PS4 servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

[3.12] Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build | All Content | In-depth

"
AngryBurito wrote:
Im thinking about having gmp-coh-ensnaringarrow-vourln in a 4 link and then frenzy in a single link, for topping up charges on boss, would be smoother i think? any thoughts?

Also in the "endgame" pob, do we have onslaught and if so, from what source?


U can have vuln on hit on ring and can replace vuln in 4 link for culling strike for example. Freenzy on bosses seems nice but not necessary and I find this build to be socket starving without it, but if u like ucan find some place for it

Maybe if ull have vuln on hit ring u can make 4l ensnearing arrow + gmp+ freenzy + culling strike
Last edited by Socaro on Dec 25, 2019, 2:20:25 PM
"
Verscas wrote:
"
Entey wrote:
A question on the skills in the build. We are choosing some predominantly melee focused skills like Destroyer and Master of the arena from the looks of things. U assume it's for the utility those skills provide? Or am I seeing the wrong PoB?


They're taken for the global bleed modifiers.

"
KGF wrote:


ensnaring arrow? where is that even in the build? Malthiel dont use it either in his.. i just got very confused now.

can someone please show its full 100% gem setup with correct links / post picture of all items..


That's because this isn't Mathil's build. This is a stronger, tankier version.

The gem setup in the first post works well.


Is it really better than Mathils? I plugged in the pob and the dps seems less. I'm currently lvl 90 playing mathils but tempted to switch since I have a lions eye, but not sure what you mean by stronger.
Allright, i think it's time i started finally updating the guide to my own standards. I'll be doing small parts every day. I'll be starting with crafting guide.

I also think i'll be playing SSFSC with the build until i hit the wall and migrate to trade league. Not in near future. Somewhere in january i bet after i kill awakener in SSFHC and hit lvl 100... or die for the second time.

"
Entey wrote:
Spoiler
That works for Destroyer yes. I still dont see the point in going Master of the Arena. Its life regen and strength which gives us bit of survivability. On the other hand, we have 212 dex requirement as per PoB. Skipping Master of the Arena but grabbing the two 10 dex nodes to the right of Art of the Gladiator gives is 213 dex in total, fulfilling the dex requirement. Why not this route? Is it the 2 points vs 1 or am i missing something else?

No sane person would intentionally take 10 dexterity for 1 point, when you can have up to 60 dexterity with a single mod on gear. It's a complete waste.

1% life regen for 1 point is a great deal. Extra 10 life coming from strength also nothing to ignore. Most importantly - this is a travel node, very efficient on top of it.

"
AngryBurito wrote:
Spoiler
Im thinking about having gmp-coh-ensnaringarrow-vourln in a 4 link and then frenzy in a single link, for topping up charges on boss, would be smoother i think? any thoughts?

Also in the "endgame" pob, do we have onslaught and if so, from what source?

I did think about it and it's very likely i'll do it. Keeping both debuffs that increase damage in one place and leaving frenzy alone to upkeep charges during boss fights seems like a better plan.

"
Socaro wrote:
Spoiler
U can have vuln on hit on ring and can replace vuln in 4 link for culling strike for example. Freenzy on bosses seems nice but not necessary and I find this build to be socket starving without it, but if u like ucan find some place for it

Maybe if ull have vuln on hit ring u can make 4l ensnearing arrow + gmp+ freenzy + culling strike

End game build takes care of link starvation. 4-link frenzy setup is gone, because both parts are automated. Unfortunately it's expensive, but what else can you do?.

Vulnerability on hit rings is something that opens up one more reliable path of automating that setup.

"
inflamez5 wrote:
Is it really better than Mathils? I plugged in the pob and the dps seems less. I'm currently lvl 90 playing mathils but tempted to switch since I have a lions eye, but not sure what you mean by stronger.

TL;DR My end game passive tree has the same power level as Mathil's with minor differences. However his tree doesn't require Lioneye's Fall jewel and is in fact better for my end game build (which is superior to everything, but also expensive). I'll change the passive tree to his with some adjustments. Most likely anyway.


Mathil often uses expensive items in his builds. I noticed his puncture gladiator idea before the league launched (starter build video), and to my horror i saw 60% more bleed damage custom mod. Seeing this triggered me so badly i instantly closed PoB without really analyzing it. It's basically feeding PoB (which is already horrible at calculating bleed) with more incorrect information... and hundreds of his followers would follow the example.

