PS4 servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

[3.12] Essence Drain 6.6 Mil DoT DPS | Very Beginner Friendly

Hi,

Thank you very much for this build, I really like ED contagion and this bring some fresh air.

One question : have you considered some of the new small / medium / large clust jewels from deliruim league ?

Are some of these better than for instance spirtual aid + small passives ?

Thx for tips
Hey,

I just started with your guide because how well detailled the leveling process is. Thx a lot for that !
It's a lot of fun.

one thing seems to be missing is the stats priority... As a noob I really need help on what stats I Should aim first :x

I'm act 4 soon 5 and i'm dying a lot, 1 hit and boom dead almost. With mages build I never know if I need to go life or ES.. Is 1 life = 1 es ?

Thx !


Edit : Damn you even put screenshots of how to buy... you rock !
Last edited by Raizdoe on Mar 19, 2020, 3:20:56 PM
"
Kafes wrote:

Hey, thanks for the reply. I guess I had some weird skill points left over. I have fixed my passives. Also I've done /passives and I'm sure I got all of them. I've also stopped using blood magic. The only problem is I can use zealotry and malevolence but don't have enough mana for discipline. I'll try to fix that. Aside from that it seems to have gotten better. Obviously I still get one-shotted by delirium things and some weird attacks. My resistances are capped too. I'll try to up my energy shield and slowly upgrade my gear but I should be ok for now. So thanks a lot! :)

Not a problem! Let me know if you have any more issues. To solve the mana issue head for the talent for "Charisma." I recommend dropping "Arcane Focus" for now since this only gives you a little bit of energy shield compared to what Discipline does for now.

"
AkNz wrote:
Hi,
Thank you very much for this build, I really like ED contagion and this bring some fresh air.
One question : have you considered some of the new small / medium / large clust jewels from deliruim league ?
Are some of these better than for instance spirtual aid + small passives ?
Thx for tips

I tested it a little bit.. let's say I haven't had enough time to actually go in and test every little thing. From what I was looking at with the rare cluster jewels.. it didn't really seem worth it to me for how many skill points were required.
Once I test it out and I come to a conclusion on which I believe is the best.. I will update!

"
Raizdoe wrote:
Hey,
I just started with your guide because how well detailled the leveling process is. Thx a lot for that !
It's a lot of fun.
one thing seems to be missing is the stats priority... As a noob I really need help on what stats I Should aim first :x
I'm act 4 soon 5 and i'm dying a lot, 1 hit and boom dead almost. With mages build I never know if I need to go life or ES.. Is 1 life = 1 es ?
Thx !
Edit : Damn you even put screenshots of how to buy... you rock !

Hi. Thank you very much!
So for stats.. I would highly suggest going for life early on as Energy Shield is a little hard to obtain early on and it is expensive. Also resistances play a huge part.
When you get to act 4 / 5, enemies do start to hit very hard. So around this part is when you want to get some new gear with more life and as much resistances as possible for cheap.
Energy shield is just a barrier for health. Chaos damage (Poison damage is also chaos damage.. it's just chaos damage over time) goes straight through Energy shield so that is why you want to have a decent health pool. You also want to try to look for Chaos resistance if possible.. but I usually don't because this can start to get expensive.

I want to point out the Delirium monster's deal after-death effects. Make sure if you are activating Delirium.. you run past after you kill and don't be tempted to loot if something juicy drops right away..
It even gets me sometimes I'm tempted to pickup that Chaos Orb right on top of them after they die and I end up dying.



This is my gear now, got some upgrades to do with my rares and gems but its starting to come together now! As i said previously i really enjoy playing this!
Melting Legions/Breaches and Deliriums and nothing is really hard tbh. Sirus takes a little time but its still super easy!
@wikro how much is that stuff worth ?


Also I reached level 63, picked up Eldritch Battery + Mind over matter and sometimes i'm stuck because I have no more energy shield so I can't cast spells :/ Potions don't seem to refill my es so what's the trick here ?
People in chat told me I need zealot's oath but I don't see it on the POB tree... help pls :[

Also why are we using a bow ?

Is the crafting mode +2 to support gems hard to find ? Will I have to hardcore grind it ? :x Where do we even find it ?

I'm liking bane too much so far... I'm scared of what ED + Contagion will look like.. ED being a small little ball doesn't feel so fun *wait and see*


Thx for all your answers !
Last edited by Raizdoe on Mar 20, 2020, 9:36:22 AM
Hallo,

first, thank you for this build it is a lot of fun looking at everything dying :)

Still I have some questions about possible improvements.

I'm running T5 maps rn and everything is fun doing Delirium stuff but i find myself little bit squishy. Have you any ideas how to improve so ill be bit tankier?

Here's my PoB: https://pastebin.com/N64j8jA8

I'm currently using your lvl90 Done tree but with all those uniques I'm at 2300 life which is pretty low.

I'd appertiate any advices!

/edit: changed my tree to something like your lvl100 pob, so I'm now at 5,4k es and doing good so far, need some more improvement like unnatural instinct, better bow, better empower, but it's all coming together!
Last edited by Heamnay on Mar 20, 2020, 3:43:18 PM
Hi, very helpful thank you.
What do you think about a vaaled [Skin of the Loyal Simple Robe] with +3 to socketed Gems?

Thanks :)
"
wikro wrote:



This is my gear now, got some upgrades to do with my rares and gems but its starting to come together now! As i said previously i really enjoy playing this!
Melting Legions/Breaches and Deliriums and nothing is really hard tbh. Sirus takes a little time but its still super easy!


