Unplayable FPS drops on good PC

I've been playing path of exile since there was 2 acts across multiple cpus. I'd say about since a year and a half ago I started experiencing fps drops on groups of monsters. From packs ranging from small to large when approaching. Or activating any encounter. The fps drops range from 0fps (most of the time)- 3 fps and can last up to 30 seconds. In which case I just hold right click and hope I stay alive. This has been occurring across multiple leagues and multiple builds. The game had become unplayable in the endgame when I die I lose more exp than I'll get back before I die again due to an inevitable fps drop. I've researched everything on fixing it. Reinstalls. Command line codes. Removing sound from the game files. Deleting caches. Differnt drivers. Harddrive cleanups. Running on another drive. Reformatting. My graphics are turned down to the bare minimum and my computer should easily run this game without issue as it runs the newest pc titles on decent graphics settings. Here's the specs.
Windows 10x64
i7-6820hk @2.70ghz
Nvidia GTX 980m
16gb ram @ 2133mhz
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 ssd (running OS and POE)

Open to some new ideas besides buying a new pc because I'm not doing that for a while and shouldn't have to. I know for certain there are many others that experience this.

Last bumped on Aug 14, 2020, 5:15:59 AM
"
TrannySlop wrote:
I've been playing path of exile since there was 2 acts across multiple cpus. I'd say about since a year and a half ago I started experiencing fps drops on groups of monsters. From packs ranging from small to large when approaching. Or activating any encounter. The fps drops range from 0fps (most of the time)- 3 fps and can last up to 30 seconds. In which case I just hold right click and hope I stay alive. This has been occurring across multiple leagues and multiple builds. The game had become unplayable in the endgame when I die I lose more exp than I'll get back before I die again due to an inevitable fps drop. I've researched everything on fixing it. Reinstalls. Command line codes. Removing sound from the game files. Deleting caches. Differnt drivers. Harddrive cleanups. Running on another drive. Reformatting. My graphics are turned down to the bare minimum and my computer should easily run this game without issue as it runs the newest pc titles on decent graphics settings. Here's the specs.
Windows 10x64
i7-6820hk @2.70ghz
Nvidia GTX 980m
16gb ram @ 2133mhz
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 ssd (running OS and POE)

Open to some new ideas besides buying a new pc because I'm not doing that for a while and shouldn't have to. I know for certain there are many others that experience this.

Sounds like a DirectX11 problem because when your problems started, the support for DirectX9 was removed.....
Same problem....

i5-4590 @3.30ghz
XFX R580 8GB
SSD intel 520 series
16 GB ram @2133

Win 10 3 months old system

All other game run 60+ fps in full settings....

Pleas fix this....Have 130 FPS in hideout and any action i have drop 10-30 fps......I buy basilisk sup.,crusade sup. and dont play......Sorry for me bad eng:-)
Last edited by Carmina__Burana on Mar 4, 2020, 1:17:05 PM
"
Same problem....

i5-4590 @3.30ghz
XFX R580 8GB
SSD intel 520 series
16 GB ram @2133

Win 10 3 months old system

All other game run 60+ fps in full settings....

Pleas fix this....Have 130 FPS in hideout and any action i have drop 10-30 fps......I buy basilisk sup.,crusade sup. and dont play......Sorry for me bad eng:-)

you need an i7 oder i9 for this game, sorry man!
OK, i buying i7 4790.Fastest processor to me socked 1150.Work on this setup??

i5-4590 @3.30ghz----i7-4790 @4.00ghz
XFX R580 8GB
SSD intel 520 series
16 GB ram @2133

" you need an i7 oder i9 for this game, sorry man! "

That is not correct.
I am playing poe on amd a8-5500 with radeon 7560D

The Problem on this game is the programming is realy bad.

Every patch brings some bug and latency problems - ggg´s quality of life -.-

And the biggest problem is : all isp is badly gateway ONLY ggg´s isp is the best of the world.........................

i have in the last 1h 4 blighted maps lost while the games lagg and the latency at the moment badly is ............. i am realy pissed off.

"
koloss2000 wrote:
" you need an i7 oder i9 for this game, sorry man! "

That is not correct.
I am playing poe on amd a8-5500 with radeon 7560D

The Problem on this game is the programming is realy bad.

Every patch brings some bug and latency problems - ggg´s quality of life -.-

And the biggest problem is : all isp is badly gateway ONLY ggg´s isp is the best of the world.........................

i have in the last 1h 4 blighted maps lost while the games lagg and the latency at the moment badly is ............. i am realy pissed off.

You can play it on a toaster for all everyone cares, how good it will run (if at all) is another thing.
You are complaining about bad performance and that ggg basically breaks the game while you are sitting on a hardware that's nearly a decade old. Really? Your CPU alone is from god damn 2012...and my phone has probably better graphics unit than the toaster you have.
Since when is it alright to ''demand'' an improvement of performance from random players who's systems don't even qualify to be called computers.
Besides at the end of the day it's a free to play title, if you have problems running it, you don't even have a month's worth of subscription keeping you from just quitting. In fact, this game would probably be better off converting to monthly subscription model.
Either upgrade that thing you call computer, or get a console, it's much cheaper on the long run and won't require any cash investment past the initial one.
No rest for the wicked.
"
You can play it on a toaster for all everyone cares, how good it will run (if at all) is another thing.
You are complaining about bad performance and that ggg basically breaks the game while you are sitting on a hardware that's nearly a decade old. Really? Your CPU alone is from god damn 2012...and my phone has probably better graphics unit than the toaster you have.
Since when is it alright to ''demand'' an improvement of performance from random players who's systems don't even qualify to be called computers.
Besides at the end of the day it's a free to play title, if you have problems running it, you don't even have a month's worth of subscription keeping you from just quitting. In fact, this game would probably be better off converting to monthly subscription model.
Either upgrade that thing you call computer, or get a console, it's much cheaper on the long run and won't require any cash investment past the initial one.

Really funny comment.
It's nice that so many users with good computer hardware have exactly the same problems and that you get everything together and so many problems are simply ignored.
I never asked for anything, just found something: no matter which system you have, everyone has the same problems and that cannot be dismissed out of hand.

The best example is the AMD BUG, which has been around for years and has only been corrected before the last league !!! (I've been with harbinger and the bug has been around since then ...)

Just ridiculous how problems are played down and insulted by would-be moderators (Google Translation ...)

What hardware I play is not something that the moderator would like to do, as long as I can play with it as well as possible, it is okay for me: UP TO THE LAGGS !!! no one gets along with them ....

Isn't there an ignore option in the forum?

The next Leauge is my last Leauge ever, this is the reason why i am not update my computer Hardware.

GGG can I get some support please?
You have laptop to proper work of dedicated card You must do that.
I played by years on laptop with A6 6310 and R4 integrated card and works fine !
🌞💥⚡ My itemfilter SimpleFilter The Fastest and Shortes on the World https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/koszmarnica/item-filters 🌞💥⚡

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info