I've now compared his final version with mine (pasted passive tree on his PoB), and results are nearly the same. My end game version has similar damage with higher life, since i have extra jewel slots + few extra nodes to pick up. However i do see his tree being superior in the long run.

The primary reason to travel to marauder area was the Resolute Technique and Ironwood cluster for totems the build no longer uses. I gave up shadow area because of insufficient points to make it worth going there. However without Resolute Technique (i mention possibility of removing it in end game build), it's actually worth going there.

Guess i'm to be blamed for sticking to old solutions and working on very tight schedule. Reworking whole guide compared to simply creating PoB takes much more time and puts more pressure on you (gotta make decisions FAST). Racing for whole next week didn't help the situation.

That being said, the end game version of the build is currently superior to anything and i have no doubts about it. It cannot be beaten in damage and smoothness, but it might be improved with Mathil's guidance. I'll almost certainly incorporate the tree since it's as good without extra Lioneye's Fall. However i'll definitely make few changes to better suit my style and end game build.
/view-thread/2077932 - [HC] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth
/view-thread/2247655 - Crimson Bow Gladiator, RoA + Puncture | Pure Bleed Build
Last edited by DankawSL on Dec 25, 2019, 11:21:25 PM
Anyvideos or can you tell me how good is it against endgame bosses.?
I'm pretty bad at poe mechanics so excuse me if this is a dumb question. When you say we want a bow with high attack speed, are you talking about attacks per second that are in the weapon tooltip? And if that's the case, why is it recommended over a slow hitting weapon? Wouldn't a slow weapon apply stronger bleeds?

The reason I'm asking is because I found a bow that I want to buy but it has very high base attack speed and I'm worried it would be a mistake to use it.
Last edited by Meso7 on Dec 26, 2019, 6:56:10 AM
"
Meso7 wrote:
I'm pretty bad at poe mechanics so excuse me if this is a dumb question. When you say we want a bow with high attack speed, are you talking about attacks per second that are in the weapon tooltip? And if that's the case, why is it recommended over a slow hitting weapon? Wouldn't a slow weapon apply stronger bleeds?

The reason I'm asking is because I found a bow that I want to buy but it has very high base attack speed and I'm worried it would be a mistake to use it.


Feel free to correct me, but im pretty sure the APS is just a must for map-clear (faster shots, more bleeds, more damage)
ign: LevioState
"
Meso7 wrote:
I'm pretty bad at poe mechanics so excuse me if this is a dumb question. When you say we want a bow with high attack speed, are you talking about attacks per second that are in the weapon tooltip? And if that's the case, why is it recommended over a slow hitting weapon? Wouldn't a slow weapon apply stronger bleeds?

The reason I'm asking is because I found a bow that I want to buy but it has very high base attack speed and I'm worried it would be a mistake to use it.


Doing a different bleed bow build but I crafted a decimation bow with bleed stuff. I have 3 frenzy charges and onslaught up most of the time and puncture is still very slow to fire. Since I am crit based, this means that if I have to fire multiple punctures to get a crit and the 60% chance for bleed damage, it means I am sitting still for a long time in a fight. Which can be pretty deadly when positioning is king.
"
stategamer wrote:

Feel free to correct me, but im pretty sure the APS is just a must for map-clear (faster shots, more bleeds, more damage)


I still clear fine with onslaught and split arrow with a slow bow. Its the puncture that is super super slow atm. So that makes it pretty dangerous.



I made a few change to your build, but so far i'm playing with that

http://poeurl.com/cGyD also changed some stuff on the tree

idk if its better or not but it's my take on the build, its very fun

I'm trying to get a better bow but alrdy spent 7 ex on getting decent mods

i'll prolly need to change some stuff to get more dmg but ay we'll see
I am trying a version of this. I really like the dirty techniques and surrounding nodes. They seemed to have a made a marked difference for my damage in higher tier maps. I am not a big fan of acrobatics. I have NOT made the adoption of Iron Reflexes yet as I am (and have always been) a bit confused about the effectiveness of armor mitigation given the DR of it.

My current evasion (with grace) is 8732 (before any flasks). I am not sure if that is even enough to make switching to IR "worth it". Current HP is around 6.5K




"
EchecTorturé wrote:



I made a few change to your build, but so far i'm playing with that

http://poeurl.com/cGyD also changed some stuff on the tree

idk if its better or not but it's my take on the build, its very fun

I'm trying to get a better bow but alrdy spent 7 ex on getting decent mods

i'll prolly need to change some stuff to get more dmg but ay we'll see



Last edited by Kevinranders on Dec 26, 2019, 5:45:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info