Love the game but done for now...

I love playing PoE and the complex character building system, but I also love a working trade system.

Right now PoE has the absolute WORST trade system of ANY game I have ever played. Without a decent market, I just don't have much of a reason to stay.

I have read the PoE will always stay with the current buying/selling system which is basically:

1) Put an item up with a requested price
2) Buyer offers said amount
3) Seller decides if he wants to accept the offer or not.

I have seen arguments for this system from people in the game and I have to tell ya, every argument is a fail.

There is ZERO reason to not put an auto buyout in place. You could still have a bid system, but if someone wants to do an auto buyout, it absolutely STUPID to not allow it. All you do is make it so we wait forever for someone to either accept or reject the offer, and that is if they ever do.

The example I have is I played during last season and I tried to buy 5 different items from 5 different people and in the entire week I was playing I got ZERO replies. No rejection or acceptance. Just simply ignored.

At least with an auto buyout someone could put something on the market and go afk for a month and the item could still be purchased. Right now you have people just trying to work the market and have no plans of actually selling anything at the rate they offer.

I would LOVE to here from PoE on why they simply refuse to do an auto buyout!!!! Seriously, just ANY valid reason. Every other MMO uses it that I have ever played and it makes the game so much more fun for everyone.

If you ever fix this I will be the first player back in line to buy more transactions to help you make money, but not until it is fixed. =(
Last bumped on Dec 30, 2017, 11:08:26 AM
There are plenty of posts on here from GGG members that state specifically why they don't want to do it. The reason is that they claim it would make loot too easy to acquire and if they did it then they would have to make loot drop more rarely in the game in order to compensate for it. It sucks that you've had that problem and unless you are trying to buy from offline players at the end of the season I don't honestly see you that could have happened to you all at the same time. I've never had that type of experience and I buy and sell daily. Sure sometimes I have to ping someone a few times to get an answer but I've never been ignored even once.

However, the reason that they won't do it is what I stated above and I honestly don't think they will change that. I do wish that they would though.
What i dont get is the fact that they are saying that it would make the items too easy to obtain but then they release a trade market on their own website that makes it even easier than ever before.

are they experimenting with xbox players because the player base is dropping fast they need to do something to fix player interaction. really annoyed of every other neckbeard on the trade board trying to trade items that are worth 1 alc on pc for 1 to 3 exalt on xbox.

GGG just make it to where i can transfer my mtx over to PC because i love this game but can not stand the state that this game is in on xbox its ruining this games potential.
while i understand your frustrations all i got to say is bye, you mention other "mmo" an there trade but fail to mention the majority have all there BIS gear nigh on a bind on pick up system thus you cant sell it so would you like auto buy out but a bind on pick up system on most uniques?
There are one idiot or several that are playing ah rather then the actual game.
So its impossible for everyone else to buy items.
The last season the xbox ah worked similar to pc market, then this/theese guys decided to own the ah all by themself, wich eventually could lead to them owning the servers all by them self.

I think xbox need some sort of price recomendation check, on pc you can download a price check addon, this would help alot.
Lets say you base the check function from a mid pc season, then as the xbox season goes on it auto adjust.
Shit is soul crushing just trying to gear up alone without trading and the trading board some how makes things worse.... and everything is waaaaaaaay overpriced. I mean everything. 1c items on PC version are 2 and 3 ex just because it's level 50+ gear. It's basically as shitty as the trade chat on PC.
"
chris2k30 wrote:
while i understand your frustrations all i got to say is bye, you mention other "mmo" an there trade but fail to mention the majority have all there BIS gear nigh on a bind on pick up system thus you cant sell it so would you like auto buy out but a bind on pick up system on most uniques?

I didn't mention items in other MMO's being bound to account because it doesn't matter. The gear you CAN trade can be bought out instantly on the auction hall. The gear that is BTO can't be put there and is not a valid reason to not do it here. I could care less if they make some gear non sellable because I would still be able to buy the stuff that is sellable when I want.

They are hurting the trade market by making everything bid only and ruining the game for a lot of players who enjoy using the market to get and sell gear.

As it is, I might want to sell something but if I am going to be gone a week then I become the same as the others who ignore everyone and I shouldn't have to. I should be able to post on the market and not need to look at my account in order to finalize a sale =(
Did you also have the feeling, coming from pc, going to buy some premium stash tabs, just to realize, wtf, no pricing for a whole tab, no filter? Felt for me like, omg those bastards cheated me (just an expression, no accusation). The missing filter in general I donÄt get, its just so much extra time sink. Rolling maps, sorting, etc. Everything feels so endlessly slower. I think the bad part is really if you come from pc and are used to all the QoL things, that are just available.

Feels similar to going back from 1gbit internet to 1mbit. If that would our first encounter with the game, we would probably be more forgiving and not that frustrated in these matters.

In addition, I think the problem is also with the content on the web. You find almost 0 PoE XBox related. So for new players, who think well this is a complex game, lets check a few guides first. Ah ok yeah i level till here and then I go to poe.trade and buy this stuff, all easy. And then have to realize those items which are called budget on pc, are not even on the market. So the whole build fails, or they are super expensive as they are rare and they have no clue how to progress. Its somehow the expectations are there, based on all the info ppl have about the PC version. I think most of the videos, should get some tags like xbox viable, much more interesting than hc viable, which is in general not viable on xbox.
Last edited by CuriousGrel on Dec 29, 2017, 10:51:30 PM
"
CuriousGrel wrote:
Did you also have the feeling, coming from pc, going to buy some premium stash tabs, just to realize, wtf, no pricing for a whole tab, no filter? Felt for me like, omg those bastards cheated me (just an expression, no accusation). The missing filter in general I donÄt get, its just so much extra time sink. Rolling maps, sorting, etc. Everything feels so endlessly slower. I think the bad part is really if you come from pc and are used to all the QoL things, that are just available.

Feels similar to going back from 1gbit internet to 1mbit. If that would our first encounter with the game, we would probably be more forgiving and not that frustrated in these matters.

In addition, I think the problem is also with the content on the web. You find almost 0 PoE XBox related. So for new players, who think well this is a complex game, lets check a few guides first. Ah ok yeah i level till here and then I go to poe.trade and buy this stuff, all easy. And then have to realize those items which are called budget on pc, are not even on the market. So the whole build fails, or they are super expensive as they are rare and they have no clue how to progress. Its somehow the expectations are there, based on all the info ppl have about the PC version. I think most of the videos, should get some tags like xbox viable, much more interesting than hc viable, which is in general not viable on xbox.

I know people complain about what you are talking about a lot, but for myself I could accept ALL of it if I simply had an instant buyout.
Buyout + a filter for items with buyout, it would solve most of the issues ppl have with trade, I agree.

Only point they have to consider there is, if you sell stackable items, that you cannot add to a stack where you set a price, otherwise you might end up, selling 20 items for the price of 10, because you pressed x. Just in case they will ever read this :p
Last edited by CuriousGrel on Dec 30, 2017, 1:10:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info