3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain

Not sure how the combination of cyclone and combustion works.

The Wiki says on combustion support:

"The normal rules for burning apply, linking this gem to a skill that deals no fire damage is pointless"

So basiclly we dont wan't added fire dmg on our gear and cyclone will deal only physical (+cold / light) damage. If I understand right, we won't ignite enemies with that combination and therefore the resistance won't be reduce.

Am I missing something?

Best regards
Bernhart
"
Bernhart wrote:
Any other (maybe crazy / high budget) ideas for improvements (my profil should be public)?

Thank you and best regards
Bernhart


corrupted jewel implicit mods. immune to corrupted blood, +dmg, +aoe, reduced mana reserved, etc. lots of possible good outcomes, but you'd probably ruin a bunch of good jewels before hitting anything good.

your aul's uprising could potentially get double corrupted to give +1 max resists and enemies can have +1 curse or a level 23 purity to save you a gem slot

i'm not sure 2x kaom is necessary this late in the build. boganist uses an opal with a frenzy charge for extra damage (4% more dmg from frenzy, then % increased from implicit & other good life/res rolls).

your gear is amazing though. most 'improvements' come down to what type of playstyle you're looking to adjust it for.

this build comes with a lot of areas with diminishing returns, and it'd be nice if someone came out with some math or graphs to show where these all are
Last edited by jaeds on Jul 1, 2019, 6:37:16 PM
"
Bernhart wrote:
Not sure how the combination of cyclone and combustion works.

The Wiki says on combustion support:

"The normal rules for burning apply, linking this gem to a skill that deals no fire damage is pointless"

So basiclly we dont wan't added fire dmg on our gear and cyclone will deal only physical (+cold / light) damage. If I understand right, we won't ignite enemies with that combination and therefore the resistance won't be reduce.

Am I missing something?

Best regards
Bernhart


You can use Stormfire ring which gives you the option of igniting with lightning damage.
It actually works. I just need some more testing on tougher bosses.
You'll also need some hit chance (I will try something like cyclone - add accuracy - combustion), or if it's real deal - I want to try vagan mod and elemental proliferation/inc aoe.

The only real question is - will it sustain itself of bosses with no chance to ignite at all and if not - what numbers do you need to sustain it.
I don't think it's worth to use Stormfire ring but would love to hear if someone has experience with it.

An additional comment i would like to add is, that with the change of the scaling of shield charge (with shield instead of weapon) it makes no sense anymore to have added lighning or cold damage on your weapon to trigger EE with shield carge. I had a discussion on this with a mate some days ago and it seems that still a lot persons are using this (even if it has no effect) and i also saw that in vasterov's profil.

I just use stormbrand to trigger EE and you can still use "added cold / light to attacks" on rings, amus or abyss jewels.

Maybe this could be added to the guide as a hint, as it leaves us with an open slot with no real use on multi crafted weapons.

Best regards
Bernhart
"
Bernhart wrote:
I don't think it's worth to use Stormfire ring but would love to hear if someone has experience with it.

An additional comment i would like to add is, that with the change of the scaling of shield charge (with shield instead of weapon) it makes no sense anymore to have added lighning or cold damage on your weapon to trigger EE with shield carge. I had a discussion on this with a mate some days ago and it seems that still a lot persons are using this (even if it has no effect) and i also saw that in vasterov's profil.

I just use stormbrand to trigger EE and you can still use "added cold / light to attacks" on rings, amus or abyss jewels.

Maybe this could be added to the guide as a hint, as it leaves us with an open slot with no real use on multi crafted weapons.

Best regards
Bernhart


Oh, right. This is another reason why I use leap slam, I just remembered it. Thanks for reminding. And this will be a great thing to add for a new players.
"
Bernhart wrote:

Any other (maybe crazy / high budget) ideas for improvements (my profil should be public)?


So if you cant run 2 Curses your Witchfire will overwrite the Flammability and be kinda useless. I would buy a Soul Ripper. In Maps you can nearly run Vaal RF all the time and in Bossfights you can use it nearly every phase.

I couldnt find Aspect of the Spider on ur Items. Would be 5-15% more damage too.

Swap either Leap Slam for culling or use gloves with faster attacks on them so you dont need that jewel. Culling is really nice in uber elder fights.

And last but not least.... get a timeless jewel with 3 or more 20% dmg on the notable nodes in the south..... or 4% more life on them. :D
Flammability is nice for Shaper and UE because you wont have a 100% uptime on witchfire at those bosses.

Aspect of spider i have on my boots.

I just swapped culling for leap slam to try it a little bit and i think it might be worth it to use in addition to shield charge. For this setup it might be perfect to try to get gloves with faster attacks or maybe even the essence craft with more attackspeed as you mentioned Arinfaed. I might aim for that.

Has someone a seed of a usefull timeless jewel + maybe the screenshot showing the effects within the passive tree?

Thank you and best regards
Bernhart
so which helmet would actualy do more dps?






ps, how should i improve my build ? i am kinda stuck and dont know how to go on :(


Spoiler




Last edited by iDT on Jul 2, 2019, 10:29:47 PM
"
iDT wrote:
so which helmet would actualy do more dps?

ps, how should i improve my build ? i am kinda stuck and dont know how to go on :(

this shows the total damage multiplier for each helmet and gem setup. you can use it to compare


i'd start with amulet and sceptre. read the "gear" section for a more detailed explanation

"
Bernhart wrote:
An additional comment i would like to add is, that with the change of the scaling of shield charge (with shield instead of weapon) it makes no sense anymore to have added lighning or cold damage on your weapon to trigger EE with shield carge. I had a discussion on this with a mate some days ago and it seems that still a lot persons are using this (even if it has no effect) and i also saw that in vasterov's profil.

I just use stormbrand to trigger EE and you can still use "added cold / light to attacks" on rings, amus or abyss jewels.

Maybe this could be added to the guide as a hint, as it leaves us with an open slot with no real use on multi crafted weapons.

thank you, i completely missed it. i've edited the guide

+2 to fire gems (rolled) OR +1 to gems (rolled) OR +2 to support gems (crafted)

would be the best prefix now i think. or maybe "hits can't be evaded" to make shield charge always hit

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info