We need some clarification about the future of the trade-system

This is literally the dumbest paradigm imaginable for a trade protocol.

The point of a trade forum is to trade for PRECISELY what you need. The current system utterly defeats GGGs stated intention of keeping you immersed in the game to have you killing mobs. There is a direct correlation between MANY builds and specific gear in order to be viable.

This is so infuriating. It just reeks of laziness. "Spend double the amount of time a PC user would looking for the right item, but save...three minutes...on the back end completing the trade. That seems cool!"

No...

It's literally the most nonsensical justification I can think of, GGG. It's going to end up killing off the console base entirely at some point. And it's hampering build diversity...which is easily the best part of the damn game.
Last edited by aiglos78 on Dec 22, 2017, 4:49:51 PM
instead of proclaiming the apocalypse m8 why not instead see it from a console perspective, have you tried using xbox browser? you have? then you should know how freaking awful it is, being on pc you should know how bad edge is an to top it off we dont have no add/pop up blocker so yeah gl with 3rd party sites an if you do get lucky well guess what 80% chance your console freezes up while browsing an nigh 100% your games crashed or dc while you looked something up.
The X might be "most powerful" console made but they still managed to pile all the features with none of the benefits IE browsing that you take for granted.
In relation to trade is it so bad if someone has listed a item for sale an specified a price if the buyer meets that price it auto bought? forgive me but i see no harm here, unless you run a 3rd party site an might see less traffic.
Personally i dont mind trade much, it annoying but i can work with it, what i do want is chat and some sort of group finder both of which i cant work with since they dont exist.

Console a pain to post on aswell lol
I switched back to PC...

Playing with Gamepad on XBox is more fun then play on PC with Keyboard/Mouse...

But without an good trading-system, i cant play on xbox.

I play on PC until there is a better trading-system on xbox.

GGG will do it, they only need a bit time. PoE is such a good game, i can wait a bit - and playing on PC is good too...:-)
Last edited by xXSylarXx2 on Dec 23, 2017, 4:05:34 PM
"
xXSylarXx2 wrote:
I switched back to PC...

GGG will do it, they only need a bit time. PoE is such a good game, i can wait a bit - and playing on PC is good too...:-)

Give me an auto-purchase for buy out prices and a filter for items with a buy out price and that will solve honestly 99% of my problems. I know the search kind of sucks, but I can live with it from there "Manifesto" if they give me that. The problem I have with the offers right now is I can't make offers to multiple people because it ties up my currency and then if they all accept I am screwed because I didn't need 2 or 3 of those items and if they don't accept I am stuck trying to figure out which ones I already offered on to try to figure out the next.

Give me that and I can put up with all the other QoL improvements till later. Heck even make the person have to be online for the auto-purchase to work. We have a filter for that too so no problem.
i think basic global text chat while in social hub with trade tab sort lot of problems, cant understand why basic feature like text chat aint there
You do realize if we had a chat system and trade chat channel like on pc the economy would balance and it would be easier to buy or sell items. put in chat and fix most issues.
I really hope chat comes sooner rather than later next year.
"
metfansc wrote:
"
xXSylarXx2 wrote:
I switched back to PC...

Give me an auto-purchase for buy out prices and a filter for items with a buy out price and that will solve honestly 99% of my problems. I know the search kind of sucks, but I can live with it from there "Manifesto" if they give me that. The problem I have with the offers right now is I can't make offers to multiple people because it ties up my currency and then if they all accept I am screwed because I didn't need 2 or 3 of those items and if they don't accept I am stuck trying to figure out which ones I already offered on to try to figure out the next.

Give me that and I can put up with all the other QoL improvements till later. Heck even make the person have to be online for the auto-purchase to work. We have a filter for that too so no problem.

Yeah, regarding the manifesto, hard to search, easy to trade, right now its harder to trade. That would definitely help, and also selling for fix price, should prevent ppl from sending offers under this price.

You get sooo much spam, with a whole variety of gems in, no clue if they wanna scam you and make believe its actually worth something, or if they have no clue. I put by accident an enlighten support gem into a public tab. holy cow, i got spammed with offer < 1c. And without having it in hideout, its just waste of time to go back to town and decline them. So no wonder ppl are complaining about sellers not reacting. A block feature would be nice as well,like reject and block the user for 24h. otherwise they keep spamming you. Tbh with the extra loading times, going to town etc, I just sell everything for minimum 1c. Give us a global menu point on the top menu for accessing our trade offers, so we can accept and decline wherever we are and fix the itemview,so we actually know what they exactly bid on. That would help a lot with sellers responding. But as there is no chat or anything, if you ware in the middle of a labrun or trial in a zana mission, you just cannot respond in any way for minutes.

Also let us send a message on accept as well. Would be super nice if we could also say thank you or anything. If you are negotiating or just want to be nice, sell something a little bit under value, you cannot even add a note. The manifesto somehow assumes that all ppl are nice, and don't spam, don't price fix etc. In such a world, it might work as it is.

I really hope they will put their focus on thr trade in january, before they start working on the next league.
"
sethbine wrote:
You do realize if we had a chat system and trade chat channel like on pc the economy would balance and it would be easier to buy or sell items. put in chat and fix most issues.

Would it though? How many people would take time to type on an XBox, I know I would never bother to do that myself. I have no problem with it being there, but I can't see using it for even a minute. I am not using that on-screen keyboard to do a full trade chat that's for sure.
Last edited by metfansc on Dec 26, 2017, 3:46:35 PM
"
filix wrote:
The manifesto somehow assumes that all ppl are nice, and don't spam, don't price fix etc. In such a world, it might work as it is.

I really hope they will put their focus on thr trade in january, before they start working on the next league.

On the spamming problem, I am sure I have "spammed" people as well because once an offer is rejected there is no way on the board to know which items I have already offered something for. Like yesterday I was shopping for maps for a few uncompleted items on my atlas and made some offers, some accepted some didn't. So I still wanted to get a couple from others so tried offering to what I believe were "other" sellers of the same item the same amount. Problem is in the current trade system I have no way to know if I was offering it to a different person or the same person.

I did eventually get my maps, but some of that "spam" might be very unintentional.

On the randomness of offers I did sell a nice rare shield for some chaos, regrets, fusings and jewelers. It was probably all told less than it was worth, but seemed like they were just offering what they had and so I accepted it. but I have seen a few very odd offers that's for sure. The market is so undeveloped on the XBox I am wondering how many people on the XBox even bothered specifically joining for the new league vs. just continued playing their existing characters.
Last edited by metfansc on Dec 26, 2017, 3:53:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info