Atlas Changes in 3.10.0

"
schusaku wrote:
I think the max all resist is a big no no as far as map mods go. Far too risky for HC. I would much prefer an increase in elemental dmg that would be significant but would not kill you in an instant so you could feel the increased dmg at the start of the map and could then decide whether or not you would like to continue the map. The instant dead out of nowhere in general in Path of Exile is the biggest issue I have about the game as far as HC content goes (and I almost exclusively play HC). I dont know what the solution for this could be. Maybe a warning tool by entering maps that informs player about deadly map mods or far more deadly bosses than the average boss on those map tiers. I dont think that this kind of message would spoil too much to a new player since it wouldnt need to be too specific. For experienced players this kind of warning message would insure that they have a safety-net for loosing a character for no reason (e.g. physical builds with physical reflect mods. most ppl will avoid this mod but sometimes out of an oversight run a map with this mod and get instantly killed for no real reason. This kind of dead doesnt feel good in any way.) For me a really unsatisfying Death last league was a death caused by the lightning synthesis Boss: I was having no problem with all the content I was engaging (maybe the tier of that unique map is just too low. If the tier of the map would be much higher it would maybe make ppl more cautious naturally) and just got one shot by that boss. Any player who has experienced that boss will be highly cautious whether or not to engage the fight. So I dont think that a simple warning message for this kind of fight would spoil too much but rather would tell new players to consider if their HC character is ready for this content or not. By contrast my death to the boss of the core map on tier 14+ with a clear avoidable one shot slam did make me feel sad of course but didnt feel bad at the same time since I was on a red map and new that in this content range boss fight should be dangerous is some way. I knew I messed up and it was a "deserved" death and when starting this fight I already knew that a death could be an outcome thus making me excited before starting the fight and also preparing myself emotionally of a possible death outcome. Loosing a character out of nowhere without any kind of preparation just makes me feel empty and somewhat angry and often results in stopping the game for some amount of time, while a death that was caused by e.g. a conqueror boss fight almost never makes me stop playing the game and just will just encourage me to become a better player and continue trying to beat the game.

I'm sorry i didn't have faith to read everything since it's not airy :p
Minus Max res is not that bad by itself, it's a 50% more damage for SOME monsters.
As a single mod, extra damage is much stronger.

The most dangerous one is 2 extra projectiles since monsters can shotgun, so this mod is basically high chance of triple damage.

as a HC player i really believe minus max is over rated.

I would classify most dangerous mods like that :
reflect (if you're tired)
no regen (not dangerous but most annoying by far :p)
extra proj
crit
monster AOE
boss AOE
minus max
extra elem dmg
turbo
extra dmg
etc etc

edit : forgot about hexproof because when i rely on curses i make sure i can curse hexproof ennemies, be it with a cospri's malice, an occultist, or whatever othe mean exists
Last edited by Marluxiar on Mar 5, 2020, 8:30:58 PM
There're too many unique builds that function completely different. If map mods exist, most builds will have mods/combos they can't do.

It's not really a fixable problem without completely removing certain mods, or completely removing certain builds.

I'm more annoyed that they think having extra maps is a bad thing. Temple is garbage and shouldn't have went core...stop trying to keep it alive. Delve is still awesome for plenty of things besides maps, but you guys phased it out by adding extra unnecessary layers to Atlas progression.

You're trying to band-aid a bigger wound.
Legacy IGN: Tonstaz
Please, base your game on SSF mode !

For ex, analyse the new items drops (awakening gems, conqueror's exalted orbs,...) during SSF 3.9 league and rework the loot rate using those results.
If a SSF player killed one conqueror 100 times and got only one orb, increase the drop rate.

adding a way to exchange one awakened gem with another one would help a lot ion SSF.

What is good in the game is to farm what you are looking for (divination cards are a good way, for ex).
Farming currencies to buy it, isn't as fun and it's boring as f***.

and please: remove randomness of trials in maps.
"
Lyonnel wrote:

For ex, analyse the new items drops (awakening gems, conqueror's exalted orbs,...) during SSF 3.9 league and rework the loot rate using those results.
If a SSF player killed one conqueror 100 times and got only one orb, increase the drop rate.

adding a way to exchange one awakened gem with another one would help a lot ion SSF.

What is good in the game is to farm what you are looking for (divination cards are a good way, for ex).

Seconded!
"
Lyonnel wrote:

The major point of ssf is bragging rights.
One single ssf-only change like you're proposing and it's all gone.
"
Baddgulf wrote:
The whole idea of endgame being gated behind rng is bad at the roots. It's like you intentionally want to discourage players from playing your game. It's constant, irritating topic every league.
Why not disable map drops and open Atlas completly. If you want to play tier 2, first you need to complete tier 1 and so on. Someone want to play only one map? Let them have it. What's wrong with that? I'm pretty sure 100% player base would be more than happy with such a system.

Because money. See my sig.
GGG makes it so the game feels like a job instead of a hobby so that it can profit from all the social training everyone gets to work harder and self-exploit. - I could use some like minded people in my guild. - I don't see reply notifications.
In 3.9 it's not longer possible to sustain one map, e.g. Burial Chambers, because of two terrible reasons:

1. There is no possibility to undo maps. In their announcement they wrote that they think about Cartographer's Seal. Whatever that means...

2. Even more important: The rule that a map's tier is reduced if the rolled tier cannot drop is gone. Instead the map won't drop. That is annoying! Will this be changed again in 3.10?

Another terrible decision will come up in 3.10: Orb of Horizons will also roll unnatural maps which furthermore decreases the chance to obtain a desired map.

Is all of this really intended? Do I really have to buy maps if I want to target farm ONE map and only that one map?
Last edited by Bushfeind on Mar 7, 2020, 6:05:23 PM
I wished no regeneration and no leech mods could not be rolled together making maps available only to a few niche builds if we are talking about map mods.

I do not really see any issues with the rest as they can be counterbalanced through some shape or form, be it a flask, a change in support gem ect...

"
krzsztf wrote:
make winter orb great again!
no, just make it playable

Yes, GGG please make Winter Orb better.
You nerfed it too much.
"
Flinkerkobold wrote:
this but this is just something for the entire squad of ggg to consider, especially the balancing team. We as high lvl players dont care about having only one map to target farm (even if that is the essence of arpgs). Running random maps IS FINE. But why on earth do most of the maps suck so much compared to others? why do so many maps have less than half the amount of mobs than others and bad drops on top? why dont you add some of the new cards to bad maps to make them competitive? the way the game is right now, casual players will still run random maps and dedicated players will just buy their maps. literally no changes in the maps run apart from even more trading and micro management. please consider at least buffing all of the horrendously bad maps in the game to make it feel less painful running randoms

i totally agree with him ,if anybody else agree please quote him as well best way to be seen and heard.Constructive too.just my 2 cent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info