_combo_charges,1.shtml

Here's the article on 07/25/2012 (before public stress test) that mentioned what Chris said: http://ripten.com/2012/07/25/grinding-gear-games-throwing-wide-the-doors-to-path-of-exile-this-weekend/

Here's the statement:
"
If you happened to miss the custom ladder race that Producer and Lead Designer Chris Wilson set up for our stream team using the game’s League system, that allows for competition. It was an exciting evening, and Chris was kind enough to answer viewer questions in the chat room. This is a company that’s dedicated to player feedback and a strong community. Along those lines, the game will feature “ethical microtransactions” (aesthetic customization only) that ensure it will never be a pay-to-win scenario.

Bold for emphasis.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with stash tabs, but I understand those complaining about how the MTX changed a bit over time to include functionality, not just cosmetics.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Nov 1, 2016, 7:19:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info