[3.12*] For Scion - Ngamahu's Flame Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam (End Game Viable)

"
Ezevade wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
Flammability curse 30% (outside of being rare and hard to get in the ladder) devo brings the curse to 57%, on shaper/guardians it goes down to 11% from 9% (original) so you're really only getting 2% more curse effectiveness.

70c one is 20% effectiveness and there are 3 30% effectiveness on the entire market :V

Not saying that not good but it's 20% movement speed + 2% more curse effectiveness on strong bosses (13% more on trash) vs potential tank stats or let's say 10%/15% attack speed + 15% attack speed on something like a Starkonja's Head or rat's nest.


Well if you are talking about shaper now, there is no tanky stats that will prevent you from getting one shotted by his spells so you can aswell get some mov speed to run out of them..

I mean its mostly personal preference i'd take movement speed over defense stats any day because i like moving around the boss a lot..

And there is a guy selling it for 80c right now (Harbinger SC)

It's mostly food for thought because bronn's + devo makes it pretty hard to cap resist/get life without spectacular gear if you go into opal/steel rings terrority. Getting a tank helmet with similar dps to a regular devo will allow you access to far cheaper high damage opal/steel rings.

If you don't mind losing 20% movement speed over devo, you can drastically increase your damage output for cheaper in other gearing areas. Rat's nest 15% + 15% enchant (or head +100 life so you don't need high life on rings) is only beaten if you get 15% enchant on devo itself which is like 10x more expensive which is compounded by the fact then you also need much more expensive opal/steel rings with higher resist on them.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 2, 2017, 6:48:22 AM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
Ezevade wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
Flammability curse 30% (outside of being rare and hard to get in the ladder) devo brings the curse to 57%, on shaper/guardians it goes down to 11% from 9% (original) so you're really only getting 2% more curse effectiveness.

70c one is 20% effectiveness and there are 3 30% effectiveness on the entire market :V

Not saying that not good but it's 20% movement speed + 2% more curse effectiveness on strong bosses (13% more on trash) vs potential tank stats or let's say 10%/15% attack speed + 15% attack speed on something like a Starkonja's Head or rat's nest.


Well if you are talking about shaper now, there is no tanky stats that will prevent you from getting one shotted by his spells so you can aswell get some mov speed to run out of them..

I mean its mostly personal preference i'd take movement speed over defense stats any day because i like moving around the boss a lot..

And there is a guy selling it for 80c right now (Harbinger SC)

It's mostly food for thought because bronn's + devo makes it pretty hard to cap resist/get life without spectacular gear if you go into opal/steel rings terrority. Getting a tank helmet with similar dps to a regular devo will allow you access to far cheaper high damage opal/steel rings.

If you don't mind losing 20% movement speed over devo, you can drastically increase your damage output for cheaper in other gearing areas. Rat's nest 15% + 15% enchant (or head +100 life so you don't need high life on rings) is only beaten if you get 15% enchant on devo itself which is like 10x more expensive which is compounded by the fact then you also need much more expensive opal/steel rings with higher resist on them.



We have different definition of drastic increase, replacing my current flammability curse would be increased from 468k dps (On shaper) to 477k dps(on shaper), which is similar dps increase i could get for buying a 20c jewel. On the other hand, one of my rings had 0 resistance and second one has only 35% lightning, i dont see how you're having issues capping resist with belt/boots/gloves while Xoph's already gives you fire resist and you can get some additional from jewels
Last edited by Ezevade on Sep 2, 2017, 6:37:45 AM
"
Ezevade wrote:

We have different definition of drastic increase, replacing my current flammability curse would be increased from 468k dps (On shaper) to 477k dps(on shaper), which is similar dps increase i could get for buying a 20c jewel. On the other hand, one of my rings had 0 resistance and second one has only 35% lightning, i dont see how you're having issues capping resist with belt/boots/gloves while Xoph's already gives you fire resist and you can get some additional from jewels


But it's flammability curse vs +15%/10% more attack speed. Or flammability curse vs hp/resist allowing you to get more dps mods on jewels/less resist on other gears. If I rolled 60% resist on the helm it will allow me to get 6 more dps nodes on jewels, or drop a 30-40% resist roll on a opal/steel ring for another high damage mod.

I'm not having problems capping resist, the discussion is about pure cost effectiveness pre-xoph's blood or high budget. If you can afford xoph's blood then the discussion of cost effectiveness of replacing your helm temporarily with a cheap +15% attacks speed cyclone helm with 10% attack speed 100 life/15% attack speed, high hp/double res/int/ect helm in trade for 20% movement speed is kinda moot.

