[3.12] A CI HoP + Spiders Guardian - 70K armour, 1400 ES on block, millions of DPS || My 1st lvl 100

Hi all,

I don't have much time these days, so I'm not going to be able to answer everyone individually. Here are a few pointers that should answer most of the questions I read.

* Please read the guide and the FAQ carefully. Everything is explained there.

* I'm not a PoB warrior. I want my builds to be enjoyable in practice. If you want to remove cast when stunned and remove the skill duration anoint, go ahead, it won't change your PoB numbers. But be ready to cast your warcry every 8 seconds, your golem every 10, your offering every 14, your spiders every 30, and so forth. This build uses a lot of different mechanics, and making them enjoyable in actual gameplay is much more important than PoB numbers.

* Yes, there are alternative ways to reduce the mana reservations, other than catalysts. Anointment, uncompromising, enlighten, etc. But this is the 6th league in a row I'm making this my main build and optimising the hell out of it, so I'm fairly confident when I say that catalysts is the best option. Enlighten is a gem, which we use a lot of; anointment is far too precious to waste on something we can get on our rings, and cluster jewels are way too strong to waste on a node whose only useful stat is something we can also get on our rings. If you want to convince yourself of that, feel free to load my PoB and check the numerical values that Stalwart Commander gives us, as well as any other node in the tree - they're all massive.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying you should stop experimenting with the build, or looking for ways to improve it! :) I'm always open to new ideas, and have integrating a lot of them to the guide! It's just that when it comes to the specific question of mana reservation reduction, I've spent a looong time considering all the options, and I believe the one I went for is the most optimised one.

* Having a lot of ES is not important. I've had around 7k from level 89 to level 98, and didn't die except when I was trying the limits of the build (like standing in the Sirus storm Harold style... Didn't work :p). And I ran very hard stuff - A8 Sirus carries, uber atziri, heart of the grove, vaal temple, and even a T19 juiced 100% delirious map (where I did die once to a huge Kosis + Omniphobia + red beasts combo). I did, however, notice a huge difference in going from 85% to 90% physical damage reduction - this might not seem like much, but it means you only take two thirds of the physical damage you used to take (you go from 15% damage taken to 10%). And that's a lot more important than more ES, at least in my opinion.


Also, I got my first level 100 with this build :) I haven't said so in the guide yet, but I though you guys might like to know it's definitely 100 viable.
BIG grats on level 100 VATINAS, you definitely deserved it. Well done.
This build is too good for it's price. I had like 3 exalts starting budget and it was enough for t16 maps with character level 75 or so lol.
Yesterday I've killed Sirus 8 deathless with 0% quality level 19 gems. It wasn't even hard.
Yea, this build tbh lack some damage compared to modern 100 millions sDPS builds but it doesn't matter because of main advantage of this build...Its survivability.
Dude, its just a unstoppable tank character. You basically can't die. Its so satisfying to play and so easy to gain levels because u never lose any experience. You can tank basically everything and its for really low price.
Thank you for this build, its prolly the most relaxing and satisfying build I've ever played in poe!
"
Demortian wrote:
"
radiohead85 wrote:
So i used the fertile catalyst on both circle of guilt rings, one is 24% and on is 22%, both 20% (full) enchanted with fertile cat. But with all 3 auras in effect (HoP, Determination, Discipline) I have exactly 0 mana to use. I cant cast cyclone which costs 3 mana. My skill tree looks exactly like yours also, with all the mana nodes checked. What did I do wrong?? PLease help lol, what am I missing why do i have 0 mana. Discipline needs 34% mana, HoP needs 18%, and Determination needs 48. Why dont i have the left over mana for my skills?


Recheck ur support gems for HoP or at last open ur profile so we can tell you for sure whats wrong.. ;)


Bro can you kook at my character and tell me what's wrong
"
radiohead85 wrote:
"
Demortian wrote:


Recheck ur support gems for HoP or at last open ur profile so we can tell you for sure whats wrong.. ;)


Bro can you kook at my character and tell me what's wrong


You didnt picked up 4% mana reserved node around CI location?
For those that may be interested check my char Daryl_Harvest.
The equipped chest gives me 900 armour over a skin of the loyal.
It also gets me from 87% phys damage reduction to 90% phys damage reduction.
However the downside is i loose 1200 ES.
Worth the tradeoff or not?
I have no idea.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
For those that may be interested check my char Daryl_Harvest.
The equipped chest gives me 900 armour over a skin of the loyal.
It also gets me from 87% phys damage reduction to 90% phys damage reduction.
However the downside is i loose 1200 ES.
Worth the tradeoff or not?
I have no idea.


You will have 90% pdr with skin of the loyal(lord) if u finish this build. So no, its not worth.
Last edited by Demortian on Aug 4, 2020, 4:48:53 AM
"
Demortian wrote:
"
EDMOSES wrote:
For those that may be interested check my char Daryl_Harvest.
The equipped chest gives me 900 armour over a skin of the loyal.
It also gets me from 87% phys damage reduction to 90% phys damage reduction.
However the downside is i loose 1200 ES.
Worth the tradeoff or not?
I have no idea.


You will have 90% pdr with skin of the loyal(lord) if u finish this build. So no, its not worth.


In a previous post Demortian you mentioned you have 90% PDR with 55k armour.
I have 57600 armour and am still at 88% with a Skin of the loyal.
With the rare equipped i have 58400 for 90% PDR.
So forgive me with being confused.
At 96 i consider this build finished
Last edited by EDMOSES on Aug 4, 2020, 6:09:50 PM
"
EDMOSES wrote:
"
Demortian wrote:
"
EDMOSES wrote:
For those that may be interested check my char Daryl_Harvest.
The equipped chest gives me 900 armour over a skin of the loyal.
It also gets me from 87% phys damage reduction to 90% phys damage reduction.
However the downside is i loose 1200 ES.
Worth the tradeoff or not?
I have no idea.


You will have 90% pdr with skin of the loyal(lord) if u finish this build. So no, its not worth.


In a previous post Demortian you mentioned you have 90% PDR with 55k armour.
I have 57600 armour and am still at 88% with a Skin of the loyal.
With the rare equipped i have 58400 for 90% PDR.
So forgive me with being confused.
At 96 i consider this build finished


Edit: Requires an 8% PDR Watcher;s eye i think to achieve 90% with skin of the loyal.
No wonder my 6% PDR corrupted watcher's was so cheap.
"
Surlyrich wrote:
Lvl 90 and just killed Sirus for the first time ever. Solid build bro.


Same. First time ever I killed Sirus, is with this build.

Only build to play in my opinion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info