[3.12] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Hemzokuken wrote:
Level 75 and mapping is a breeze....haven't had any issues so far.

Farmed 3 astramentis cards in about an hour and rolled 88/90 with a max roll implicit. The cards are only 2-3c each so not really that expensive.

Got some stamped boots for 20c too.

Thought all these items league start were meant to be expensive lmao

Having a lot of fun.

I just fully understood how the chest works....so will be using an incandescent unique chest with minimum 5L (I'll leave enculling strike off for now) and upgrade to an influence chest when I have a better supply of alts

I'm using sand and stone + discipline + hatred

How is everyone else going?

This.

I have been following the original CwC version and I am totally destroying campaign. I am really trying to understand why people say it's now bad. I am not even close to being fully optimized (Missing many gems, no curse, not a lot of intelligence, and so on).

Good luck guys!!
"
YourFather wrote:
After not liking the new Firestorm I've decided to switch to WI Inquisitor and stumbled upon this. All is good so far, but I have one big issue - CWDT+BL+Hextouch+Enfeeble does NOT apply the curse (hex* now). Levels are proper, I have blind as the 5th support and removing it does nothing.
I am really puzzled here. Anybody else encountered the same issue?
Not sure why that wouldn't be applying enfeeble. It's working fine on Standard.

Level 1 CWDT + level 4 BL (you should switch to lvl 7 wave of conviction, by the way... herald of ice or any decent "adds # to # cold dmg to spells" on gear will make WoC proc -25 cold resist debuff), then enfeeble can't be higher level than hextouch (must be same or below).... should work.

Also, make level 7 blade blast your 5th support, IMO. Unnerve = +10% more damage multiplier. Or, of course, level 3 Immortal Call works if you'd rather have more damage mitigation.
Last edited by SkylerOG on Sep 21, 2020, 10:00:42 AM
"
Schwebbes wrote:
Hey guys,

I just tested in standard with my old WI char a shaper run. To be honest the damage felt really good. Afterwards i did a chaula rund and even the clear on the Ilevel 80 map was good. Is anybody playing the buld atm?

i am working on it atm in the league but got 1k int atm

it feels good i did tier 9 maps with a friend and i melt most of the things but rares/boses i feel like its weak but i might work on trying weapon swap for archmage for bosses
"
YourFather wrote:
After not liking the new Firestorm I've decided to switch to WI Inquisitor and stumbled upon this. All is good so far, but I have one big issue - CWDT+BL+Hextouch+Enfeeble does NOT apply the curse (hex* now). Levels are proper, I have blind as the 5th support and removing it does nothing.
I am really puzzled here. Anybody else encountered the same issue?
I'm sure you had some gem that was too high. My "hextouch" setup works fine.

"
ligong2 wrote:
Really hate the new sound effect. Am i playing POE or train simulator?
Agree. I think of an old steam train or a watermill... Its like white noise if you spin around constantly. The old sound was more soothing for the ears with all those razorsharp impacts. :)

If anyone's interested I've started a global chat channel for Whispering Ice players: 153 (for ice :-)
LiNGeN, I'd be interested in your comments re the use of Wave of Conviction, Blade Blast, and no Immortal Call in your skill loadout.
Hey guys,

Made it to 2k int....made a Vaal regalia with % int and 400es. I miss harvest lol!

Have 7k es now and am slowly working on better gear.

Eyeing off the int split personalities....might even try for an int only one as es/int ones are 5ex ATM lol

What is another way to get easy es?

When should you swap a 12% attributes belt for a cyclopian belt and what % min would you want on it for it to be an upgrade?

Single target is a little low on A4 conqs...but hopefully more es will fix that and some clusters with damage.
"
LiNGeN wrote:
Okay so after spending the last 12 hours confused and slightly unhappy about how bad the new storm limit feels I've now tested Archmage selfcasting. It is the best so far. I got my first conqueror spawn and it went better than I thought it would with my messy gear and passive tree: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y7du117AKM

Eep! I think you are going wrong way big time. There is no need to switch to the clunky self-casting. The clear speed and the kill itself are so slow in your video.

