[3.11] Bowcaster Fireball Deadeye - Now for staves!

My tree looks that way because I have an Elegant Hubris socketed to the right of shadow area. I had to disable the nodes to get PoB to work. I don't actually route through those int nodes. With or without a timeless jewel you path all the way through the crit section of shadow and through the circular region. I really wish PoB had better support for timeless jewels. I've added a second PoB to the guide that shows the tree without any timeless jewel, and just duplicated my existing rare jewel for that slot.

Nothing further along on the templar side is worth taking for the cost of the passive points. I tried them early on as an experiment but ultimately speced out of it.

Good point about putting the legion mods on another item, I hadn't considered that it will get scaled by flask effectiveness in the calculations.

"
Dextos wrote:
Don't know if you already have a endgame tree ready. But i took a look at your current tree and found some stuff i would do.

https://pastebin.com/5k5ys47w

Changed the routing above "Assasination" by changing the 2 int nodes into "Coldhearted Calculation" and the crit node leading up to it.

Added "Divine Judgement", "Spiritual Aid" and the jewel socket on the Templar side. (also added "Lord of the Dead" because of "Spiritual Aid")

Feels weird not to take them when you are that close.

"Divine Judgement" might be debatable since you already have a lot of pen from the fire pen support.
I dropped "Sanctity" and "Arcane Focus" for these Points.

But "Spiritual Aid" is pretty much always worth and also allows for more Jewel mods to be considered.

You could also use a "Dying Sun" instead of the onslaught flask.
That way you could either have even more projectiles or change GMP to LMP for even more damage (at the loss of one projectile).

To still have onslaught i would just use a onlaught on kill abyssal jewel.

Cool build idea, think i have to give it a spin.

Edit: you might want to put your legion jewel mods to another piece of gear or a jewel or something. Because when you have it on a flask, like you do, the added mods scale with flask effectiveness in PoB.
e.g. you get more life when you tick a flask effect node.
Last edited by MagnusParvus on Jul 4, 2019, 10:18:13 PM
"
Surfinn wrote:
So far I'm using
and a mana flask, up to level 53 and using fireball, just did 2nd lab, so far so good. I know the OP states the mana cost is too high to level with but it's going pretty well so far, hopefully I don't hit any brick walls soon. Once I hit the right level I'll try the helm and MoM, see how it goes.

Any suggestions for a good bow to look out for during leveling? I'm using a +2 projectile tabula and it seems to be enough damage.. for now.


Thanks for the contribution to how you are leveling. I admit I am not the best at leveling strats, which is why I just went with attack until switching over later. Please let us all know how the rest of your leveling goes and I can update the guide to help others.
"
MagnusParvus wrote:
"
Surfinn wrote:
So far I'm using
and a mana flask, up to level 53 and using fireball, just did 2nd lab, so far so good. I know the OP states the mana cost is too high to level with but it's going pretty well so far, hopefully I don't hit any brick walls soon. Once I hit the right level I'll try the helm and MoM, see how it goes.

Any suggestions for a good bow to look out for during leveling? I'm using a +2 projectile tabula and it seems to be enough damage.. for now.


Thanks for the contribution to how you are leveling. I admit I am not the best at leveling strats, which is why I just went with attack until switching over later. Please let us all know how the rest of your leveling goes and I can update the guide to help others.

Will do. When you make the switch to Eldritch Battery with the helm, can you play without a Discipline shield on hit Watcher's eye? Or is this essential for the build? Thanks
Last edited by Surfinn on Jul 4, 2019, 10:01:12 PM
Not sure if anyone asked this yet, but since there's a farmable card for a 6L imperial bow (ele damage implicit) wouldn't that be a better base for this than the other bow? Or is there some reason we need the lower ilvl for crafting?
"
Surfinn wrote:
"
MagnusParvus wrote:
"
Surfinn wrote:
So far I'm using
and a mana flask, up to level 53 and using fireball, just did 2nd lab, so far so good. I know the OP states the mana cost is too high to level with but it's going pretty well so far, hopefully I don't hit any brick walls soon. Once I hit the right level I'll try the helm and MoM, see how it goes.

Any suggestions for a good bow to look out for during leveling? I'm using a +2 projectile tabula and it seems to be enough damage.. for now.


Thanks for the contribution to how you are leveling. I admit I am not the best at leveling strats, which is why I just went with attack until switching over later. Please let us all know how the rest of your leveling goes and I can update the guide to help others.

Will do. When you make the switch to Eldritch Battery with the helm, can you play without a Discipline shield on hit Watcher's eye? Or is this essential for the build? Thanks


Yes, you can play without the Watcher's Eye. I just picked it up when I saw it listed for sale and the price was right.
Any input on what to do about weapons? Before shelling out 10 ex for the bow I was wondering if there’s any budget options for testing
Also for bow crafting you should be able to fossil till you hit the mod, annul to 1 mod then craft 'Cannot Roll Attack Mods' & use a Farric Wolf for add prefix/remove suffix to exalt +1, then multmod from there.

Same idea you would use making a Visicous Proj bow
Maybe I'm missing something here but why are there so many stats on your Diamond flask (from PoB)?

Immunity to Freeze and Chill during Flask effect
Removes Freeze and Chill on use
35% increased Duration
80% increased Critical Strike Chance
+50% Cold Resistance
10% increased Maximum Life
80% increased Spell Damage
15% increased Cast Speed
80% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells

EDIT: Looks like it's for a legion jewel, Elegant Hubris? Do you mind explaining this a little better?
Last edited by Surfinn on Jul 5, 2019, 3:23:50 AM
"
Surfinn wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something here but why are there so many stats on your Diamond flask (from PoB)?

Immunity to Freeze and Chill during Flask effect
Removes Freeze and Chill on use
35% increased Duration
80% increased Critical Strike Chance
+50% Cold Resistance
10% increased Maximum Life
80% increased Spell Damage
15% increased Cast Speed
80% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells

EDIT: Looks like it's for a legion jewel, Elegant Hubris? Do you mind explaining this a little better?

Wow, what ID of that Elegant Hubris? super great for CoC build.
"
nnlinhitec wrote:

Wow, what ID of that Elegant Hubris? super great for CoC build.


Its not even showing in pob.





OP, pls explain :C

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info