3.12 ❆ iLL3aT’s Cold Skeleton Warriors/Archers ❆ League Starter ❆ All Content ❆ 40/40

@wereodiles - I'm curious too. I'm playing with a crit option, but am not 100% sold yet.

@K4P0T - RNG unfortunately. I made one in like 100 chromes + vaals (coloring a corrupted one), and another in closer to 500 (it kept failing on the 3 to 4).

@Xierg - Either or. The old tree was what I used in the prior league to great success. I'm trying out sKillmaTic's because I like it, and I like change and
experimentation. Neither tree is the final tree though, since the final one will have cluster jewels. I'd still use a Doryani over divine flesh though - divine flesh is great, but getting that much chaos res it very hard.

Vaal summon skellies comes with normal summon skellies as well. Two skills for the price of one jewel socket =)

Commander of darkness would just be a starter for me. The hardest part of early league for me is usually capping resistances (I usually don't trade the first few days of league except to convert to exalts) which was why old bone barrier was so good.

@Vulgarny - Devouring Diadem would be a great aura holder. I think it'd depend on how you view AG in general - guess him and friends would go into boots with empower and minion life maybe.

@sKillmaTic - Thanks for that! I had never clicked on the levels of the monsters and had dismissed him as bad after seeing -20%. Probably worth dropping a chieftain for one since that's -13-14% cold resistance on bosses (40 * 0.34). Good catch! The downside is that the cooldown is ten seconds and uptime six.

@itaizilca - Phys might be better than lightning. It's actually pretty close to cold's damage but both have their strengths and weaknesses. Elemental takes an extra cast for EE/exposure, but phys' aura is pride...which is dangerous to use and not worth scaling. Phys is strong pretty much because impale is ridiculously overpowered (and even more so with the new minion node).

@dj - Your insights are always super insightful. We don't agree on everything, but there is no progress without discussion and different viewpoints!

Interesting variant for sure. Compared to a +2 chest (hard to get I know), helm skellies is pretty much a 5 link +5% more dmg/5% life - essentially down a full link, which is ~50%.

Hungry loop is awesome. Never played with it much since I wanted to min/max skellie damage, but I see it used in a pile of minion builds to great effect.

I think the main advantage of jinxed is the cost, since then you can mass corrupt them for +1 curse. I still prefer the gem level stacking personally, but it's an option for sure.

Icicle mines - I use avatar of fire remember, so it would be doing fire damage and not breaking EE. I tested it last night in the blood aquaducts. I'll play more with mines more a few weeks in. Do remember that a 5% brittle/scourched is only -1.5% elemental resistances and +0.75 base crit (which is pretty much assassin's mark on bosses, funny enough). Definitely worth playing with further.

High impact mine - another brilliant idea. This one is probably the best option since one minefield support worth of mines is 10% DD, or ~9.5% more damage assuming just gravepact. Since up to 19 is possible, this is a LOT of damage at the cost of three linked sockets. Purifying flame is promising

@Malbidion - three skeletal atrophies will be near impossible. I think two large cluster jewels is the max due to limitations to the tree and available passive points. Chaos also does not scale as well as cold or phys due to not having an aura (pride/hatred) and instead having to either use the inferior haste, or a combination of aspect of the spider, despair, and skitterbots (without bonechill).

@_MrL_ Good luck as well!
3.12 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965
I'll put some questions during my leveling and gearing process. I am familiar with zombies, but Skellies are a different thing.

Let's reach map first :)

It is always cool to start fresh !
I've levelled with skellies three times and still suck at it (well, levelling in general). I'm using minions and stormblast mine (enemies take extra damage) though, seems to be a good combo.
3.12 ❆ Cold Skeletons guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2774965

I got this Jewel, I feel like it'll be worth getting it right?
"
Cpfuzzy wrote:

I got this Jewel, I feel like it'll be worth getting it right?

Ooh, nice! Probably worth playing with, though I doubt it's worth chaos spamming it right now since the c to ex ratio is so low atm.

This is what is already on it what do you think? it seems like it'll work already without having to chaos spam.
Usable for sure. It'll change your playstyle though - summon often!

I found one too (Vicious Bites, Rotten Claws, Renewal) and I used all three notables. Rotten claws in particular is broken strong for physical skellies (which you'll probably have to play unless you get a triad early).

I'm levelling with a mix of skellies and spectres (slave drivers). I'm feeling the skelly nerf while levelling unfortunately. I think they'll be fine late game, but levelling is a little harder.
Last edited by iLL3aT on Mar 14, 2020, 4:52:17 AM
I've grabbed Commander of Darkness/Mindless Aggression/Unnatural Strength, what should I grab for the 4th?
"
Cpfuzzy wrote:
I've grabbed Commander of Darkness/Mindless Aggression/Unnatural Strength, what should I grab for the 4th?

Definitely Mistress of Sacrifice. I have it last however, since it’s annoying to use offerings without a trigger a socketed spell wand, and those don’t exist for reasonable prices early league.
"
iLL3aT wrote:
"
Cpfuzzy wrote:

Definitely Mistress of Sacrifice. I have it last however, since it’s annoying to use offerings without a trigger a socketed spell wand, and those don’t exist for reasonable prices early league.

Yeah, I grabbed that as my uber lab now I just need to get a trigger wand.. I got to much abilities to use atm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info