[3.11] Frost Nova Golementalist | All Bosses Down | Great Clear | 9k EHP | Golem Buff Stacking |

What does unleash actually provide? You only need 3 frostbolts for ice nova to be able to additionally cast on 2 more. One frostbolt having an echoing ice nova on it doesn't stop another ice nova from targeting it. GMP works well for clearing and adding range, but more frostbolts from unleash stacked on eachother doesn't seem to have made much impact.
Last edited by MuffinOrama on Dec 24, 2019, 10:39:27 PM
"
MuffinOrama wrote:
What does unleash actually provide? You only need 3 frostbolts for ice nova to be able to additionally cast on 2 more. One frostbolt having an echoing ice nova on it doesn't stop another ice nova from targeting it. GMP works well for clearing and adding range, but more frostbolts from unleash stacked on eachother doesn't seem to have made much impact.


It will increase the total number of Ice nova hits relative to cast speed. If you can cast 7 Ice Novas per second and have 3 Frostbolts out you will only have a max of 3 overlaps at the end of a 1 second burst. The two that happen when you cast plus the one additional frostbolt. Now lets say you cast 14 Frostbolts you'll be able to have 14 overlaps at one time at the end of a 1 second burst. When you include the repeats that are hitting the enemy as the bolts travel closer you end up with significantly more hits overall. Because its difficult to target specific frostbolts you can end up casting on bolts that already have qued repeats instead of ones that don't. To solve this I put in Unleash to increase the density of the Frostbolts and reduce the chance of that happening.

Sorry for the long response but its a difficult thing to clearly explain but I hope this helps.
I might still be confused. On a single frostbolt, multiple echos from different ice nova casts will go off simultaneously. Echoes from different ice nova casts do not queue, they will all repeat normally without delay.
You can test this by throwing just one frostbolt+ice nova and then throwing one frostbolt+5 ice novas, and comparing the echo explosion rates.

If you have 5CPS, you will trigger all 15 ice novas every second including their echoes with 3 frostbolts or 14, it makes no difference.

Now, unleash might increase the density of ice novas targeting frostbolts near your cursor, depending on how the targeting works. That's a plus but you aren't physically getting more overlaps because there is never any queueing with ice nova echo. And ofc GMP is great for clear area regardless.
Last edited by MuffinOrama on Dec 25, 2019, 7:06:18 AM
"
MuffinOrama wrote:
I might still be confused. On a single frostbolt, multiple echos from different ice nova casts will go off simultaneously. Echoes from different ice nova casts do not queue, they will all repeat normally without delay.
You can test this by throwing just one frostbolt+ice nova and then throwing one frostbolt+5 ice novas, and comparing the echo explosion rates.

If you have 5CPS, you will trigger all 15 ice novas every second including their echoes with 3 frostbolts or 14, it makes no difference.

Now, unleash might increase the density of ice novas targeting frostbolts near your cursor, depending on how the targeting works. That's a plus but you aren't physically getting more overlaps because there is never any queueing with ice nova echo. And ofc GMP is great for clear area regardless.


Hmm after testing in game you are right. So yeah I was wrong on how that interaction worked. This is why I love POE haha you learn something new everyday.

I'm not too sure off the top of my head what I would put in that slot. Unleash is still really helpful on boss fights because it helps us get to max power charges a lot faster which still may not be the best move here. Maybe Slower Proj for bosses and Faster Proj for clearing.
"
itssowrong wrote:
I'm not too sure off the top of my head what I would put in that slot. Unleash is still really helpful on boss fights because it helps us get to max power charges a lot faster which still may not be the best move here. Maybe Slower Proj for bosses and Faster Proj for clearing.


You could put in a lvl 9-10 arcane surge and replace the one in your 6-link with e.g. controlled destruction.

I must say it is quite a good build - I already had an existing setup but I borrowed some of your ideas since I was dying too much in higher tiers. The +Max life as max ES helped a ton (on both timeless jewel and body armor). With my current setup I can run any map mods, ele reflect (rings + pantheon), no leech, regen etc.

I never had any mana issues on awakener, but that might be because he melted so fast that the phases never lasted long...I just kept dying to the clouds between phases :(
IGN: Dargeshaad
What does the skitterbots do for the build and how important is it to run them? I dont have an enlighten yet so im borderline able to run them but just wondering if its really necessary
"
Archibaldin wrote:
What does the skitterbots do for the build and how important is it to run them? I dont have an enlighten yet so im borderline able to run them but just wondering if its really necessary


Skitterbots are extremely important. They provide consistent chill and shock. I would run skitter over Zealotry. Until you can fit everything.
since we use zealotry, maybe its a good idea to remove frozen trail jewel and put some good watсher eye instead?
Last edited by R3dShad0w on Dec 26, 2019, 1:56:33 AM
"
R3dShad0w wrote:
since we use zealotry, maybe its a good idea to remove frozen trail jewel and put some good watсher eye instead?


If it's in your budget do it up!
For anyone curious I'm experimenting using a Minion Life Elder helmet with crafted Cast socketed spells when you focus. You can fit 4 of the golems here and be able to cast all 4 instantly every 6 seconds. I'll update the guide accordingly depending on whether or not this works out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info