[3.12] Hybrid's Molten Strike Jugg - Hold right click to TANK anything |MELT the Atlas|Divine Flesh|

"
Dourken wrote:
Spoiler
"
Nebuloch isnt really a good option for this build.
in terms of dps grelwood is much stronger and also has alot more attack speed to smooth the gameplay with movement skills.
in terms of defense- Nebuloch isnt worth using unless you are magnifying its effects by using two maces AND stacking endurance charges, like 9-10.
with one mace and 4-5 end. charges its just isnt enough to justify using.
armor is a noob trap, you might think it helps you survive big hits because it adds alot of physical reduction, but the tooltip lies, the bigger the hit, the less effect armor has.

its in the wiki btw, shaper's slam is like 15k raw phyz dmg. thats why you want flat reductions like endurance charges and nodes like Soul of Steel.
if you want to get more defense, use the shield.


you have 6k life, thats not enough IMO, no matter how much dps you have with molten strike.
with more "snappy" skills like frost blades or bow skills its ok to get more dps over defense because you can kill monsters before they have a chance to hit you.
but molten strike has inherent delay which means you are always open to get hit by monsters, so its better to be able to tank those hits.



Yes DPS is better with Grelwood, but my build is an hybrid between tankyness and DPS. Not trying to be the best DPS here.

Not sure what you're talking about, but I've the 90% phys damage which is the maximum.
And I'm running with 7 endurance charges this without any endurance coming from my stuff. I could get 10 if needed but I don't feel I need any more than that.

I did Sirus Awakening 7 this morning with no problem at all just melted him and face tanked a lot of stuff as usual. Still could balance to get to 7k HP and loose some DPS. But once again, like it is now it's ok. Tuning is never really finished, so you still can get higher stats and better stuff.

And the amount of armor you have scales with molten shell, the more armor you have the bigger the shield will be when you crac the vaal MS.



that right there is where you are wrong, exactly what i mean by "trap".
you only have 90% mitigation against very small hits, 20k armor has very little effect vs big hits, just look at the graphs.

molten shell is nice, but i think that at this point immortal call is better.
Spoiler
"
hybridboy wrote:
"
Dourken wrote:
Spoiler
"
Nebuloch isnt really a good option for this build.
in terms of dps grelwood is much stronger and also has alot more attack speed to smooth the gameplay with movement skills.
in terms of defense- Nebuloch isnt worth using unless you are magnifying its effects by using two maces AND stacking endurance charges, like 9-10.
with one mace and 4-5 end. charges its just isnt enough to justify using.
armor is a noob trap, you might think it helps you survive big hits because it adds alot of physical reduction, but the tooltip lies, the bigger the hit, the less effect armor has.

its in the wiki btw, shaper's slam is like 15k raw phyz dmg. thats why you want flat reductions like endurance charges and nodes like Soul of Steel.
if you want to get more defense, use the shield.


you have 6k life, thats not enough IMO, no matter how much dps you have with molten strike.
with more "snappy" skills like frost blades or bow skills its ok to get more dps over defense because you can kill monsters before they have a chance to hit you.
but molten strike has inherent delay which means you are always open to get hit by monsters, so its better to be able to tank those hits.



Yes DPS is better with Grelwood, but my build is an hybrid between tankyness and DPS. Not trying to be the best DPS here.

Not sure what you're talking about, but I've the 90% phys damage which is the maximum.
And I'm running with 7 endurance charges this without any endurance coming from my stuff. I could get 10 if needed but I don't feel I need any more than that.

I did Sirus Awakening 7 this morning with no problem at all just melted him and face tanked a lot of stuff as usual. Still could balance to get to 7k HP and loose some DPS. But once again, like it is now it's ok. Tuning is never really finished, so you still can get higher stats and better stuff.

And the amount of armor you have scales with molten shell, the more armor you have the bigger the shield will be when you crac the vaal MS.



that right there is where you are wrong, exactly what i mean by "trap".
you only have 90% mitigation against very small hits, 20k armor has very little effect vs big hits, just look at the graphs.

molten shell is nice, but i think that at this point immortal call is better.

