[3.11] Frost Nova Golementalist | All Bosses Down | Great Clear | 9k EHP | Golem Buff Stacking |

"
murilomuka wrote:
Is this build good as a starter? Since it only use golems as "aurabots" I guess it should be solid, right?


It's what I plan on league starting with. In the gameplay sections is a t10 map showcase on garbage gear without any golem jewels or 21 gems. That should give you an idea of what you can do with self farmed gear only.
So golementalist seems to be a pretty good shell for a lot of skills. I’m considering maybe trying this build but with storm brand instead. Anyone got any input on potential viability?
As a fellow Mathil fan this build looks like it will be my 3.9 starter. I've been wanting to do Ice Nova for awhile now ever since Mathil did it in the Flashback league, and the Golemancer shell looks really potent too. Thanks for the build!
"
itssowrong wrote:
"
murilomuka wrote:
Is this build good as a starter? Since it only use golems as "aurabots" I guess it should be solid, right?


It's what I plan on league starting with. In the gameplay sections is a t10 map showcase on garbage gear without any golem jewels or 21 gems. That should give you an idea of what you can do with self farmed gear only.


Fair enough! Probably my starter as well. Set on stone with Golementalist, not entirely sure if Arc or Frostbolt + Ice Nova, although the latter seems way fun (and more damage vs bosses, which will be probably the goal this league). Thanks for this build and replies, mate!
Hello, I really like this build and want to use it as league start, but I have question about the leveling part, can I have some help in that front? the PoB is really good giving you the idea of passive tree progression but I'm cluless about what gem I can use in my way to reach late game. Any help is apreciated
"
Osgili4th wrote:
Hello, I really like this build and want to use it as league start, but I have question about the leveling part, can I have some help in that front? the PoB is really good giving you the idea of passive tree progression but I'm cluless about what gem I can use in my way to reach late game. Any help is apreciated


You can basically use any spell you want until you get access to Spell Echo in Act 4, and then you can switch to using the build's Frostbolt + Ice Nova combo.

Some good leveling spells are Freezing Pulse, Storm Brand, and Wave of Conviction. All of these clear mobs well while leveling. I personally use something like Blade Vortex as well for killing bosses. Feel free to use just about anything as long as you enjoy using it!
"
iSh3k wrote:
"
Osgili4th wrote:
Hello, I really like this build and want to use it as league start, but I have question about the leveling part, can I have some help in that front? the PoB is really good giving you the idea of passive tree progression but I'm cluless about what gem I can use in my way to reach late game. Any help is apreciated


You can basically use any spell you want until you get access to Spell Echo in Act 4, and then you can switch to using the build's Frostbolt + Ice Nova combo.

Some good leveling spells are Freezing Pulse, Storm Brand, and Wave of Conviction. All of these clear mobs well while leveling. I personally use something like Blade Vortex as well for killing bosses. Feel free to use just about anything as long as you enjoy using it!


Great advice 👍. I'm personally testing out ice Nova and Arc mines for fast early leveling.
Why not use Intensify over Faster Casting? At max intensify stacks (which should be easy to obtain for Frost Nova), it provides over 1m more dps than faster casting. It does result in much less AoE however, so maybe not ideal for mapping?

Also, what do you think of grabbing Paragon of Calamity from Merci lab for the easy life-leech and reflect immunity (to avoid bricking maps)? At least for league start, this would be quite helpful and make the build cheaper / safer until we get better gear & more currency, at which point we can unspec PoC and grab Mastermind for the huge damage increase.
Last edited by an1drag0n on Dec 12, 2019, 4:48:08 PM
"
an1drag0n wrote:
Why not use Intensify over Faster Casting? At max intensify stacks (which should be easy to obtain for Frost Nova), it provides over 1m more dps than faster casting. It does result in much less AoE however, so maybe not ideal for mapping?

Also, what do you think of grabbing Paragon of Calamity from Merci lab for the easy life-leech and reflect immunity (to avoid bricking maps)? At least for league start, this would be quite helpful and make the build cheaper / safer until we get better gear & more currency, at which point we can unspec PoC and grab Mastermind for the huge damage increase.


You can run intensify and it does work. I personally don't like it for a few reasons. The more overlaps we have on our Ice Novas the more single target we do. Using unleash on our frostbolt gives us the ability to have like 20 balls out at a time. So if we cast Ice Nova faster we can get more pairs and repeats of Ice Novas happening resulting in more overall single target damage than I think you can get from Intensify.
Is the skill gem setup for Ice Nova in order of importance? I'm asking to know what the 4 and 5 link setup would be. Thanks :)
Last edited by iSh3k on Dec 13, 2019, 10:04:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info