Arctic Armour

I run mine with 0% quality so I agree, there must be a reason to improve it.
I'd appreciate if someone could confirm some mechanics about Arctic Armour for me. Granted, it's very difficult to test so if you can provide some evidence of any answers or link to a GGG source, it would be much better for everyone interested.

How does the "stationary" part of AA work in the case of:

- Using "movement" skills like Flame Dash or Lightning Warp.
- Character is frozen.
- Character is stunned.
- Character is trying to move to a location but is blocked.
- Character is lagging but a move command has been issued.

I am especially curious about the transition from "while moving" to "when stationary". We can all understand that the character will be moving 90% of the time. Does the game just automatically detect and switch between stationary and moving based on character animations or does it instead track queued move commands and every time you're using the "Move Only" (Left Click) command, you count as moving? What if I hold down left click permanently and right click periodically while I am running a map?

Thank you for your time.
"
CMAuGaming wrote:
I'd appreciate if someone could confirm some mechanics about Arctic Armour for me. Granted, it's very difficult to test so if you can provide some evidence of any answers or link to a GGG source, it would be much better for everyone interested.

- Character is frozen.
- Character is stunned.

I am especially curious about the transition from "while moving" to "when stationary". We can all understand that the character will be moving 90% of the time. Does the game just automatically detect and switch between stationary and moving based on character animations or does it instead track queued move commands and every time you're using the "Move Only" (Left Click) command, you count as moving? What if I hold down left click permanently and right click periodically while I am running a map?

Thank you for your time.

You can always test with a friend in a duel (with bleed).

1) Light Warp is "not moving", most other movement skills are "moving". There is a good case for this being distinguished on the skills themselves rather than by experimentation.
2+3) Generally no, unless you're also being knocked-back.
4) I don't quite know what you mean. When your character reaches the limit of where they can path to they will cease moving.
5) If the server thinks you're moving, you are.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on May 6, 2016, 8:06:38 AM
"

- Character is frozen.
- Character is stunned.

I'd like to know if while flickering you still benefit from Arctic Armour.
The countless times I mistook my MTX pet for prey... huehehehe
"
I'd like to know if while flickering you still benefit from Arctic Armour.

I am 99% sure you do. I know for a fact you do not take extra bleeding damage whilst actively flickering.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Anything that teleports you (Flicker Strike, Lightning Warp, Flame Dash, etc) has no interaction with "while moving" effects because teleportation is instant. There is no point in time during which you are moving - you go from being at point A to being at point B with no time between the two.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Anything that teleports you (Flicker Strike, Lightning Warp, Flame Dash, etc) has no interaction with "while moving" effects because teleportation is instant. There is no point in time during which you are moving - you go from being at point A to being at point B with no time between the two.

Thank you for adding the remaining 1% to Ashen_Shugar_IV's post ;). I was also in the 99% boat.
The countless times I mistook my MTX pet for prey... huehehehe
Hello,

I have a quick question about Arctic Armour

What does the lab enchant 36% increased arctic armour buff effect do?

I cant seem to find it with my char stat page activating it with the enchant or not.

ty for answering.
"
Vapala wrote:
Hello,

I cant seem to find it with my char stat page activating it with the enchant or not.

ty for answering.

It increases the effect by 36% of what it is currently. So basically, get any numbers that the effect of the buff has, and multiply them by 1.36.

So for eg, if your arctic armour is level 17, the buff gives:

12% less Physical Damage taken when Hit
12% less Fire Damage taken when Hit

12 x 1.36 = 16.32

So the buff will actually give 16% less phys/fire damage taken when hit.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
"
Vapala wrote:
Hello,

ty for answering.

It increases the effect by 36% of what it is currently. So basically, get any numbers that the effect of the buff has, and multiply them by 1.36.

So for eg, if your arctic armour is level 17, the buff gives:

12% less Physical Damage taken when Hit
12% less Fire Damage taken when Hit

12 x 1.36 = 16.32

So the buff will actually give 16% less phys/fire damage taken when hit.

Ty for your answer. I have another question: can I just swap the helm or must I refresh the buff when i Swap the helm?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info