Can you show your Skill tree?
For the ACT 3 portion of the leveling guide. When I have all Bane - Despair - Poachers - Temporal together they are all grey except Bane. Once I take Bane off they are able to all be used again. Am I doing something wrong there? Is there a way to make them all work at once with one click? Thanks
"
wikro wrote:
This is my gear now, got some upgrades to do with my rares and gems but its starting to come together now! As i said previously i really enjoy playing this!
Melting Legions/Breaches and Deliriums and nothing is really hard tbh. Sirus takes a little time but its still super easy!
Yeah I am super jealous!
You almost have the ideal gear that I would want! You are one EXTREMELY LUCKY and cool person!!
I hope I was able to help you earlier and I am glad you are loving it man. Makes me very happy!
"
Raizdoe wrote:
@wikro how much is that stuff worth ?
Also I reached level 63, picked up Eldritch Battery + Mind over matter and sometimes i'm stuck because I have no more energy shield so I can't cast spells :/ Potions don't seem to refill my es so what's the trick here ?
People in chat told me I need zealot's oath but I don't see it on the POB tree... help pls :[
Also why are we using a bow ?
Is the crafting mode +2 to support gems hard to find ? Will I have to hardcore grind it ? :x Where do we even find it ?
I'm liking bane too much so far... I'm scared of what ED + Contagion will look like.. ED being a small little ball doesn't feel so fun *wait and see*
Thx for all your answers !
His gear is worth roughly around 10-15 Ex if he got good sales.. 20 Ex if he bought everything not caring about prices.
Essence Drain should be refilling your Energy Shield when you kill monsters. What does your gear look like? You should have roughly about 1-2k Energy Shield.. so it should not be draining faster than you are getting it back.
Also make sure not to run STRAIGHT into the monsters, we are a mage.. not a melee tank.
So the bow costs about 4 Exalted Orbs JUST for the bench costs. You are looking at roughly 8-10 Ex for a full crafted one, but this is the END-END game bow.
For now actually I would look into buying a 6-Link Short bow for about 30 Chaos.. and Alteration Orb spamming it until you get "+1 to Level of Socketed Gems." You will use an Orb of Augmentation on it afterwards.. and then a Regal orb.
After doing the steps above, you will need to go to the Path Of Exile Shop forums (Located here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/1534 and find someone trusted to craft "Chaos Damage Over Time Multiplier."
Once this is achieved, you need to color the bow to be 3 Blue - 2 Green - 1 Red and then after that you can socket all of your gems into the bow and it will give you a huge DPS increase.
As for you liking Bane more.. I would test out Contagion and Essence Drain and see if you like it at all over Bane. If you don't like the playstyle.. I would look into a Bane Occultist
"
Heamnay wrote:
Hallo,
first, thank you for this build it is a lot of fun looking at everything dying :)
Still I have some questions about possible improvements.
I'm running T5 maps rn and everything is fun doing Delirium stuff but i find myself little bit squishy. Have you any ideas how to improve so ill be bit tankier?
Here's my PoB: https://pastebin.com/N64j8jA8
I'm currently using your lvl90 Done tree but with all those uniques I'm at 2300 life which is pretty low.
I'd appertiate any advices!
/edit: changed my tree to something like your lvl100 pob, so I'm now at 5,4k es and doing good so far, need some more improvement like unnatural instinct, better bow, better empower, but it's all coming together!
I would try to cap your Chaos Resistance if you find yourself squishy. It looks like you are only at 39% resistance.
I am currently CI, and once I did that I found myself getting one shot a lot less to the Delirium monsters.
I pulled up your Pastebin. I made you a new pastebin. It also looks like you are missing some skill points? Type /passives.
I recommend following the skill-tree I made for you: https://pastebin.com/BUhMJVPi
If you can afford too, buy some better rings, gloves, and boots, and a helmet with higher Energy Shield on them.
As for your damage I would look into getting the craft "36-40% Chaos Damage Multiplier Over Time" crafted on your bow.
Buy an Essence Drain level 21.
Buy a Vaal Blight
"
Noshtech wrote:
Hi, very helpful thank you.
What do you think about a vaaled [Skin of the Loyal Simple Robe] with +3 to socketed Gems?
Thanks :)
Hi! Skin of the Loyal would be an ideal build for CI with an Atziri's Reflection and a Coward's Legacy. For being a Low-Life build, we cannot drop the Shavronne's Wrapping's.
I actually am tempted to fully do CI this league, but I am hearing really great things about the Low-life Essence Drain.
Also one huge problem with a +3 Loyal is how expensive it is. If you can afford it, you can already afford a full low-life build and then have some left over.. However a CI build is probably the BEST late game in terms of survivability vs dmg output, it just costs the most..
"
Diablo2lord wrote:
For the ACT 3 portion of the leveling guide. When I have all Bane - Despair - Poachers - Temporal together they are all grey except Bane. Once I take Bane off they are able to all be used again. Am I doing something wrong there? Is there a way to make them all work at once with one click? Thanks
Hello! So I believe you are trying to use the curses as they are?
You should just be casting "Bane" having it linked with those curses - Despair - Poacher's Mark - Temporal Chains. The curses give Bane an increased amount of Damage per curse applied, and also using Bane applies each curse linked.
Also make sure you have 2 Doedre's Damning rings!
Last edited by Havoc209 on Mar 20, 2020, 9:25:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info