Xbox servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately 120 minutes.
PS4 servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately 120 minutes.

[3.12] The Perfect Ice Nova | Hierophant | 30m+ DPS | 11k EHP | All Content | 1100+ Delve

"
xROFLCOPTERx wrote:
which makes me lose some utility with Flask Charge on Crit


just so you know, flask charge on crit has a 200ms icd, so lower crit chance won't actually affect your flask charge recovery.
"
Chridian wrote:
So I've stared at Rofls stream and decided to go for this build, did have some more questions and figured it was better to pile them up here:
I understand the basics of crafting a tailwind/elusive pair of boots, but since they are respectively a suffix and prefix, there's no easy way of crafting them right, it's just RNG whether or not you hit a decent second prefix?

Regarding the skilltree, do we use the "beginners/league starter" first and prioritize clusters for last?

Edit: Also for the boots, which of the two are most important, elusive or tailwind? If I cant imidiately get both of them I mean. (I like to have a plan b for when I inevitably screw up and lose my currency)



It's a straightforward Awakener's Orb craft which usually results in a 4 or 5 affix pair of boots. You can reliably get the boots down to 3 affixes with 2-3 craft attempts and then multimod, but it is an expensive failure if you do fail. If you are low on currency, just prioritize Tailwind and come back to the boots later.

"
2ndkrueger wrote:
Rofl, may i ask why you aren't running a essence worm with zealotry? :)


I am. If poeninja shows I'm not, it's because it's snapshotting my build from when I'm mapping. I use a HH for mapping and swap out the Essence Worm since I don't have enough resists without my actual belt.

"
Arcinde wrote:
just so you know, flask charge on crit has a 200ms icd, so lower crit chance won't actually affect your flask charge recovery.


I'm aware of the cd, but I didn't really feel like doing the calculations of flask recovery at a 98% vs 92% effective crit rate at 5 in the morning. I'll concede that the difference is effectively null.
Some dumb multimodding questions because I've never crafted multimod before and I'm about to dump a bunch of currency into the very basic tailwind boots:

Presuming I have already:
1. Got the magic boots (life/tailwind)
2. Imprinted
3. Regal'd
4. Annul'd to my satisfaction

Once I slap the multimod on there do I only have one chance to roll each of the mods? For example if I slap the movespeed/cannot be chilled mod and it rolls 18%, I can't just recraft it on there to reroll it right?

And for the Aspect of the Cat beastcrafting - Any issue with the order I do that? Should I craft it on the rare before multimodding? After? Does it matter?
"
Jaef wrote:
Some dumb multimodding questions because I've never crafted multimod before and I'm about to dump a bunch of currency into the very basic tailwind boots:

Presuming I have already:
1. Got the magic boots (life/tailwind)
2. Imprinted
3. Regal'd
4. Annul'd to my satisfaction

Once I slap the multimod on there do I only have one chance to roll each of the mods? For example if I slap the movespeed/cannot be chilled mod and it rolls 18%, I can't just recraft it on there to reroll it right?

And for the Aspect of the Cat beastcrafting - Any issue with the order I do that? Should I craft it on the rare before multimodding? After? Does it matter?


Yep only one chance, then is up To divine it.

No issue with the order, just consider the that tailwind is a suffix, multimodd is a suffix, the aspect is a suffix
Okay, I did some preliminary data collection today in regards to Hypothermia and Conc Effect when bossing against Sirus a8. I had to downgrade to a 4-link (Ice Nova, Awakened Spell Echo, Intensify for the AOE, and either Hypothermia or Conc Effect) for these fights since I was instaphasing him otherwise.

Ten fights at a8 with Hypothermia resulted in an average total kill time of 79.85 seconds, excluding all storm phases.

Eleven fights at a8 with Conc Effect resulted in an average total kill time of 74.64 seconds.

Hypothermia takes approximately 7% longer to kill Sirus, but with such a small sample size, this is well within the margin of error and there is no statistically significant difference between the two. I'll continue collecting more data, but it might ultimately come down to feel. I know for a fact that vs. Aul Conc Effect is better since the safest strat for that fight is to be right next to him, such that I would rather front load more damage per hit than to count on more hits landing.
Thanks for collecting the data. I will probably be recommending Hypothermia as a general setup but I will mention Conc Effect as an alternative that may be slightly more effective on bosses.

I have just uploaded a short 3.10 showcase: https://youtu.be/q_ghAjKtyGw

Next few days I will be working on a major update to the slides (streamlining to one build path, removing outdated suggestions). Other than that I'm probably gonna be mostly done for this league. It's been a fun few weeks, did a lot of experimenting this league. The new cluster jewels were pretty cool to work with.
Last edited by Arcinde on Apr 17, 2020, 6:32:30 PM
Awesome, thanks for sharing you guys!

So one thing I found, there is an even better large cluster jewel for us. Replace Prismatic Heart with Corrosive elements on one jewel (guessing Corrosive Elements does not stack, but who knows). You lose 30% increased damage and 10 all res, and gain -10 to enemy cold res.

However, this jewel is much more difficult to craft/much more expensive. Corrosive Elements and Blanketed snow are both quite rare mods. They're around 25ex right now to buy one on the market.

Edit: NM this is wrong, Corrosive Elements does not stack with Frostbomb. :(
Last edited by DrunkDoter on Apr 18, 2020, 1:21:27 PM
Multiple sources of Cold Exposure do not stack, and we already apply it with Frost Bomb. So Corrosive Elements can only be used to remove Frost Bomb from our setup. This could still be useful, but you will have to weigh it against Prismatic Heart or Disorienting Display which are both also quite useful.

I believe Corrosive/Blanketed is particularly expensive right now due to Herald stacking builds. They really need gem slots so they normally would not use be able to use Frost Bomb.
"
Arcinde wrote:
Multiple sources of Cold Exposure do not stack, and we already apply it with Frost Bomb. So Corrosive Elements can only be used to remove Frost Bomb from our setup. This could still be useful, but you will have to weigh it against Prismatic Heart or Disorienting Display which are both also quite useful.

I believe Corrosive/Blanketed is particularly expensive right now due to Herald stacking builds. They really need gem slots so they normally would not use be able to use Frost Bomb.
Ooh gotcha, thanks!!
How do you get 5 blue and 1 green on that chest? It seems impossible. Kinda new player

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info