Xbox Version Doesn't Feel Like Path of Exile

Like many others I was so hyped for this release. I actually bought an Xbox just to play PoE on console. Unfortunately, a lot of crucial components of the game are missing and it feels like I'm playing Gauntlet or something.

I can deal with the poor targeting on xbox but lack of chat and a meaningful trading system are somewhat of deal-breakers in a game that revolves around party play, its economy, and that all too gratifying feeling of equipping gear that makes your character meaningfully stronger.

For now I guess its back to PC version.
Last bumped on Dec 26, 2017, 10:31:26 AM
Sorry for the inconvenience! Enjoy your watered down version, cheers!

-GGG
"
Lambda_X wrote:
lack of chat

Basically Lord Toucan and FlashBang
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."
"
Lambda_X wrote:
Like many others I was so hyped for this release. I actually bought an Xbox just to play PoE on console. Unfortunately, a lot of crucial components of the game are missing and it feels like I'm playing Gauntlet or something.

I can deal with the poor targeting on xbox but lack of chat and a meaningful trading system are somewhat of deal-breakers in a game that revolves around party play, its economy, and that all too gratifying feeling of equipping gear that makes your character meaningfully stronger.

I don't get your complaint at all. It's the same game.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Lambda_X wrote:

As a player of both.. no. Cannot find items for trade. Trade board is water down and cliche. I have never found or made a 6l myself in this game and I have played it off and on since 2012... They make it almost impossible to find one on the Xbox version as you can't even ask in a trade chat.. you can't even search for a 6l socketed item... it's garbage.

We can't even get an Xbox trade sub forum to trade in to find gear.. In a game that is all about gear find and trading and getting stronger to complete maps, this system is trash. If they don't get a poe.trade esque system on consoles or a better way to find the gear you want, then it's going to be a short lived hype train for me. I was excited to finally play this on console. But no guilds, no PVP, no chat and no good trade system has left me a bit annoyed and aggravated.
"
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Lambda_X wrote:

As a player of both.. no. Cannot find items for trade. Trade board is water down and cliche. I have never found or made a 6l myself in this game and I have played it off and on since 2012... They make it almost impossible to find one on the Xbox version as you can't even ask in a trade chat.. you can't even search for a 6l socketed item... it's garbage.

We can't even get an Xbox trade sub forum to trade in to find gear.. In a game that is all about gear find and trading and getting stronger to complete maps, this system is trash. If they don't get a poe.trade esque system on consoles or a better way to find the gear you want, then it's going to be a short lived hype train for me. I was excited to finally play this on console. But no guilds, no PVP, no chat and no good trade system has left me a bit annoyed and aggravated.

So basically you moved from PC expecting it was gonna be nearly the same as PC? I'm pretty sure most console players are content with it. Thats not saying it doesnt need a few improvements but considering it was ported from PC people who moved shouldnt be expecting it to be better or exactly like PC.
"
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Lambda_X wrote:

Cya.
All it needs is a way to trade. Either a forum. Parameters for the board. Or chat. And everything is perfect.

It's pretty easy to say "What did you expect?" but take away chat on PC, The trading boards here and poe.trade and I guarantee you that you wouldn't be too happy. It'll still be fun to play on the side.
"
ecruz26 wrote:
"
"
iamstryker wrote:

So basically you moved from PC expecting it was gonna be nearly the same as PC? I'm pretty sure most console players are content with it. Thats not saying it doesnt need a few improvements but considering it was ported from PC people who moved shouldnt be expecting it to be better or exactly like PC.

I guess the perspective differs based on what you think makes POE the game it is.

Is it the gameplay itself?
Or
The community and trading economy?

I would argue that the community and trading economy make the game what it is, through the trading api, community chat, daily mission collaboration, and in-game group finder. If your argument is the gameplay, then I am sorry, but not all aspects of gameplay are there, from the PC due to breaking bugs with skills like cyclone and lack of a weapon swap. These are issues to me, but not as breaking as the lack of a community and economy.

The game is very RNG based, sometimes a player will find 2 of the same unique items, multiple 5/6L, or nice rares, whereas another player may find none of that, but some currency items. Being able to filter and contact people right away for trades is an important part of this game that enables many of us to play the builds we want. You could play a build on console, get to end game, and then realize you just can't find the pieces or even trade for them, that you need for your build to fully work. No one expects an xbox app or phone app that we can trade on, with exact feature set of POE Trade, but something more towards that direction, even in-game trade, with filters would be very nice.

I am not an Xbox Developer, but I am a developer and I will continue to offer complaints and suggestions, really any feedback that I have, in case it will help spark new or re-enforce ideas that the developers have. I respect their game and work a lot. They have done a great successor to Diablo 2, but the port to Xbox has not carried the same greatness that POE holds on the PC. It will take time, but I have faith that we will get a better game out of our feedback and "belly-aching".
See, I haven't had any gameplay issue, but I am rolling a Tornado Shot ranger so there isn't much room yet for error.

It's the trade board even being there at this rate. As I said before, played the PC version for years and never had a 6l item on my own, if I can't even look for one, ANYWHERE, then I don't need to trade anyone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info