That's questionable. What's better for surviveability: longer immortal call, or molten shell + all our endurance charges?
Because we lose all of them when using IC.
Last edited by Oneronrus on Apr 12, 2020, 12:56:32 PM
"
Oneronrus wrote:
molten shell is nice, but i think that at this point immortal call is better.
That's questionable. What's better for surviveability: longer immortal call, or molten shell + all our endurance charges?
Because we lose all of them when using IC.


Endurance charges are not that good, because the armor mitigates only small hits, you can still get oneshot pretty easily, unless you have around 8k life pool. And yes, you lose them with IC, but you get them like instantly back, because of the ascendancy.

My go to is CWDT-Immortal Call-Lightning Golem-Vaal Molten Shell (which I cast manually). Vaal Molten Shell is huge, because it can absorb around 12k incoming damage, which is a lot.
Last edited by WilliamCZE on Apr 12, 2020, 1:33:53 PM
"
Oneronrus wrote:

That's questionable. What's better for surviveability: longer immortal call, or molten shell + all our endurance charges?
Because we lose all of them when using IC.


you "lose" the endurance charges, but look at the gem info, you gain so much mitigation.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Immortal_Call
Last edited by hybridboy on Apr 12, 2020, 3:34:08 PM
"
WilliamCZE wrote:


your dmg are awesome compare to mine lol. How do you manage chaos resistance with your gear ?

here is my video of Sirus A8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6CPGZ6Pjv4

Last edited by Lancelx on Apr 12, 2020, 7:36:14 PM
"
Lancelx wrote:
"
WilliamCZE wrote:


your dmg are awesome compare to mine lol. How do you manage chaos resistance with your gear ?

here is my video of Sirus A8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6CPGZ6Pjv4



My gear is a lot better than yours, it's probably doing double, maybe even triple damage of yours, but you are doing more then good, whilst having a lot of space for upgrading.

Chaos resistance is not an issue, it doesn't hit for that much and you can outleech it.

You can get some easy extra damage on a belt and I would suggest you to use Tombfists.

In comparison to you I have extra damage on these pieces, the Opal is actually HUGE, the other ring is a pile of crap and the helmet has 30% more:

Last edited by WilliamCZE on Apr 12, 2020, 10:59:31 PM
What are some options if you want to min max the build more in the direction of tankiness instead of damage? I want to be way tankier, but I would like to leave the damage (mostly) the same, if at all possible.

I haven't played the build a lot so far, so what do you guys think about:

- Taking Unrelenting for chaos res, phys mitigation and EHP against ele damage, instead of Unstoppable.
- (together with above) taking more endurance charges nodes on the tree and skipping some life nodes instead.
- Using Saffell's Frame instead of Lioneye's Remorse. No attack blocking but a ton of EHP against elemental attacks.
- Can we max resistances with 1 kaom's ways? The life regen would be nuts, extra endurance charges would be cool, but we lose a bit of max life, have to get curse + lgoh ring with other stuff (expensive).

Can you think of other stuff?
Also soul of arakaali is outdated, isn't it? Immortal call doesn't make you immune to phys damage anymore.
"
heishe wrote:
What are some options if you want to min max the build more in the direction of tankiness instead of damage? I want to be way tankier, but I would like to leave the damage (mostly) the same, if at all possible.

I haven't played the build a lot so far, so what do you guys think about:

- Taking Unrelenting for chaos res, phys mitigation and EHP against ele damage, instead of Unstoppable.
- (together with above) taking more endurance charges nodes on the tree and skipping some life nodes instead.
- Using Saffell's Frame instead of Lioneye's Remorse. No attack blocking but a ton of EHP against elemental attacks.
- Can we max resistances with 1 kaom's ways? The life regen would be nuts, extra endurance charges would be cool, but we lose a bit of max life, have to get curse + lgoh ring with other stuff (expensive).

Can you think of other stuff?


I have tried playing with 5.5k life with maxed out endurance charges and with Unrelenting, that is way LESS tanky than having 8k+ hp.

Unstoppable is a mandatory on a Juggernaut, it's one of the best ascendancies in the game.

If you want to use a shield, use The Surrender and take some shield block nodes.

Maxing out resistances is not hard, you can stay at a bit lower resistances, because you get a lot from endurance charges, if you survive the first hit before having them.
Last edited by WilliamCZE on Apr 13, 2020, 5:27:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info