Path of Nerfs

Grim Dawn i welcome you to my time!
"
Fuzhelmet wrote:
Hopefully, nerfing xp doesn't become a seasonal trend.


They have done it for years, it's already a trend. People just stop at 94-95 and that is where GGG wants it. Still I think there is a way more elegant solution that give more fun ans satisfaction to everyone than just nerfing xp.
Welcome to the league of NERFS.I got that this game supposed to be hardcore-ish, but for me, as the most casual player in the world, these changes look horrible
Way to change shit up! Can't wait for Abyss!
What you need to run RF
@TAKE ALL NODES ON REGEN ON TREE
@TAKE REGEN ENCHANT IN LAB
@TAKE ALL POSSIBLE GEAR WITH REGEN
@TAKE REGEN AURA
@TAKE MAX RES ON TREE
@TAKE MAX RES FROM CORRUPTION
@TAKE MAX RES FROM MAX AURA, THEN CORRUPT THEN +2 FROM RING
@SOMEHOW MANAGE TO GET KAOM OR SHAVRONNE
@TAKE BOTH PANTEON AGAINS DAMAGE OVER TIME

What you need to run sunder
400+pdps 2h weap for 1 alch
Tabula armour
And you can make red maps

Are you serious GGG?
How many people can play RF from 16 lvl?
Did you try to run life RF with 13-14k life in abyss league? Is it possible to play this build?

I think to buy my first support pack, BUT after so many NERFs NO!!!
Last edited by d1rtiq on Dec 5, 2017, 10:02:23 AM
I like the way you handled exp penalties this time around

I only beg that you enhance these penalties in exchange for removing the horribly misguided monster level penalties to high-level maps. They're bad for the game, bad for balance, bad for fun, bad for everyone except those who want a level 71 character to farm t16 maps until level 85 (which is the range at which a character gets no exp penalty from t16 maps for some fucking reason).
"
Grim Dawn i welcome you to my time!


Already finished. Tough my build was boring "double pistole" firestrike spam, I've enjoyed the atmosphere pretty much. 8/10.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Or it is a purely emotional reaction bred by what they consider bad news but in reality its like a financial collapse in some foreign country they most likely will never come in contact with.


No.
I've played plenty of characters to 90+ and have to keep deleting characters since I make new ones all the time. Played a discharger to 96 one league and it took a lot of time. Way longer than the fun stayed and way longer than it should take to get to a 100. Either they have to make strand, shore and all the good layout t14+ or they have to fix the game in some other way for people to actually enjoy it past 95.

I understand that streamers is a part of their publicity but to form the game around the 1% and not the bigger part of the players is beyond my understanding.

What makes a game fun in the endgame? Feeling strong, go fast and make things go boom alternatively to slaughter bosses and gain big rewards.
Is your understanding that we get any of that right now?
Any build that seems "too powerful" gets a nerf insted of bringing other skills to that level and make the fun-factor broader.

Whats the problem with having a bigger scale of the players enjoying the game?
The people complaining about "power creep" and that that bs is the ones that knows how to gather alot of wealth and/or the required items needed for a build early in the league.
I don't mind if this top 10% or w/e quit and never come back and leave the rest of us 90% to have fun insted of having the 10% have some degree of fun and the rest to struggle.
wrong way to combat the xp gain issues. what you just did was making the slow players become even slower. the issue is how effective you could gather xp with thoes shaped maps with sextants and so on. i had rather seen thoes being toned down. so char with not 3 sceen clear could be considered viable. or adding a xp bonus from hard mods. the issue with all thies sextants is they add a ton of gain for a very low risk, vs running minus max crit + 2 added eles
"
DUKE_OF_SNUFF wrote:
wrong way to combat the xp gain issues. what you just did was making the slow players become even slower. the issue is how effective you could gather xp with thoes shaped maps with sextants and so on. i had rather seen thoes being toned down. so char with not 3 sceen clear could be considered viable. or adding a xp bonus from hard mods. the issue with all thies sextants is they add a ton of gain for a very low risk, vs running minus max crit + 2 added eles


rofl no way, this is the best way to combat exp issues. We need density to make gameplay itself fun. The penalties only kick in at level 95. Slow players don't need to pass that.

I say this as someone who hit 97 in harbinger just off easy beachhead exp... I don't need to pass 95. Ever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info