[3.11] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

Tried the skill for the first time, indeed is quite fun and works well. I had the amu from another build so i kept here as well.

"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
"
fluker5769 wrote:

Update, have now reached 2M Bleed DPS as per PoB. Will be using this for next league too for sure lol.

Cleared Delerium 20/Elder/Shaper/Sirus A8 no probs. Will try Uber Elder next and hit 36 achievement before im done with this league.

Thanks again Pale for sharing the build!

https://pastebin.com/CXe3RN5R


Wow, I've been trying to follow this as well, but didn't think to go so quite all in on bleed! I'm only doing like ~700k according to PoB (though I'm using maim, which setting in the config gets me to 800k.

Was looking at using more cluster jewels, though then I'll need to find dex somewhere else since I rely on the far right nodes for it

I've some exalts to spend, but not sure how best to do so. For instance, the watcher's eye I've looked at cost like 25E and still lowered my total (incl Bleed) DPS.

https://pastebin.com/6k2NbeZk

I've manged to kill Sirus at A8 and clear Delirium 20 (though I die more often than not in the final round) but am struggling with Shaper and haven't even tried Elder.

"
settonull99 wrote:

Wow, I've been trying to follow this as well, but didn't think to go so quite all in on bleed! I'm only doing like ~700k according to PoB (though I'm using maim, which setting in the config gets me to 800k.

Was looking at using more cluster jewels, though then I'll need to find dex somewhere else since I rely on the far right nodes for it

I've some exalts to spend, but not sure how best to do so. For instance, the watcher's eye I've looked at cost like 25E and still lowered my total (incl Bleed) DPS.

https://pastebin.com/6k2NbeZk

I've manged to kill Sirus at A8 and clear Delirium 20 (though I die more often than not in the final round) but am struggling with Shaper and haven't even tried Elder.


What watchers eye you trying to get is that expensive ?

Maybe swap for Malevolence then, as the DoT Multi one is currently ~5ex.

Just looked over the build.

You can swap the shield craft if you need dex. If you go for a full cluster look for +dexterity / all attributes rolls on the small cluster jewel. Annointing +30 dex is also fine until you get some rares with rolls.

In your case i would not level /even use precision and go for RT. then you can also skip some accuracy crafts / versatility node.

go for fenumus gloves and reserve your now free mana with spider aspect.

Also Awakened Swift / Deadly / Vicious are super cheap (25-40 c) and give some dmg nice boost.




Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
"
paLe1337 wrote:


What watchers eye you trying to get is that expensive ?

Maybe swap for Malevolence then, as the DoT Multi one is currently ~5ex.


Yeah, since I had pride/precision was looking for something that benefited both. That got crazy quick.

"
paLe1337 wrote:

Just looked over the build.

You can swap the shield craft if you need dex. If you go for a full cluster look for +dexterity / all attributes rolls on the small cluster jewel. Annointing +30 dex is also fine until you get some rares with rolls.


Thanks for the advice! The shield change was a really good idea, that allowed me to get back 4 passives that were doing little else! Just sticking them on my existing cluster jewel small spots is a nice boost for the moment.

Also anointing Cleaving instead of PotW gives a nice bleed boost!

"
paLe1337 wrote:

In your case i would not level /even use precision and go for RT. then you can also skip some accuracy crafts / versatility node.

go for fenumus gloves and reserve your now free mana with spider aspect.

Also Awakened Swift / Deadly / Vicious are super cheap (25-40 c) and give some dmg nice boost.


Yeah, I struggle with everything you need to adjust to make bigger changes, when you need to adjust a bunch to see the improvement. Playing with POB, going to malevolence and watcher's eye gives me a 40k bump. The real improvement is obviously with fenumus weave too, and more DOT modifiers.

I've never used fenumus, do you usually have 3 webs on things, you don't get the big bump without that. I guess I really just need it with bosses. Worried about how much mana I'll have with it active even after dropping precision.

Dunno why I'm so reluctant to spend currency!

Thanks again!


How viable is this for a league starter? Planning on trying this next league 3.11.
What do you think about using The Nomad?

With a nice corruption it should be nice, no?
Only downside is that it has no +life...well, just a thought.

Very nice build so far! Thanks.
"If we don't end wars, wars will end us."
"
linear092 wrote:
How viable is this for a league starter? Planning on trying this next league 3.11.


Yes it's ok. Not the best, but doable. I would start pretty standard as Frostblades and switch around ~18-24. Always update your shield asap and keep Scraps for it.

Try to buy the Jewel asap. But they should be available before you get to maps.


"
S4l3m wrote:
What do you think about using The Nomad?

With a nice corruption it should be nice, no?
Only downside is that it has no +life...well, just a thought.

Very nice build so far! Thanks.


It's a nice belt. Good Damage, Res and Stats. But i crafted a Hunter Belt this season for my melee chars and that's so much life i would not swap away.

Guides:
Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2672813
Shattering Steel Gladiator: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2839530
Well thanks again for the build. Definitely recommend it! Only my second league playing the end game, managed to do 38/40 and got to see a ton of the game - you weren't joking about all content. Uber Elder demolished me, but I got to see the fight at least! And here I just started this build because I thought it might be fun and needed to start a new character to play with my wife. :)
"
settonull99 wrote:
Well thanks again for the build. Definitely recommend it! Only my second league playing the end game, managed to do 38/40 and got to see a ton of the game - you weren't joking about all content. Uber Elder demolished me, but I got to see the fight at least! And here I just started this build because I thought it might be fun and needed to start a new character to play with my wife. :)


+1

Yeah, fun and potent build, having a blast!
"If we don't end wars, wars will end us."
Last edited by S4l3m on Jun 2, 2020, 2:58:44 PM
Thinking about this for next league as I have never played SST before. Do you plan to update the guide for 3.11?

edit: also, how important to have is the helm enchant? and if it is important, how important is having +5 over "just" +3?
Last edited by deadmanwalkin on Jun 7, 2020, 5:08:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info