Shared Mines and Sulphite Rebalance

"
LMTR14 wrote:
and for the record, the biggest problem I've had progressing in this game was that I tried to build my own chars. now I copy builds from the forum which I should always have done because the char building options in this games are nothing but pitfalls and lies. current char is very fast at clearing maps so I might reach level 92 for the first time this time if nothing else. what I said is still completely true though.

Nop, what you said is that some people know how to build proper characters and that you have tried, failed, and given up.

And you were blaming the game for it, where others are successful.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

ShakinGaijin : thread 2612666, Dyadus burning earthquake!RIP :(
[outdated]SweetBreaker : thread 823111 (facebreaker IB witch).
[outdated]Sunder guardian : thread 1831267 [BHC]ripped
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 18, 2018, 10:12:50 AM
predict : Delve not going CORE
5:09:16 pm, September 18th 2018
https://www.twitch.tv/archsagehc
HC....ever btw
"
Fruz wrote:
Different opinion, I enjoyed delving during the story quite a lot, and I enjoyed being more comfortable with Azurite later on, the Azurite balance early on is a bit rough, but that's a good thing imho.



The crazy thing is I enjoyed delve more prior to the azurite upgrades being merged. As then it made more sense to do delves more occasionally while doing the story. Its after they merged the azurite upgrades that I looked at delve in a different light, as that is when began looking at it more from a time efficiency standpoint. That and was finally starting to get the friends I was trying to play with beyond act 2 (kinda interesting how much time a newer person spends on a number of things vs a more experienced one)

I just think the early balance of azurite availability, increasing penalties, and normal chacacter progression is slightly off. The shared azurite just masks this. Which will result in delve being tricky for more casual players.

By casual, I'm referring to those less likely to be trading/farming specifically for good leveling gear, less likely to be using a good build, not focused on maintaining good resistances, might not see the value of having a skill just for movement, and a few other common things among newer players.

Though thanks to this conversation, I really have to wonder what GGG actually uses for its balancing assumptions for different points of the game? As I know there have been more than a few points in the game that have felt a bit off balance wise to me when go through them with fresh chars when new leagues start. Kitava in act 5 is a great example of one of these points.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
LMTR14 wrote:
and for the record, the biggest problem I've had progressing in this game was that I tried to build my own chars. now I copy builds from the forum which I should always have done because the char building options in this games are nothing but pitfalls and lies. current char is very fast at clearing maps so I might reach level 92 for the first time this time if nothing else. what I said is still completely true though.

Nop, what you said is that some people know how to build proper characters and that you have tried, failed, and given up.

And you were blaming the game for it, where others are successful.


yes, this game is literally the only one I know where you are hampered to progress to the end by factors that have nothing to do with your skill at actually playing the game. unless you count trading card games where you have to spend money to buy packs and make your deck before you play. in fact, if ggg billed this game as a game consisting of 50% making your deck (i.e. planning your build) and 50% of actual matchups (or sitting down in front of your mouse and keyboard and playing poe), I would have no complaints! but it is billed as an action role playing game, and with the approach of playing it like one you will NEVER EVER reach the end bosses. and that I can very well call a flaw in the design of the game, and even more so since this is a single player game (all multiplayer interaction is purely optional)!

others are successful because they use builds from the forum or painstakingly spend ages to learn all the available rules to this game and make their own (just picking a random skill will not get you anywhere). now I'm finally also using a forum build and am doing pretty well actually (just didn't have too much time to play).
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
LMTR14 wrote:
others are successful because they use builds from the forum or painstakingly spend ages to learn all the available rules to this game and make their own (just picking a random skill will not get you anywhere). now I'm finally also using a forum build and am doing pretty well actually (just didn't have too much time to play).

And those builds have all been given by god.


SSF streamers make up their own build, and they are successful.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.

ShakinGaijin : thread 2612666, Dyadus burning earthquake!RIP :(
[outdated]SweetBreaker : thread 823111 (facebreaker IB witch).
[outdated]Sunder guardian : thread 1831267 [BHC]ripped
"
LMTR14 wrote:
no it's not. the more nodes revealed, the longer the mine map takes to load. it's already significant in my game and I barely delved at all


Ahhh.

