Let's Discuss This League / Standard Trading Listing Feature

"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
"
Stacey_GGG wrote:
Thanks for your report, but as mentioned by dorkdude2, this is not a bug.

Individual players set whether they are shown as Online or Offline across all Leagues, or only the one they are currently playing in. In this situation, it sounds like you have sent trade messages to players who have their Online Status here set to Show my Status on All Leagues. It is possible they are unaware of this setting.



Yeah it seems like 95% of the players are unaware actually. Ended up making a post to address that with you guys, asking for either

1) A pop up reminder at log in of a league char (similar to when a respect comes) or

2) Just to outright disable listings unless your playing in the respective league.

The league listings are double dipping by being mixed in with the standard listings, also nearly all league players don't want to trade in standard during league and refuse to switch over even if it's for 30 seconds.

Any chance of either one of those 2? It'd be an excellent win win solution for everyone cause it's a common and big issue that happens everyday. Would solve a lot of confusion. Btw thank you for the time to reply.






Ok so it turns out it's not a bug, but this definitely is an issue for both league and standard players alike.
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
well i get your point, but i dont think it is as easy to solve as you think ...

my last trades which i did where players who were in league and switched the char to standard ( even to thoses cases are rare )

IMO just ignore all items which are listed for 3+month in standard econemy they will 100% not switch the leagues, since thoses players dont care about standard
30 Shores with Double Pack / Breach / Max Sextants https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006424/page/1
First Selfmade Build as Sparker ( MF ) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637690
1 Million Tool Tip Dps Sparker https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1761162

"
KillerKrug wrote:
well i get your point, but i dont think it is as easy to solve as you think ...

my last trades which i did where players who were in league and switched the char to standard ( even to thoses cases are rare )

IMO just ignore all items which are listed for 3+month in standard econemy they will 100% not switch the leagues, since thoses players dont care about standard




It should be an easy fix actually. This has been going on for much too long now. It's a widespread issue that's out of control.







"
WoT_Seanchan wrote:
"
Novynn wrote:
Players have to opt-in to be shown as online in all leagues. The default setting is to show them only in their current league.

The setting to change this can be found here.



I honestly think almost all league players either dont know about that or forgot. It wouldn't make sense for them to keep the postings on, but refuse to trade. It shouldn't even be an option to intentionally clog up the listings, when their not even logged onto a char within the league it's posted on.

You know how if a player puts on /dnd and the listing is removed; same concept. People seem to be bothered or act very disturbed when they get a message about an item of their own postings. Seems backward.

Anyway to set league listings to be locked into whatever league they are currently in by default, while making the option to trade in other leagues based on having to repost the listings? This way the list is refreshed and updated only if they individually repost it?

The way it's currently setup is no different from cross league trading, which is against the rules.
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
GGG, if league player trade listings appears while searching for Standard posts, then why isn't it the other way around? Because it doesn't make sense to show posts that aren't relevant to the league it's for. This is the exact instance of the issue in question.

You know how you want to fix any instances of abuse, well this is one of ones that need to be fixed. It's been abused because it's outright CROSS LEAGUE TRADING. Any listings that appear for Standard, should only appear when playing on Standard league. It's wasted space on the listings and takes longer for searches to appear.

The only exception that would make sense is SSF however, if this fix would not be possible then so be it. It's easy for people to say "oh then just go on to the next listing", which leads to going through 10 + different listings; ALL of them with players in temp leagues, instead of the Standard for which the item is listed in.

Standard league players have to work twice as hard to do simple trades, because players are ignoring the option they have to turn off the trade listings. The common excused used is "I don't trade in Standard unless it's for x amount", which WOULD be fine if the item listed were to be for that EXACT SAME x amount. If it's not important enough to switch chars for 30 secs then it's not important enough to continue being listed.


============================================================================






TL;DR: The solution to fix this would be to automatically disable trade listings from appearing, if the player is logged on to a char outside of the respective league's trade listing.
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
Anything GGG?
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
Wasn't in tonight's patch :((
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
Bump. Good Morning GGG
I rarely post, but when I do it's important. Fighting for the player, not monsters! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/880487

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2300612
Anything GGG can do to make the trade experience less efficient and more frustrating, they WILL DO.

Because Chris does not believe in the multi-player gaming experience; he wants ZERO trade. They only reason it's on the main site is because of third party sites.
"
KillerKrug wrote:
well i get your point, but i dont think it is as easy to solve as you think ...

my last trades which i did where players who were in league and switched the char to standard ( even to thoses cases are rare )

IMO just ignore all items which are listed for 3+month in standard econemy they will 100% not switch the leagues, since thoses players dont care about standard


100%, you seem quite sure of yourself
I have league swapped for items listed over a year ago, just can't be bothered to reprice check them.
It's very annoying when you are trying to buy an item off a seller to better your build, and they ignore you. Just take off the listed item if you have listed an item to sell and you choose to ignore the buyer, ESPECIALLY if you are online. This issue needs to be resolved ASAP

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info