We need some clarification about the future of the trade-system

Dear GGG,

i play PoE on xBox since nearly 2 weeks now, it is great...

But to be hornest, i think about to quite after this short amount of time, because i dont wanne play ssf...

Any, xbox is ssf at the moment.

The tradeboard is a joke - no filters, no reactions when i make an offer

Even there are items with b/o and i offer the b/o, i dont get an reaction from the seller for hours and days...
This is totaly useless...

Please, clarify yout time-plans:
When do you think something changes (or stays at it is)...

I dont have fun playing that way, the progression is much slower then it could be because of the lack of trade-possibility...

THIS is the biggest issue u have on xbox, i am a real fan of PoE, played on PC 4 years...
But with that, i would say there is no future... this is not a PC where the people go to trade.poe or something, this is a console.

Please tell us what happend and when does it happen!

Thanks!
Last bumped on Dec 27, 2017, 10:59:12 PM
I dont know about you but i like alot more xbox one version of poe.Pc leagues are dead economy-vise in 20 days.While in xbox we can play almost 3 months with fresh economy.
"
WoodkingHard wrote:
I dont know about you but i like alot more xbox one version of poe.Pc leagues are dead economy-vise in 20 days.While in xbox we can play almost 3 months with fresh economy.
with no economy you lier since cant find mostly anything with current market.
I think because it's at the tail end of the league most have moved on until 3.1 launches. It wasn't too hard to find what you needed in the 1st 2 weeks but that doesn't really help feels bad man. Not sure what build would fail that badly all you should need is a 5 link and some cheap uniques to get started.
I agree the 'no response' is a big deal currently. Theres alot of problems that are seriously frutrating w trade.

While Ive noticed some are being worked on, I think there needs to be accountability.
I want to be able to see name of the afkers, the price fixers, or straight up toxic people.
I also think itd be nice to be able to block/ignore these people. yKnow since I highly doubt were getting the sensible, instant buyout option.

Last edited by LordAquarius on Dec 16, 2017, 11:12:15 AM
There was this in a recent manifesto post.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025870

"
The Trade Market

The version of Path of Exile published by Tencent in Mainland China uses the "Trade Market" rather than a system of exposing items via public stash tabs and forum posts for searching on web pages. This system is also in use on the Xbox One version of Path of Exile - as you can imagine, web page searches and textual trade conversations aren't well suited to the controller input of a console.

On the trade market, we're experimenting with the opposite end of the trade spectrum, where it's very easy to complete trades but more difficult to find the exact item you're looking for. You can search broadly by a specific item class or type, but have to look through a lot of search results to find the one you want to make an offer on. This system intentionally makes the search process harder and the trade process easier, for quite a different trade experience. We're not planning to bring it to the international PC version of Path of Exile.
Yes buts its totally not true, makes search harder and trade easier...

But only if the person who has this item dares to respond to your offer. At its current state its really just a joke.

I mean the theory, I can understand, but the implementation is really flawed in so many ways. I really have no clue how we can express to GGG, how important trade is for us. Except spamming the forums. Ofc, we could call out for a boycott, not to buy any supporter packs on xbox till its done, but they would probably delete the forum post anyway. But yeah me personally, I won't spend any more money on the game, till they do something about it.

But at least, movement skills have been addressed and I just hope this will make the waiting for the trade updates at least a bit more enjoyable.
"
xXSylarXx2 wrote:
Dear GGG,

Even there are items with b/o and i offer the b/o, i dont get an reaction from the seller for hours and days...

Well you have the same non replying sellers on the PC aswell. It's not just the system, it's the people who don't reply aswell.

"
domokunsan wrote:
"
xXSylarXx2 wrote:
Dear GGG,

Well you have the same non replying sellers on the PC aswell. It's not just the system, it's the people who don't reply aswell.

On PC you have now afk checks in your search, you can contact unlimited amount of buyers, so you don't have to wait for a response. On XBOX you do. On PC someone can tell you, in 5 mins, on xbox, you have to just wait and hope he might have seen it. Maybe he did, you retract ur offer after 2 mins, to bid on another item. The seller then after the map ports slowly to town just to realize the offer is not there anymore. Bad experience for seller and buyer. Its just a super stupid system. Why not make offers for example viewable from everywhere? I mean let me accept or decline something from anywhere in the world. To access the items and search, ok i have to be near a tradeboard, but not for accepting or declining an offer. Its just a bad design. A big step would be that so many times suggested autoaccept for priced items, if the offer matches. As they said they want the search to be harder on xbox, and the trade easy, so why is this not a thing yet, as its just transaction and not influencing the search.
the problem is really the people listing stuff to price fix and they never sell. buyouts need to be instant to prevent this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info