Recently Asked Community Questions

Some perspective: I've played a lot of games, I've seen a lot of forums every single one of them filled with angry disenfranchised players who aren't getting their personal dream game handed to them, perfect in every detail.

GGG is about 9 billion times more communicative and transparent than the absolute BEST next game company. It's not even close.

You guys are insanely spoiled and overly coddled to, and yet still the spittle flecked anger over not getting your specific personal vision of a dream game handed to you. I've been there myself, took some growing up to realize I needed to move on and stop making petulant tantrums and "you don't love me, you're no better than an axe murderer" statements born of impotent rage.

Seen it all, the solution was for me to move on and be happy with a new game. POE was the new game for me about 8 months ago, and while there are MANY things I could improve (for me) it's an incredible game, almost easilly IMO the best ARPG ever made, and certainly the most open and transparent developer I've ever experienced. Grass is always greener though and everyone grows jaded and frustrated as the game doesn't stick to the exact model of perfection of your personal desires.

I'd love melee to not be a joke tag on a new ranged spell, I'd love to see a real reason why anyone not "tryharding" would EVER bother to melee bosses. maybe some day they will get control of that aspect of their game. I would love for them to reduce all spell AOE by about 70% (less base damage) I would lop 66% off available movement speed, and casting/ranged attack speed, and 33% off the top end of melee attack speed. I would eliminate the "one shot the entire screen at movement speed" from being a thing.

in other words I would do major surgery to POE to make it better resemble the swords and sorcery it's supposed to be. But having said that, this is still hands down the best ARPG ever made (IMO).
Quadrupling the number of 0.00001% chance Boss encounters in the game while at the same time quadrupling the number of things you need to juggle (masters, leagues, splinters) is not a net increase in CONTENT; its a NET INCREASE IN CONTENT YOU NEVER GET TO DO
So I'm a little confused about the way the scorching beam stack thing is worded.
"
Why does Scorching Ray specify that it cannot go above -24%, when that's the maximum possible from 8 stages?
This is so that if you have multiple players or totems using Scorching Ray, it can't exceed -24%. Each Scorching Ray debuff on an enemy can have 8 stages. An entity can be affected by multiple Scorching Ray debuffs at a time (from different beams). They’ll all apply their damage over time based on their individual stages, but the total Fire Resistance penalty from all of the debuffs on a particular enemy cannot exceed -24%.

Does this mean that each totem you summon will apply it's own scorching ray DAMAGE stacks, or are scorching ray damage stacks unique per player? I've seen posts that have it both ways and would just like clarification.
Last edited by fourzerofour on Nov 22, 2016, 8:59:28 PM
"
v1br0 wrote:
"
Weapon Range
Melee weapons have the following base range:
Axe, One-Handed: 5
Axe, Two-Handed: 7
Claw: 5
Dagger: 5
Mace, One-Handed: 5
Mace, Two-Handed: 6
Sceptre: 5
Sword, One Handed: 6
Sword, Thrusting One-Handed: 7
Sword, Two Handed: 6
Staff: 6
Unarmed: 4


Why 2h axe = 1h sword but 2h axe better then staff? WTF %)


Actually that makes perfect sense.

A staff is generally held in the center and used from both ends, except in certain niche styles like la moulinet. This means that while the staff itself may by 5'-6' long, its effective range is much shorter than that.

A 2H axe is has a longer effective front end on the swing, which gives it more extension.

You ask why the range for 2h axe is the same as 1h sword, but it isn't the same as a 1h sword.
1H sword has the same range as staff, which is more or less correct, since you can strike at the full distance of arm+blade length. What you are actually comparing is 2h axe vs 1h thrusting sword (i.e. Rapier/Foil).

In the case of Rapiers/Foils they are primarily thrusting and lunging weapons. They tend to be thinner and longer so they have inherently more range, and the fact that they lend themselves to lunges and thrusts rather than slices means they have more range from a practical martial style as well. If anything I think the distance for thrusting swords may even be underestimated.
"
fourzerofour wrote:
So I'm a little confused about the way the scorching beam stack thing is worded.
"
Why does Scorching Ray specify that it cannot go above -24%, when that's the maximum possible from 8 stages?
This is so that if you have multiple players or totems using Scorching Ray, it can't exceed -24%. Each Scorching Ray debuff on an enemy can have 8 stages. An entity can be affected by multiple Scorching Ray debuffs at a time (from different beams). They’ll all apply their damage over time based on their individual stages, but the total Fire Resistance penalty from all of the debuffs on a particular enemy cannot exceed -24%.

Does this mean that each totem you summon will apply it's own scorching ray DAMAGE stacks, or are scorching ray damage stacks unique per player? I've seen posts that have it both ways and would just like clarification.


