Arctic Armour

"
"
nebunelux wrote:
Have you guys thought of Arctic Armour and Incinerate?

Both skill work best if you stand still!
Arctic Armour - no mana usage if stand still.
Incinerate - huge increase in damage of stand still.

This could really work. Also Arctic Armour would help with reflect (fire) and it has fire damage reduction.

I am really curious about scaling. With max fire resist, the -fire damage taken could be really good.

Looks like a good idea.

For players who think this is a oh-shit skill, imo it is not, I would rely on flasks than this.

Scenario:
1. oh shit, I am taking lots of small damage. (0.3 seconds)
2. cast arctic armor (0.5 seconds-1 second)
3. run

whereas I can skip the step 2
2. run, press flasks crazily

1st scenario works better versus voids and titty bitches since you can literally take 0 damage from them with this skill.
"
"
nebunelux wrote:
Have you guys thought of Arctic Armour and Incinerate?

Both skill work best if you stand still!
Arctic Armour - no mana usage if stand still.
Incinerate - huge increase in damage of stand still.

This could really work. Also Arctic Armour would help with reflect (fire) and it has fire damage reduction.

I am really curious about scaling. With max fire resist, the -fire damage taken could be really good.

Looks like a good idea.

For players who think this is a oh-shit skill, imo it is not, I would rely on flasks than this.

Scenario:
2. cast arctic armor (0.5 seconds-1 second)
3. run

whereas I can skip the step 2
2. run, press flasks crazily

You forgot to mention Whirling Blades?

1. Oh shit, I am taking lots of.... whirling blades, solved (unless you lag like me, then its just a skill to let you die further away from the mobs).
IGN: Annassassin
At first i was like holy cow, that might be nice, also great "buff" for melee. So i checked it out on my blood magic character; lol nvm cant use it. Checked it on my CI dagger shadow; lol nvm 0 mana. GG, this is might be useful if you have 3k mana and dont use auras ":D"
My best char so far https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211377
Wonderful skill. Love it with my Cyclone duelist. Might grab Eldritch Battery just for this skill.
This might be a perfect skill and addition to my build, can't wait to try this out!

(High mana regen, with mobile/ immobile play mixed).
"
topeight wrote:
Nothing, the degen is a debuff not a buff.

That's not how IF works. The degeneration on Blood Rage and Righteous Fire are also increased by Inner Force; the degen is part of the Buff. Either Arctic Armor does not count as a Buff, or the Mana Degen is increased by IF. Can't have it both ways, and the latter is more likely.
"
ddlsrlx wrote:
all abilities that move your character except for lightning warp seem to count towards the movement degen.
Flicker Strike?

This could be a nice buff for a multi flicker gem build. A way to slow enemies you don't kill right away and defense for quick melee attacks/fire spells.
Someone please do correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't they say they don't want face tanking? Was that just a rumor someone spread? This is basically a face tanking gem.
"
c2games wrote:
Someone please do correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't they say they don't want face tanking? Was that just a rumor someone spread? This is basically a face tanking gem.

it depends how it scales at high level
As an eldritch battery bow user: This is the best panic button I could have ever asked for. I have 180 mana regen/s without optimal gear, if I ever get ahold of a dream fragments... It will be insane!

One question: Does the chill effect count as dealing ice damage when accounting for Elemental Equalibrium?
IGN: swampassking, yellingman, pisswailer, screamingasshole, crabass, funman, shittingtodeath, hirasawayui
Last edited by Wooser69 on Mar 20, 2013, 12:45:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info