General Gem Discussion

"
Rory wrote:

Added a new skill - Summon Skeletons: Summons a group of slow moving skeletal minions. They last 20 seconds before expiring and do not require a corpse when casting.


Did anyone tested "Minion Speed" on skeletons? I am thinking of creating fast and annoying army of skeletons
SnooPING AS usual, i see?!
Last edited by Rathamon on Apr 4, 2012, 3:36:31 PM
I just wanna get the key to try the ranger with that new skills
not bad
"
Rathamon wrote:
"
Rory wrote:

Added a new skill - Summon Skeletons: Summons a group of slow moving skeletal minions. They last 20 seconds before expiring and do not require a corpse when casting.


Did anyone tested "Minion Speed" on skeletons? I am thinking of creating fast and annoying army of skeletons


From what i heard by friends this is pretty awesome :-P
Follow me on

Path of Exile
why is Hatred a Dex spell and Wrath an Int spell? Dex only seems to use Chaos and lightning damage and there are more Cold spells for Int than any other element. I think these two spells should be switched so everyone can buff the element their class uses most. OR switch Wrath or Hatred with Anger so everyone is equally screwed.
Fire(DoT) is the domain of strength(raw damage), cold(slow/freeze) of dexterity(quickness), and lightning(damage multiplier) of intelligence(critical hits).

"
Rory wrote:
We've got some new Skill and Support gems for 0.9.7!

  • Added a new skill - Lightning Arrow: Fires a charged arrow at the target, causing them to be struck by a bolt of lightning which damages nearby enemies.
  • Added a new skill - Summon Skeletons: Summons a group of slow moving skeletal minions. They last 20 seconds before expiring and do not require a corpse when casting.
  • Added a new skill - Burning Arrow: Fires an arrow that deals fire damage to its target and has an increased chance of setting it on fire.
  • Added nine player aura skills: Anger (Fire Damage), Hatred (Cold Damage), Wrath (Lightning Damage), Discipline (Energy Shield), Grace (Evasion), Determination (Armour), Purity (Elemental Resistances), Haste (Attack Speed and Cast Speed) and Vitality (Life Regeneration).



Lighning arrow: I love it. Works well. My ranger
prefers it over the 3 arrow multi arrow (strafe?) which
IMO is annoying in comparison.

Same for the Burning Arrow. Very nice bonus and perhaps
just the right amount of splash though it would be great
if that effect could be modded via a mod gem perhaps to enlarge that burning radius. Again, prefer use over
the multi arrow by far.

Summon Skeltons: Tried them with my witch who
also summons zombies (up to 3 now). Found skeletons
too annoying to bother with. Far too slow to keep up
to be worth bothering to summon. Skill needs a rework.
While on the subject. zombies are great but they need
to be more distinguishable from other mobs in the game.

Wrath and Hatred Auras: Only ones I've experienced with.

Noted that Wrath and Hatred on two separate players WILL stack, according to char sheet melee DPS report, which is nice.
Noted that Wrath and Wrath do not stack.

Noted the radius of the two mentioned auras is
perhaps a few feet too small. Would consider making the
aura radius somewhat larger.
Tested on level 22ish witch and 18 ranger (arrow lobber).




CliffH raved: maybe if half the mods Werent neckbearded, introverted middle aged men covered in a layer of cheeto dust, they would review the reports before smacking their over protruding forehead on the mute button. FUNNY!
Skeletons have a lot of utility, but not as an army to take with you everywhere... they don't last long enough for that. I use em as a shield when I'm being attacked and my zombies are busy elsewhere, or cast them behind and to the sides of a large group of monsters. Their big advantage over the other summons is that they are positionable.

Lightning Arrow is my Ranger's primary skill, very effective (especially with another elemental damage support!) and love its chance to arc.

As for the comment about Auras having too small a radius, there are passives for that :) Definitely worth investing in for a partier or summoner.

And, on the curse graphic: PoE has a LOT of skills, with a LOT of effects. Keep in mind that an enemy may have other effects on it besides the curse. I think it's a good idea to keep all the curses in the same place so the player knows where to look for it. To me the issue is not insufficiently distinct effects; it's that there is so much going on in battle that it's hard to see anything. I'd appreciate having a series of buff/debuff icons by the enemy healthbar you see when you target em.
Last edited by Srkandi on Apr 8, 2012, 9:10:33 PM
"
Syntinen wrote:
Fire(DoT) is the domain of strength(raw damage), cold(slow/freeze) of dexterity(quickness), and lightning(damage multiplier) of intelligence(critical hits).


But your second and third points are wrong, Dex is the one that focuses on crit hits and and lightning damage, as of now they have 0 skills that use cold and therefore can not benefit from the aura. Int does use all three elements but has the most cold damage spells, and therefore Int would benefit the most from the cold damage aura.
"
Merc4food wrote:
"
Syntinen wrote:
Fire(DoT) is the domain of strength(raw damage), cold(slow/freeze) of dexterity(quickness), and lightning(damage multiplier) of intelligence(critical hits).


But your second and third points are wrong, Dex is the one that focuses on crit hits and and lightning damage, as of now they have 0 skills that use cold and therefore can not benefit from the aura. Int does use all three elements but has the most cold damage spells, and therefore Int would benefit the most from the cold damage aura.
He's right. Fire is aligned with Str, cold with Dex, and lightning with Int.
Critical hits are also primarily associated with Int.

This is why Molten Shell is Str and Tempest Shield is Int, among other things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info