Minion Instability pvp scaling?

He is getting desperate to prove himself that all his investments were not in vain.
"
Ahfack wrote:
Let me guess, bear trap? From blade vortex to bear trap. Haha really scraping the bottom of the barrel now aren't we? :)
when u compare beartrap with volatile dead 2018 is rly a great year, i use gc traps bear trap is for tanks cause not blocked and i dont understand why everyone here is chatting so much instead of 1vs1 its unbalanced yeah but ur nothing if u cant beat the other guy its called PVP not pvwriting
Every Class 100
Discord Fyndel#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
Last edited by Fyndel on Jan 23, 2018, 11:47:35 PM
Fyndel, you are in absolutely no way qualified to talk about who is a "true good PVPer."

But if you do fight lapiz, don't throw a tantrum and stop playing POE for two months like you did the last time you lost to someone.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Last edited by ocd_xana on Jan 24, 2018, 5:25:52 AM
to be fair, he took it pretty well when he lost to me.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
Fyndel wrote:
i dont understand why everyone here is chatting so much instead of 1vs1 its unbalanced yeah but ur nothing if u cant beat the other guy its called PVP not pvwriting


Because you lost already and there is nothing you can do against that :D

Last edited by IceDeal on Jan 24, 2018, 2:04:56 PM
"
Fyndel wrote:
...u... ...rly... ...i... ...trap is for tanks cause not blocked... ...i dont... ...ur... ...u cant... its called PVP not pvwriting


Yes you've made it abundantly clear that you believe this to be true.
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
Forum PvP matchmaking has never been easier
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
lapiz wrote:
My MI mirror arrow could deal like 7-8k damage with the explosion. The cloud nearly instakills every life user except 80% chaos res zerphis but the ignite deals no real damage anymore.

The real problem though is that the char is fairly squishy even with bis gear and it is not exactly easy to hit people with the small aoe of MI (with a skill that has a cooldown and limited range). To actually hit people you need to use a quill rain instead of a slow +3 thicket. This is why you kind of wanted a +1 shavs earlier but now the helm provides a cheaper solution for a similar option dmg-wise.

So yeah, wouldnt recommended wasting your currency into it. It's not even fun in pve anymore.


I've made multiple MI Mirrors before (pre ignite nerfs) and really enjoy the sniper gameplay.
I built this one around a 2+minion conc/minion life helm so I could get decent damage using quilrain.
I'm still confused as to how MI is scaled in pvp though...
"
MarveI wrote:

I've made multiple MI Mirrors before (pre ignite nerfs) and really enjoy the sniper gameplay.
I built this one around a 2+minion conc/minion life helm so I could get decent damage using quilrain.
I'm still confused as to how MI is scaled in pvp though...


I also found it to be fun to play.. Most 1v1 maps are too small for this type of hit & run char though. And there isn't enough cover in sarn for it to be really good there. I mostly tried to max movement speed (smoke mine ms helm enchant and 50% ms boots etc) which doesn't naturally come to necro really.

I feel like MI damage itself is scaled "properly", it deals a certain amount of fire damage and it takes into account the T-value of the skill, which in this case is the attack time of the blink/mirror arrow. When used through traps the T-value should get overridden like in any other case. The chaos cloud is fucked as we all know. The ignites are fucked to the other direction as of late as we all know.

Anyhow, this is why the quill rain version should also deal a lot less damage per hit, because the attack time of mirror arrow is super fast (I think this is the case, haven't really done any extensive testing but it certainly feels to be the case). Unless you used traps or mines for some reason, which isn't exactly ideal if you want to hit someone.
Last edited by lapiz on Jan 28, 2018, 8:52:37 AM
"
lapiz wrote:
"
MarveI wrote:

I've made multiple MI Mirrors before (pre ignite nerfs) and really enjoy the sniper gameplay.
I built this one around a 2+minion conc/minion life helm so I could get decent damage using quilrain.
I'm still confused as to how MI is scaled in pvp though...


I also found it to be fun to play.. Most 1v1 maps are too small for this type of hit & run char though. And there isn't enough cover in sarn for it to be really good there. I mostly tried to max movement speed (smoke mine ms helm enchant and 50% ms boots etc) which doesn't naturally come to necro really.

I feel like MI damage itself is scaled "properly", it deals a certain amount of fire damage and it takes into account the T-value of the skill, which in this case is the attack time of the blink/mirror arrow. When used through traps the T-value should get overridden like in any other case. The chaos cloud is fucked as we all know. The ignites are fucked to the other direction as of late as we all know.

Anyhow, this is why the quill rain version should also deal a lot less damage per hit, because the attack time of mirror arrow is super fast (I think this is the case, haven't really done any extensive testing but it certainly feels to be the case). Unless you used traps or mines for some reason, which isn't exactly ideal if you want to hit someone.


With my testing the attack speed of the bow doesn't have any effect on the MI fire damage.
I had Mirror in a helm and got exactly the same damage vs a friend in 1v1 with Quil Rain (3aps) and a white Bone Bow (1.25aps).

Does anyone know if anyone has done extensive testing with MI?
Because from what I've gathered it seems to have diminishing returns:
The x-y damage on my MI SRS is 29,859 per hit. This kills my friends Guardian(13kes) in 4 explosions (4 srs).
The x-y damage on my Mirror Arrow MI is 465,088 and it takes him to 40% health.

Not sure what's happening...
Last edited by MarveI on Jan 29, 2018, 5:40:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info