PS4 servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

[3.11] Kitava's Thirst Builds - Flame Surge/Blade Vortex - Sirus /T16 Farm

Bump, added a new setup, using Kaom's Heart.
The 30% chance wrecks any clear speed for this build unfortunately.

It means 70% of the time i'm clearing mobs with flame surge which is pretty bad.

Even with 10+ cast per second sometimes I clear a bunch of mobs in a row without any proc. Feelsprettybadman.

The single target DPS is pretty good but just clears so slow it's impossible to enjoy in it's current state.

Kudos for thinking creatively about this build but the game mechanics are too limiting in this case.
Last edited by dantven on Sep 20, 2017, 9:02:33 PM
"
dantven wrote:
The 30% chance wrecks any clear speed for this build unfortunately.

It means 70% of the time i'm clearing mobs with flame surge which is pretty bad.

Even with 10+ cast per second sometimes I clear a bunch of mobs in a row without any proc. Feelsprettybadman.

The single target DPS is pretty good but just clears so slow it's impossible to enjoy in it's current state.

Kudos for thinking creatively about this build but the game mechanics are too limiting in this case.

I agree with you that 30% is kinda low (and someone in a previous post mentioned an engine issue, to be confirmed), however something that is very important for clear speed is positioning.
If you go in the center of packs, Magma Orb will be a lot less effective. With proper placement, you can kill offscreen mobs with one, sometimes two procs. If you can get +2 Magma Orb Chain it is even better.
IMO the main thing limiting the clear speed is mobility, I haven't found a good solution yet.
Bump, added path of building link for the definitive edition.
looks so freakin cool :x

3.1 viable?
Hi, thanks !

It is still viable, this build had no changes with 3.1.

I'll be trying a Poet's Pen variation, should be fun to use.
"
Sarodh1 wrote:
Hi, thanks !

It is still viable, this build had no changes with 3.1.

I'll be trying a Poet's Pen variation, should be fun to use.

Is there something that will help to survive instead of Zerphi's (that can't be obtained in Abyss league)?
"
uawind wrote:
"
Sarodh1 wrote:
Hi, thanks !

It is still viable, this build had no changes with 3.1.

I'll be trying a Poet's Pen variation, should be fun to use.

Is there something that will help to survive instead of Zerphi's (that can't be obtained in Abyss league)?

A decent bubbling/panicked flask does the trick, but, without Zerphi's there's much less surviability, I agree. Last good solution is getting Atziri's Acuity.
I came up with a radical solution, I'll post it shortly.
Last edited by Sarodh1 on Jan 19, 2018, 3:51:13 AM
Bump, good things going on for this league, I'll update this guide regularly.
Hi there. Planning a similar build for 3.2 myself. As you have experience with the trickster and Kitava's Thirst i have a question. Does Weave The Arcane mana regen on skill use triggers of each of the spells in the helmet or only from the main 6L spell?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info