PS4 servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

[3.11] Bowcaster Fireball Deadeye - Now for staves!

I can't tell if this is on purpose or it's a mistake but the reason you are getting 1.7mil dps on PoB is because you have stats on your Diamond flask that's giving you like over 700k dps. If you were to use just a normal Diamond flask you are at Like 1.2mil dps and a lot less life and cold res.
It's just simulating his timeless jewel, which pob doesn't calculate.
"
HeManNZ wrote:
It's just simulating his timeless jewel, which pob doesn't calculate.


Oh you're 100% right I completely missed that part of the post, I'm sorry for the post.
"
genericsine wrote:
"
HeManNZ wrote:
It's just simulating his timeless jewel, which pob doesn't calculate.


Oh you're 100% right I completely missed that part of the post, I'm sorry for the post.


I've made some additional improvement to my build and am now at 2.7 million shaper dps (with GMP). Will update the main post with my full PoB. I've also moved the timeless jewel mods off the flask and onto my watcher's eye so it doesn't get influenced by any flask effect modifiers.
Last edited by MagnusParvus on Jul 11, 2019, 9:01:19 PM
loving the clearspeed/mapping of the build but jesus christ i just get fucked in t15/16 maps. literally one-tapped in monoliths sometimes and can't seem to boss if i get hit once (instantly out of mana/ES). im at 5.8k life 2.2k ES but man i get dropped.
"
rogueone wrote:
loving the clearspeed/mapping of the build but jesus christ i just get fucked in t15/16 maps. literally one-tapped in monoliths sometimes and can't seem to boss if i get hit once (instantly out of mana/ES). im at 5.8k life 2.2k ES but man i get dropped.


You need to adjust your life/ES balance. At 5.8k life you need to have at least 2.5k ES so you don't get depleted. I would try to rebalance your setup trading a little bit of life for more ES. It's important that you are able to cast without interruption.

If you feel you have enough damage, you can try to take a few more defensive options in your gear and passive tree like max res, physical damage taken as elemental. Dodge is nice if you get it for free on boots, but I don't value it highly because it mostly helps against damage from multiple hits. If you take a big hit dodge is all or nothing so you can still get one shot. That's why I don't bother routing to acrobatics on the tree but it may be something to consider.

For monoliths, I clear them by doing a sort of Z-shape from one end through the middle out to the other end that way I am outside the pack when it unlocks. I then do a circle shape around the perimeter in toward the center shooting in front of me to kill the monsters after they have unlocked. I haven't had any issues dying to monoliths even at t16 except if I play on a laggy instance. If it can't keep up with my attacks and movement then I can get rubberbanded and die that way.
Last edited by MagnusParvus on Jul 12, 2019, 8:29:14 PM
"
rogueone wrote:
loving the clearspeed/mapping of the build but jesus christ i just get fucked in t15/16 maps. literally one-tapped in monoliths sometimes and can't seem to boss if i get hit once (instantly out of mana/ES). im at 5.8k life 2.2k ES but man i get dropped.


You can try using Siphoning Trap if additional regen is what you are looking for, good for packs and bosses too.

Rearguard is a good defensive Quiver that might also get you a useful corruption.

For boots you can try Avoid to be stunned enchant or use Cinderswallow Urn flask with stun avoidance unveil. Mobs lately are notorious with their stuns.

Enfeeble on hit is a very strong curse setup that imo have surpassed Temp Chains in effectiveness lately. Pair any of these with Storm Brand to make it semi-automatic. (You do not utilize your curse or CWDT setup right now).

Also might be worth having a defensive flask instead of Dying Sun with shock immunity.

Lastly, you need to either get more levels for ES Leech node (Heart of Flame) or get it elsewhere. I'd look into having Energy Leech support instead of Ele Focus and Blood Rage to make sure it's drained most of the time.

Hope it helps.
[Delve] Depth 1997 Solo/Volatile Dead
[Betrayal] Depth 1353 Solo/Dark Pact
[Legion] Depth 1003 Solo/Ice Spear
[Blight] Depth 1137 Solo/Dark Pact
[Metamorph] Depth 1005 Solo/Vortex
Thanks for the recommendations guys. You can't see it now since I'm full MF while farming some glaciers on the character but I swapped in an arctic armor and also got up to 5.7k life + 2.55k ES. Also grabbed heart of flame for the leech. Probably going to also put in a CWDT + enfeeble to get another layer of survivability. I'm still met with the problem where if I get hit once by a t16+ boss I'm completely out of ES and unable to cast anything for a period of time. At the same time as this my ES just straight up wont regen either after I take a massive hit so I'm stuck running in circles until it decides to start to regen. Still, mapping is fun as hell and the extra layer of defense I put in really helped.
Last edited by rogueone on Jul 13, 2019, 7:19:01 PM
"
rogueone wrote:
Thanks for the recommendations guys. You can't see it now since I'm full MF while farming some glaciers on the character but I swapped in an arctic armor and also got up to 5.7k life + 2.55k ES. Also grabbed heart of flame for the leech. Probably going to also put in a CWDT + enfeeble to get another layer of survivability. I'm still met with the problem where if I get hit once by a t16+ boss I'm completely out of ES and unable to cast anything for a period of time. At the same time as this my ES just straight up wont regen either after I take a massive hit so I'm stuck running in circles until it decides to start to regen. Still, mapping is fun as hell and the extra layer of defense I put in really helped.


Vaal Clarity is a good backup button too. Don't use the actual Clarity, but it'll let you cast when out of mana/ES.
loving the build so far at lvl 75. what is controlled destruction for though?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info