Arctic Armour

Did that ever come to pass?
Seems to me it's just the 10% chill now, and that might be a tad underwhelming.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
When a enemy hits you while Arctic Armour is active does this hit count as a hit for on hit effects? I was thinking of Unbound Aliments which says 'Supports Any Skill Which Hits Enemies'.
I was trying to use arctic armour, but i read this on gem:

[take less Fire and Physical damage while stationary.]

while stationary? really?
reduced phy dam and fire dam only while STATIONARY?
So if I keep moving, this gem does nothing. Right?

Does anyone know about this gem?

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
Last edited by Antigegner on Oct 4, 2019, 8:21:13 AM
I've been using arctic armour for quite some time now and i have to say that
it's underwhelming.

It reduces phys/fire damage but only while stationary which doesn't mean much in a game where most players need to stay mobile in order to survive heavy,and the not so heavy, hits.

As a result it gets eclipsed by other defensive skills, such as flesh and stone, that don't have such kind of limitations.

I would suggest removing the "while stationary" restriction so that more builds can benefit from it and so that the skill can have a wider use.
Last edited by Yperkeimenos on Jan 31, 2020, 4:41:36 PM
I have never been able to find a good use for this gem. I even bought the spiffy MTX for it, because it fit the theme of my Ice Witch, but I just can't be bothered to use it with all the confounding limitations on the skill. Would it be so OP if the skill were unleashed? ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes
"
Yperkeimenos wrote:
I've been using arctic armour for quite some time now and i have to say that
it's underwhelming.

It reduces phys/fire damage but only while stationary which doesn't mean much in a game where most players need to stay mobile in order to survive heavy,and the not so heavy, hits.

As a result it gets eclipsed by other defensive skills, such as flesh and stone, that don't have such kind of limitations.

I would suggest removing the "while stationary" restriction so that more builds can benefit from it and so that the skill can have a wider use.

While it would be a complication to a gem that already has several effect, I feel like you could make a middle ground that keeps the spirit of the original intact.

Something like: a baseline effect that's less powerful, but gains charges that multiply it's power as you are stationary, and those charges are lost one by one as you move.

Any close range melee build (that isn't flicker strike) could use it to some benefit, but so could many casters, especially those that channel. Even bow users that stop and move could consider it if the charges stack fast enough- perhaps the mana reservation could increase like some other auras, but gain the charges faster in trade. (hopefully starting with a lower mana res if so)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info