He says right in the quote that the debuff is per beam, and says that multiple totems count... I am actually pretty ecstatic about that.
since today's update lootfilters are fucked up. Fix that.
Explosive Cleave Gladiator by supreme_pizza
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609862
"
alhazred70 wrote:
Some perspective: I've played a lot of games, I've seen a lot of forums every single one of them filled with angry disenfranchised players who aren't getting their personal dream game handed to them, perfect in every detail.

GGG is about 9 billion times more communicative and transparent than the absolute BEST next game company. It's not even close.

You guys are insanely spoiled and overly coddled to, and yet still the spittle flecked anger over not getting your specific personal vision of a dream game handed to you. I've been there myself, took some growing up to realize I needed to move on and stop making petulant tantrums and "you don't love me, you're no better than an axe murderer" statements born of impotent rage.

Seen it all, the solution was for me to move on and be happy with a new game. POE was the new game for me about 8 months ago, and while there are MANY things I could improve (for me) it's an incredible game, almost easilly IMO the best ARPG ever made, and certainly the most open and transparent developer I've ever experienced. Grass is always greener though and everyone grows jaded and frustrated as the game doesn't stick to the exact model of perfection of your personal desires.

I'd love melee to not be a joke tag on a new ranged spell, I'd love to see a real reason why anyone not "tryharding" would EVER bother to melee bosses. maybe some day they will get control of that aspect of their game. I would love for them to reduce all spell AOE by about 70% (less base damage) I would lop 66% off available movement speed, and casting/ranged attack speed, and 33% off the top end of melee attack speed. I would eliminate the "one shot the entire screen at movement speed" from being a thing.

in other words I would do major surgery to POE to make it better resemble the swords and sorcery it's supposed to be. But having said that, this is still hands down the best ARPG ever made (IMO).


TL;DR: "I am average but somehow know better than all of you, stop hating on my favourite game, I am fanboy, hurr durr"
Joined: Jul 31, 2012
"
champloncar wrote:

TL;DR: "I am average but somehow know better than all of you, stop hating on my favourite game, I am fanboy, hurr durr"


Sad for you if thats all you were capable of taking away from that, but it wasn't a post for trump voters. There will always be dunning krugers like I assume yourself hating on games because they aren't catering to your every whim. There's nothing at all that can be done about people like you except ignore and discount your opinions as the irrational background hatenoise of the unavoidable percentage of unpleasable terminally unhappy people who will play the game and never be happy and not being happy will be what they (you) actually get out of it.

I have plenty problems with POE (like melee sucks see my posting history) but like any rational person or experienced gamer I've slowly come to understand that I'll never play this game that is 100% perfect for me. In your context Fanboi = someone who's rational and plays games they predominantly enjoy, instead of playing games they no longer enjoy and then making a new game on the forum of insulting the dev team 24/7 for not providing free copies of perfection "the game made for Champloncar" on their own time as a charity for you personally.
Quadrupling the number of 0.00001% chance Boss encounters in the game while at the same time quadrupling the number of things you need to juggle (masters, leagues, splinters) is not a net increase in CONTENT; its a NET INCREASE IN CONTENT YOU NEVER GET TO DO
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
champloncar wrote:

TL;DR: "I am average but somehow know better than all of you, stop hating on my favourite game, I am fanboy, hurr durr"


Sad for you if thats all you were capable of taking away from that, but it wasn't a post for trump voters. There will always be dunning krugers like I assume yourself hating on games because they aren't catering to your every whim. There's nothing at all that can be done about people like you except ignore and discount your opinions as the irrational background hatenoise of the unavoidable percentage of unpleasable terminally unhappy people who will play the game and never be happy and not being happy will be what they (you) actually get out of it.

I have plenty problems with POE (like melee sucks see my posting history) but like any rational person or experienced gamer I've slowly come to understand that I'll never play this game that is 100% perfect for me. In your context Fanboi = someone who's rational and plays games they predominantly enjoy, instead of playing games they no longer enjoy and then making a new game on the forum of insulting the dev team 24/7 for not providing free copies of perfection "the game made for Champloncar" on their own time as a charity for you personally.


seems like a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow proces in your case though. Good luck with the high horse riding mate.
Joined: Jul 31, 2012
"
csisyadam wrote:
Still not clear for me what happens when you release the 6 stacks of blade flurry when dual wielding.

Edit:
Let's be more precise: The Gladiator's Outmatch and Outlast gives frenzy/endurance charge depending on which hand made the killing blow. What happens if I release the button at 6 stacks which kills the enemy?

Bump :D

Nevermind, I found my answer :)
Spoiler
Also, will the attack speed bug be fixed? (Brightbreak in main hand, dagger/claw/sword in off hand)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1769616#p13902258
Last edited by csisyadam on Nov 27, 2016, 6:50:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info