[3.12] Berserker Cyclone RT Axe Impale Full Physical - Cheap, SSF friendly

So I got 30% inc Punishment Curse effect on my devoto, would that be worth replacing Vulnerability with?
"
mr_moff wrote:
... [see above]
No, Punishment is probably the worst curse in the game until you have a playstyle where you're constantly melee hit.
Aw rats, didn't notice the melee specifier. What a shame, thought I had something good here. Really like the build though. Would you recommend I 6L an Atziri Disfavor or Belly first?
"
mr_moff wrote:
Aw rats, didn't notice the melee specifier. What a shame, thought I had something good here. Really like the build though. Would you recommend I 6L an Atziri Disfavor or Belly first?
It's really up to you. Either you want more damages first or more survivability. Though we often say the best defense is attack :p.
Been playing with this build for a while, have modified it a little included endurance charge mechanics, so on top of everything I have 5 endurance charges which help me quite a lot in dire situations.
The main exchange for this is fortify nodes and some impale nodes, I still have 80% impale chance which is quite OK since I get like ~8~11 constant attacks per second.

Here is my passive tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAHnBS0HdQ48EuETTBPJFCAUTRRxFukX4RiRGj4aVSFVIZAj6iQ3JvgnICkuLPsttC5TMHcxnjWSNug6UjrhOxQ8LT38QKBDMUZpRrdM_03jTipOMlBHUWNTu1hjWf5fP1_QYSFhUmRSZadnm2hlcql07Xaseu982X-yggeDX4PMhO-GYIcph2qKIozPkGyRzp-JouqmV6dtqSetja4-rlC3PrvtvJ-_1cCmwaPEFcRYxPbGrsbYxxnPftAs02_Yvdl82sHcPd6z4NjiYeRR6hDqGO8O8azyQfPd9kj3Mvhf-Ov8S_1y_gr-a_6P_80=?accountName=430714&characterName=Grazuolis


And here are my items, the character is Grazuolis berserk lvl 89:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/430714/characters


I also managed to came across a cool helmet with Aspect of the crab skill which is pretty OP, that is equal to another 5 endurance charges.
Now the main changes:
Currently Iam trying out Perseverence belt instead of Soul tether, the main reason is more health ~7% and the fact that it gives 18% to gain fortify + I have onslaught when I have fortify. This right here gives my additional socket for a damage support or culling support, or anything else, like bleed.

Currently I have ~4.5k health only, because of the Ice tomb instead of belly, plus I need to change socket colors to include blue socket for infused channeling that should increase my DPS by quite a bit. I believe with belly I should reach ~4.8k health or so. Now I dont have any idea on how should I increase my health further since it seems that my gear have some nice health options on them and i still cant reach ~5k health. The only option I can think of at the moment would be Kaoms, but I need to have 6link weapon first.
And another little issue of course is running speed, Devotos Devotion has really nice speed bonus which I would like to compensate somehow, but without a quicksilver flask is probably not possible... Although I get some nice speed bonus with 5 endurance charges and fortify/onslaught.


Since I have aspect of the crab, maybe I should get rid of endurance charges and get back to fortify/impale increase, or invest those points further towards the health?

I am not sure if having 5 endurance charges is better than the fortify nodes and all the increases that they give?

Another though is about bleed mechanic instead of impale. Maybe you have some data on that.

"
430714 wrote:
... [see above]
Your life issue, in addition to the fact you've ~150% max life from tree instead of ~190%, is mostly due to the fact you don't have much flat life on items. That's a common problem when using many uniques.

I'd indeed drop the endurance charges nodes vs the fortify/impale ones. You can still keep Enduring Cry to generate some, you'll just have 3 instead of 6, still nice. The bonus offered at the bottom of the skilltree are too low imo to justify taking them.

Impale is insane. It can relatively easily double our DPS output on a single target (or any tanky targets) which is when we need that the most.
You'll not do much with bleed until you invest into it a lot, to the point it'll be a bleed build. It's possible to take some point or else to have a bit of bleed chance to get a little bonus, but it'll be nothing more than a little bonus. Impale on the other hand with our 108% Impale effect (and at 100% chance) is similar to a whopping 104% more damage after the 5 first hits.
By default what Impale does, summarized is each hit stores 10% of the hit damage and release it for the 5 next hits. So you've a 5 hits build-up but we attack so much it takes us half a second. So that's technically by default a 50% more damage with a 100% chance. Now the impale effect applies on that 10% damage stored, which becomes 10% * (1 + 108/100) = 10% * 2.08 = 20.8% / hit for 5 hits = 104%.
Last edited by Harest on Dec 23, 2019, 9:38:43 PM
"
Harest wrote:
Your life issue, in addition to the fact you've ~150% max life from tree instead of ~190%, is mostly due to the fact you don't have much flat life on items. That's a common problem when using many uniques.

I'd indeed drop the endurance charges nodes vs the fortify/impale ones. You can still keep Enduring Cry to generate some, you'll just have 3 instead of 6, still nice. The bonus offered at the bottom of the skilltree are too low imo to justify taking them.

Impale is insane. It can relatively easily double our DPS output on a single target (or any tanky targets) which is when we need that the most.
You'll not do much with bleed until you invest into it a lot, to the point it'll be a bleed build. It's possible to take some point or else to have a bit of bleed chance to get a little bonus, but it'll be nothing more than a little bonus. Impale on the other hand with our 108% Impale effect (and at 100% chance) is similar to a whopping 104% more damage after the 5 first hits.
By default what Impale does, summarized is each hit stores 10% of the hit damage and release it for the 5 next hits. So you've a 5 hits build-up but we attack so much it takes us half a second. So that's technically by default a 50% more damage with a 100% chance. Now the impale effect applies on that 10% damage stored, which becomes 10% * (1 + 108/100) = 10% * 2.08 = 20.8% / hit for 5 hits = 104%.


Thank you for the reply, will look in to it :)
I'd really love to see someone post a Cyclone video that doesn't use the ZOMG_OP 3.7 Cyclone speed and aoe.. but every video I've found so far has not been updated...

I'd hate to level this build and figure out it's no where near what was advertised.
"
LUXEdeJUNK wrote:
... [see above]
Well Cyclone is still one of the most enjoyable skills in the game, but yes you can expect less AoE, clearly. And you'd probably want an Atziri's Disfavour which is really cheap atm if you're not playing in SSF. You could even try to vaal it for a +2 range implicit.

And checking Youtube a bit, i saw several 3.9 cyclone videos, so not sure why you didn't see any?
Last edited by Harest on Jan 8, 2020, 5:25:20 PM
"
LUXEdeJUNK wrote:
I'd really love to see someone post a Cyclone video that doesn't use the ZOMG_OP 3.7 Cyclone speed and aoe.. but every video I've found so far has not been updated...

I'd hate to level this build and figure out it's no where near what was advertised.


i've used this guide to do my 3.9 metamorph cyclone impale build and i can burn through T16 maps with no issues at all. can even burn through most metamorphs at that level as well with little issue unless i'm careless. Sirius, who i've yet to beat most due to BS storms among other things, and the conqueror's can get a bit dicey if i'm not careful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info