Wolcen Hype Release!

I figured you'd quit after that castigating review, honestly.

'On me' is something I noticed as well, but I get how it happened. 'On my command' or 'on my signal' both work, so 'on me' seems like it would be a perfectly acceptable abbreviation thereof. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've seen 'on me' used this way before by native speakers/writers. Oddly finding no real hits discussing it; 'for me' vs 'to me', however, seems a difficult one.

A strange thing to get stuck in your craw but it happens.

I've seen similar 'mistakes' by English-fluent Europeans who excel at formal English but struggle with idioms and everyday speech. So I just mentally skipped over it, as I do whenever I hear an American say 'in back of you' instead of 'behind you'. I know it's grammatically correct in AmE ('back' being the opposite of 'front') but to someone raised on BrE it just sounds uneducated and intuitive. Still, that's how language evolves, and for the most part I could care less.

...goddamn I hate even typing it that way in mockery.

Fairly sure Wolcen was written in English. They did an interview with their 'new' writer back in December 2018, when the game was emerging from alpha-level development hell. I don't think you'd write that much in French if you planned to use professional British voice actors, which they always did.
I am W James Chan, author of Blackcloak: A Man of His Sword, the novel from which the PoE unique Oni-Goroshi is derived. So if you liked that, give the book a go on Amazon. I think it's pretty good -- but like Her, it isn't to be come at lightly, and it definitely isn't what it first seems to be.
Oh I haven't quit yet. I hope they do add more tilesets though. Go back even a few years in PoE and there were few and now look how many! I have seen complaints about it but the game is too new to expect many more now.
Censored.
Interesting. I couldn't write such a scathing, zero-positive-points review with a Not Recommended conclusion for a game and then keep playing it. Seems disingenuous somehow, but then again, I used to write professional reviews for various sites back when that meant something other than 'shill' or 'clickbait' so I guess I'm more inclined to a balanced approach. A gamer's review is likely to be more...emotive and momentary, focusing on the negative aspects the way a hammer finds the jutting nail.
I am W James Chan, author of Blackcloak: A Man of His Sword, the novel from which the PoE unique Oni-Goroshi is derived. So if you liked that, give the book a go on Amazon. I think it's pretty good -- but like Her, it isn't to be come at lightly, and it definitely isn't what it first seems to be.
Looks like the next 4 months will be mainly "polish" and smaller QoL features.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/424370/discussions/0/1744520688774147146/
The cash shop is the key part of the announcement. They rushed the game so hard so they can implement it and milk as much money as possible. I bet finishing the cash shop will be their priority numero uno. Get the money from the poor schmucks who still believe in them before even they leave.
Number of players keep dropping, from the most hardcore "YOU JUST HATE THE GAME BECAUSE IT'S BETTER THAN POE" to " I WANT A REFUND".

The potential is there, but the game itself is even after the latest patches,still an alpha release.

In a year or so, who knows? Maybe this will turn out to be a really good game, but the devs really need to work on it. D4 is in the works, not that I expect blizz to actually deliver,given that they sold themselves as whores to activision. But then again there is POE2, and wolcen will really have to keep the pace up,if it wants to attract people to play.
it's a fun mess. you encounter so many bugs during a single session that it's almost cute/funny.

the complexity comes from dodging bugs basically.

then you get disconnected 3 levels deep into an expedition and get no rewards :)
it's hilarious

*having fun but it definitely isnt competition for poe.
Last edited by teksuoPOE on Mar 3, 2020, 2:14:57 PM
Unfortunately it's not even close to be a competitor for POE,and that in my opinion is a bad thing. I truly hoped this would rise to it's true potential,but who knows....maybe in a year or so.

POE needs competition, it's not GGG as by this time they are as small as blizzard is in activision. This should be a message to Tencent,the actual giant making the rules,dictating what should happen next.

With no serious competition,this company will become the next blizzard,as it sold itself for money,and just like blizzard it will become an empty shell. If there is competition,that means that Tencent has to steer the ship in a better direction for us all,regardless if they like it or not,the market wants what the market wants.

Without it,expect some half assed bugfixes,but a ton of hideouts,sword effects,wings,portals,tons of mtx,but nothing more. As that is the thing that they will focus on,that they will make GGG focus on.
Last edited by Nosferat on Mar 3, 2020, 4:36:37 PM
"

I read your signature and laughed. What story is there after act 4? We become mutes ha
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
The cash shop is the key part of the announcement. They rushed the game so hard so they can implement it and milk as much money as possible. I bet finishing the cash shop will be their priority numero uno. Get the money from the poor schmucks who still believe in them before even they leave.

Either you didn't read the entire article/listen to the interview. That or you just interrupted what you wanted from it, which that's what we do as humans too so I can't really fault you on that. Anyways, they said they will have to put all of that on the back burner to get everything caught up. Of course if they do release the $$$ things first or much sooner than what they discussed that would end any trust that's left with the company.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info