I think there's merit in having a discussion on maximizing medium budgets kits(upper limit on what most people will get too or ladder players) then assuming you'll eventually reach xoph's blood and similar gearing. 15% attack speed cyclone rat's nest/hoods are 30c for example.

Same idea with wearing carnage heart/Daresso's Salute until you get xoph's blood. Flammability might be extra amazing though if it was 30c enchant like all of the other helmets instead of 2ex more.

If all else fails it's still a dps increase for "cheap" :V
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Sep 2, 2017, 7:12:29 AM
hiya are these ring's good for the build they dnt have fire damage roll



Last edited by AngusKhanTheGreat on Sep 3, 2017, 6:15:54 PM
"
hiya are these ring's good for the build they dnt have fire damage roll




They are definitely very usable for the build. :)
I am pretty squishy.. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here lol. Any tips? I got completely obliterated in Torture Chamber boss lol 1 hit with max res. Life is at 4096

Last edited by kayw on Sep 4, 2017, 2:46:49 AM
"
kayw wrote:
I am pretty squishy.. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here lol. Any tips? I got completely obliterated in Torture Chamber boss lol 1 hit with max res. Life is at 4096

Spoiler

Your Damanation Grasp ring does not have life roll. You can replace that. You can also use a rare amulet with high life roll.

Looking at your profile from POB, it shows that you only have 4000 life. That is kind of low. Check out Recommended Rares section for preferred rolls on rare slots.

It also appears that you have missed out 3 skill book quests cos POB shows that you are at level 76 instead of 79. So you might want to check that out. Those 3 points can be invested into life nodes in the skill tree.

Also, check out the flasks section. Use the recommended flask setup. For Scion, it is fine to use 2 x life flasks during mapping.

You are using Item Rarity in your chest. Switch that to Concentrated gem instead. You are missing lots of damage there.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
kayw wrote:
I am pretty squishy.. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here lol. Any tips? I got completely obliterated in Torture Chamber boss lol 1 hit with max res. Life is at 4096

Spoiler

Your Damanation Grasp ring does not have life roll. You can replace that. You can also use a rare amulet with high life roll.

Looking at your profile from POB, it shows that you only have 4000 life. That is kind of low. Check out Recommended Rares section for preferred rolls on rare slots.

It also appears that you have missed out 3 skill book quests cos POB shows that you are at level 76 instead of 79. So you might want to check that out. Those 3 points can be invested into life nodes in the skill tree.

Also, check out the flasks section. Use the recommended flask setup. For Scion, it is fine to use 2 x life flasks during mapping.

You are using Item Rarity in your chest. Switch that to Concentrated gem instead. You are missing lots of damage there.


Sorry that wasn't the gear I usually wear when I do high tier maps. But I do keep the Increased Rarity cause damage hasn't been an issue I've been able to clear everything with it just a little bit slower. I fixed my tree a little and I'm at 4,888. Thanks for pointing out the quests lol I had no idea.



I haven't looked for the other flasks since damage hasn't been a concern yet. And I think it would be better to have a rare amulet than the Carnage one as well.. Maybe I'll look into that. Especially when we don't do physical damage lol.

Edit** just swapped out amulet

Had to be a lil cheap and just go for pure defensive since that's what Carnage was anyways. I'm at 5,168 life. Would 6L Belly be more effective or Xoph's? Or any other recommendations for next upgrade
Last edited by kayw on Sep 4, 2017, 8:50:44 PM
"
kayw wrote:

Sorry that wasn't the gear I usually wear when I do high tier maps. But I do keep the Increased Rarity cause damage hasn't been an issue I've been able to clear everything with it just a little bit slower. I fixed my tree a little and I'm at 4,888. Thanks for pointing out the quests lol I had no idea.

Spoiler


I haven't looked for the other flasks since damage hasn't been a concern yet. And I think it would be better to have a rare amulet than the Carnage one as well.. Maybe I'll look into that. Especially when we don't do physical damage lol.

Edit** just swapped out amulet

Had to be a lil cheap and just go for pure defensive since that's what Carnage was anyways. I'm at 5,168 life. Would 6L Belly be more effective or Xoph's? Or any other recommendations for next upgrade

Xoph's Blood will be your next upgrade follow by 6L.

You can check out Slayer's FAQ section as most of the answers there will apply to Scion too. :)
"
@RagnarokChu

Going Raider Ele we lose free Fortify and 30% more dmg while Fortify is active. Then we need to drop Added Fire for Fortify and its around 100k Cyclone DPS loss vs Shaper, there is no way that additional golem and 6%pen can make up for it.

40 INT shouldn't be that hard to get and Opal with INT aren't that expensive now since HoWA isn't played rly.

"You and nearby Allies have 30% increased damage while you have Fortify"
it's increased, not "more". or did i miss something?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info