I haven't spent much time playing yet, and my gear is still very basic (just Astramentis, 6S staff and The Stampede) but I absolutely destroyed that first Conqueror in a very similar situation. He was dead right as he spawned his lightning tiles. And the map was clear speed was what the regular Cyclone + The Stampede (or Quicksilver) provides - just spin through, and everything dies. I use Inc AoE for clearing and CE for bosses.

Say No to self-casting. CwC is still fine. The only problem with the 5-storm limit is the endgame bossing.

I found a new nice thing too: Frost Shield. It's awesome! The description makes it sound like it provides a small-ish shield that depletes, but in reality the shield seems to last full 10 sec. It's great for tanking bosses with Arctic Armour and Tukohama.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 21, 2020, 7:04:14 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
LiNGeN wrote:
Okay so after spending the last 12 hours confused and slightly unhappy about how bad the new storm limit feels I've now tested Archmage selfcasting. It is the best so far. I got my first conqueror spawn and it went better than I thought it would with my messy gear and passive tree: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y7du117AKM

Eep! I think you are going wrong way big time. There is no need to switch to the clunky self-casting. The clear speed and the kill itself are so slow in your video.

I haven't spent much time playing yet, and my gear is still very basic (just Astramentis, 6S staff and The Stampede) but I absolutely destroyed that first Conqueror in a very similar situation. He was dead right as he spawned his lightning tiles. And the map was clear speed was what the regular Cyclone + The Stampede (or Quicksilver) provies - just spin through, and everything dies. I use Inc AoE for clearing and CE for bosses.

Say No to self-casting. CwC is still fine. The only problem with the 5-storm limit is the endgame bossing.

I found a new nice thing too: Frost Shield. It's awesome! The description makes it sound like it provides a small-ish shield that depletes, but in reality the shield seems to last full 10 sec. It's great for tanking bosses with Arctic Armour and Tukohama.

I just got an arctic armor mana reserve is 30% reduced lab enchant on my ilvl 77 hubris circlet with 50 int ;)

Where would you slot arctic armour?
Last edited by Hemzokuken on Sep 21, 2020, 7:04:09 PM
"
Hemzokuken wrote:
I just got an arctic armor mana reserve is 30% reduced lab enchant on my ilvl 77 hubris circlet with 50 int ;)

AA is a part of the classic build. Put it in any free socket, as long as it's not linked to any supports that increase mana reservation.

I'm following the classic version, plus Frost Shield. My play time is a bit limited, but I got to lv 80 without any issues whatsoever and destroyed everything in my way. I don't have a 5L chest for 2 curses yet, so not even using Frostbite. And I haven't done Uber Lab yet either.

Heists are so much fun! With this build I basically do them 'backwards' - run to the final room, only killing guards at the locked doors, then (once the prize is ready to be taken) move backwards and open chests until the alert bar is almost full. Then go grab the prize and cyclone/frostblink back to the entrance.

There are still quite a few bugs with Heists, but the build works really well with this league mechanic.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Hemzokuken wrote:

AA is a part of the classic build. Put it in any free socket, as long as it's not linked to any supports that increase mana reservation.

I'm following the classic version, plus Frost Shield. My play time is a bit limited, but I got to lv 80 without any issues whatsoever and destroyed everything in my way. I don't have a 5L chest for 2 curses yet, so not even using Frostbite. And I haven't done Uber Lab yet either.

Heists are so much fun! With this build I basically do them 'backwards' - run to the final room, only killing guards at the locked doors, then (once the prize is ready to be taken) move backwards and open chests until the alert bar is almost full. Then go grab the prize and cyclone/frostblink back to the entrance.

There are still quite a few bugs with Heists, but the build works really well with this league mechanic.

So 2 X unset rings one with arctic armour and one with Frost shield??

Which auras should I be running keep in mind I took sovereignty and am currently running flesh and stone + discipline + hatred.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info