To me that's a separate issue. But a large and valid one. GGG is never going to spend any significant time optimizing this game because that costs them money, twice.

The cost per paid hour doing the revision, and the cost of providing the service for gamers that can't afford cutting edge PCs. They want rich players with tons of disposable income. Their "priorities" will reflect that.
GGG makes it so the game feels like a job instead of a hobby so that it can profit from all the social training everyone gets to work harder and self-exploit. - I could use some like minded people in my guild. - I don't see reply notifications.
"
Innomen wrote:
"
LMTR14 wrote:
no it's not. the more nodes revealed, the longer the mine map takes to load. it's already significant in my game and I barely delved at all


Ahhh.

To me that's a separate issue. But a large and valid one. GGG is never going to spend any significant time optimizing this game because that costs them money, twice.

The cost per paid hour doing the revision, and the cost of providing the service for gamers that can't afford cutting edge PCs. They want rich players with tons of disposable income. Their "priorities" will reflect that.


next patch should improve that issue they say. btw you made some good points in this thread. I agree that nearly all decisions ggg makes have to be considered from an economical standpoint foremost
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
We expect to make these changes by the middle of next week.


Seen as that's come and gone, when are we likely to expect this?
these are much-needed changes...
"
LMTR14 wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
"
LMTR14 wrote:
and for the record, the biggest problem I've had progressing in this game was that I tried to build my own chars. now I copy builds from the forum which I should always have done because the char building options in this games are nothing but pitfalls and lies. current char is very fast at clearing maps so I might reach level 92 for the first time this time if nothing else. what I said is still completely true though.

Nop, what you said is that some people know how to build proper characters and that you have tried, failed, and given up.

And you were blaming the game for it, where others are successful.


yes, this game is literally the only one I know where you are hampered to progress to the end by factors that have nothing to do with your skill at actually playing the game. unless you count trading card games where you have to spend money to buy packs and make your deck before you play. in fact, if ggg billed this game as a game consisting of 50% making your deck (i.e. planning your build) and 50% of actual matchups (or sitting down in front of your mouse and keyboard and playing poe), I would have no complaints! but it is billed as an action role playing game, and with the approach of playing it like one you will NEVER EVER reach the end bosses. and that I can very well call a flaw in the design of the game, and even more so since this is a single player game (all multiplayer interaction is purely optional)!

others are successful because they use builds from the forum or painstakingly spend ages to learn all the available rules to this game and make their own (just picking a random skill will not get you anywhere). now I'm finally also using a forum build and am doing pretty well actually (just didn't have too much time to play).


A lot of this is completely untrue. There is a steep learning curve however if you are just starting. Builds are NEVER completely the same unless you mirror every item etc. Builds that are listed are GUIDES not a MUST in any circumstance. As for being hampered, I am not sure what you are getting at here but, you do realize that you are playing an arpg, correct? You earn your way, shit just isn't supposed to fall in your lap. As for a TCG game, I don't think you really understand the 1. history behind poe and 2. the purpose of an arpg. If the game didn't challenge you then why the hell would anyone play it? End game bosses are possible. Just because you haven't reached it doesn't mean that it isn't. Have you done the actual research? Path of exile list just about every single algorithm that they use to do everything with. Maybe try and take a week and do some reading? You are complaining about a free to play game, not only free to play but without the pay to win aspect, a game that is updated more frequently than most others, and devs who pay more attention to the community than most and you are gonna complain about mechanics? Advantage vs. disadvantage? I have one solid question. How on earth does anyone make a successful build for ANYONE TO COPY if it were impossible? Just enjoy, ask questions on how to improve things. Sure, it can be frustrating, but rome wasn't built in a day!
Wow, that 'sulphite rebalance'! You simply multiplied all values by 6 to make sure that Quarry gets left far behind the curve and cannot be used as an alternative to running maps with high quant anymore. It's not a rebalance, it's a simple Quarry nerf.

I expected that running red maps with high quant would let me do more delving. But it's exactly the same, just 6x all numbers.

I'm very disappointed in this decision, and it will affect my happiness with the game. Then again, I guess you don't need my money anymore, Tencent got you covered.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info