[3.11] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Haven't played in a few league but came back to harvest because you are actually allowed to gear yourself. Always loved playing whispering ice in the past. Is the build still decent without all these harvest crafts? I'm seeing super nutty gear being posted here that will not be even remotely possible next league. Was hoping to use this as an early league build next league. Build looks super expensive at first glance.

I think I can manage crafting the chest and gloves without too much issue but the rings and necklaces I'm seeing are my main concerns lol. Hopefully next league mechanic is decent.
Last edited by Syche22 on Aug 13, 2020, 10:05:00 AM
"
Mayn4rd wrote:
Hello, I started this league late, but I’ve quickly complete my atlas with this character. I’m at a certain point where I can easily do any t16 map, included ele-reflect, shaper and the elder, but Sirus last phase literally melt me. I think I have to improve via cluster jewels, but reading the build description I see 8 split personality, that now are limited to 2. Someone can help me to improve my dmg/int or buffs via cluster jewels?

Thank you, and sorry for my bad English.

Sirus last phase requires good prediction of his telegraphed skills & wise flask usage, OR a LOT of ES to just facetank the hits.

Icestorm damage is scaled most efficiently via Intelligence. Other sources, in order of magnitude:
% MORE - Example: Hatred, Support gems such as Concentrated Effect
INCREASED DAMAGE TAKEN - Example: Inquisitor ascendancy, Aspect of the Spider or Skitterbots shock or Bonechill chill effect, or Unnerved
PENETRATION of resistance - Example: Heart of Ice from the passive tree, Pure Talent Templar bonus
LOWERED BASE RESISTANCE - Example: Frostbite, Elemental Weakness, Cold Exposure
% INCREASED - Example: Tranquility, Cyclopean Coil % dmg per lowest attr, Crusader/Shaper % dmg per Int or any % inc dmg from gear or passives
+ BASE damage - Example: Herald of Ice, Abyss Jewels elemental dmg added, base dmg affix from rings (only 45% of any added values are applied - due to Icestorm skill effectiveness)

I think that's all types. Of course there are more sources of each type as well as additional mechanics such as Culling Strike or corpse explosions but they are not actually added Icestorm damage, but secondary effects/skills.

"
ZiiimZooon wrote:
"
ezyanfarihin wrote:
Can i ask why we dont use something else instead of elemental focus? Isn't freeze/chill nice to have?
We apply chill through Chilled Ground from Icestorm :) The shards itself cannot chill / freeze, but we will still get Chilled Ground on impact!

Exactly. More importantly, we can also apply chill from Vortex, Skitterbots or Cold Snap, where we utilize Bonechill support gem for increased cold damage taken from chill effect. Elemental Focus is one of the top gems to gain %MORE multiplier to our average shard damage. Now, freeze is not that effective with Icestorm as it deals relatively low damage per hit. Strangely enough though, I very often hear my enemies shatter. I don't know why, but perhaps my lvl 7 Cold Snap or lvl 10 Frost Bomb deal enough damage or crit so often that they apply freeze... or Frostbite ignores the Elemental Focus restriction. Nevertheless, it sounds good though.

"
Syche22 wrote:
Haven't played in a few league but came back to harvest because you are actually allowed to gear yourself. Always loved playing whispering ice in the past. Is the build still decent without all these harvest crafts? I'm seeing super nutty gear being posted here that will not be even remotely possible next league. Was hoping to use this as an early league build next league. Build looks super expensive at first glance.

I think I can manage crafting the chest and gloves without too much issue but the rings and necklaces I'm seeing are my main concerns lol. Hopefully next league mechanic is decent.

Read my response to a similar question just the other day https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/post-reply/2628295#p23441461
I've leaguestarted with this build in Delirium and in Harvest. In Delirium I even leaguestarted as SSF WI and got to lvl 94 and started completing wave 20 simulacrums.
"
Syche22 wrote:

Check my gear... no hard craft at all

There are no expensive itens on my gear / jewels

Here is my sirius 8 kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQCirE-e8QI

Next league this setup will probably work too!

Just a reminder: This setup work only if you have at last 4 medium clusters to increase the effect of the purity skills!
Hey! I've been playing the base version with inexpensive items, but I'm thinking about upgrading and possibly respeccing to another. So far I've seen three ways: rares with a lot of flat/percentage int, Hatred and Cluster Jewels; whiterockx's unique items version; and a-lot-of-jewels builds on poe.ninja. What are their pros and cons, and which ones are not super-expensive if I want to craft most items myself? I see the uniques version does not have a lot of crafting required, but I also saw the well-rolled EotG is costly.

Here's my current gear:

Spoiler

Jewels are just Pure Talent and dex/str conversion jewels.

I have another WI with 2 green sockets and elemental damage craft, but... forgot about it.

Thanks!
My hideouts: 2257515 2325653

Forum moderation is pathetic.
"
Iangyratu wrote:
Hey! I've been playing the base version with inexpensive items, but I'm thinking about upgrading and possibly respeccing to another. So far I've seen three ways: rares with a lot of flat/percentage int, Hatred and Cluster Jewels; whiterockx's unique items version; and a-lot-of-jewels builds on poe.ninja. What are their pros and cons, and which ones are not super-expensive if I want to craft most items myself? I see the uniques version does not have a lot of crafting required, but I also saw the well-rolled EotG is costly.

Here's my current gear:

Spoiler

I have another WI with 2 green sockets and elemental damage craft, but... forgot about it.

Thanks!

I think that standard build with Block nodes can be cheaper and easy to make. The unic itens setup is cheap too, but you need the clusters, and on hatred variant you have 2 choices expend alot on craft and gg gear or be squish die alot and ragequit xD
What flasks should i use with this build?
"
Iangyratu wrote:

Here's my current gear:

Spoiler

Thanks!

If you want more out of the passive tree you want to use a variant with 2 split personalities. Almost everyone uses the path where you go via resistances nodes > dexterity nodes > back through strength nodes and end with 3-4 cold large clusters with some varition of medium clusters/megalomaniacs/rare jewels. This can be both cheap and very expensive depending on how well rolled jewels you want, Int+ES splits but it is fairly straightforward.

I haven't played the block variant. I think its limited in terms of damage output and high end stats because of passives put into this.

If you want something more you need to spend time analyzing and comparing for your character with your current gear.
From my experience you should be able to change to the Split Personality build once you hit level 92 (if I remember correctly, but optimal at level 95), when you have a single good Large Cluster and the 2 Int / ES Split Personalities.
Trying to practice this a bit for next league start and I've tried a couple of different ways to level it with no leveling gear and its been pretty painful. I've tried the mine approach, freeze pulse, and even FP with storm burst totem(which has been the best so far) but the damage is always nonexistent on bosses even with 3-4 links. Am I doing something wrong? Following the leveling path for the classic leveling version which I know is pretty rough on relevant pre WI points but early league tons of regrets prolly won't be an option.

I also just noticed the tree and jewels are no longer relevant(split personality nerf). Is there a new tree somewhere or is everyone using the same paths just replacing splits with brute force and fertile mind? When do you actually do the respec now? I followed the classic build and it cuts off the skill tree at lvl 69.
Last edited by Syche22 on Aug 15, 2020, 7:02:44 PM
"
ZiiimZooon wrote:
From my experience you should be able to change to the Split Personality build once you hit level 92 (if I remember correctly, but optimal at level 95), when you have a single good Large Cluster and the 2 Int / ES Split Personalities.

You can do it at 87 if you want to w/ only an 8 passive 2 jewel and nothing else matters cluster. Assuming you have good/great gear for your level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info