The recent build/ascendancy balance is hilarious

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?sort=depth-solo

7 out of top 10 delvers are deadeyes. 4 of em use bows (prolly in a mine setup, I didn't go in detail..) and 3 of them icicle miners.

One of them has 28 total ehp. Yes, you read that right!

As long as they fit the niche and excel at it (delving), it's hard to foresee it will ever get buffed in the near future.
Deep delve is as much a niche as saying they level quickly, as in it isn't one.

Being good at delve itself would be a good niche, but deadeyes aren't good at actually delving :p only the one shot roulette for the deep delve dick measuring.

I suspect we will see a buff for rangers in the next league or two, they are definitely the furthest behind ascendancies right now though they could fix that laterally by buffing the passive tree or the skills they tend to use too.
sorry to heard that.

purely a Chris Wilson's problem.
"
but deadeyes aren't good at actually delving :p

What does this mean? With enough damage it is impossible for the delve monsters to actually kill you traveling from node to node. Then there is a specific tactic for each delve room. The azurite ones are of course the easiest, most of the others require you to sit in a specific spot (for example right below the summoner in the zombie room).

Maybe the worst that could happen is to get nailed by rare/magic affixes like elemental thorns, heralds of obelisk or final grasp.

Last edited by Johny_Snow on Jul 8, 2020, 2:37:53 PM
not to mention Juggs...
survive phy dmg but die from a elemental fart
i died to a spider spit today
"
jabeleta wrote:
not to mention Juggs...
survive phy dmg but die from a elemental fart
i died to a spider spit today

to be fair, spider spit is usually chaos, unless it was one of those pseudo-spider revenant cheeky fucks that instead of chaos, spits ice? and then spams DD, which is a separate problem
"How do you lure the Elder to the centre of the Atlas?"
"A box trap with some candy should do the trick"
who need deadeye if you can play champion impale with tailwind boots :(
"
jeerinho wrote:
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?sort=depth-solo

7 out of top 10 delvers are deadeyes. 4 of em use bows (prolly in a mine setup, I didn't go in detail..) and 3 of them icicle miners.

One of them has 28 total ehp. Yes, you read that right!

As long as they fit the niche and excel at it (delving), it's hard to foresee it will ever get buffed in the near future.

They are accompanied by aurabots. If you try deep delve and solo, it is extremely tiring.
They should delete pathfinder then buff the passive survivability of ranger tree. Also fix raider and pathfinder ascendancy. make their ascendant more than that plain stats buff. Deadeye has projectile return before and they remove it for reason?
Raider doesn't even have exclusive primal use of frenzy charges, she should at least has +3 frenzy charges, with avatar of the slaughter grant MORE, not increased in her own ascendancy, with some skill like "spectral frenzy" which grant her chance to deal damage with a spectral copy of herself (like the beasts with einhair). Goddamn shadow do frenzy build better than raider herself.

But pathfinder has to ruin everything with her stupid infinite flask sustaining mechanic - "olala I press 12345 and I am a tank".

The amount of investment you need to get raider and deadeye to be on pair with pathfinder's performance is some ridiculous crap. Other class ascendancy is even better in SPEED, DAMAGE and SUSTAIN at the same amount of investment you put into raider/deadeye (at the casual level). I'm so done.

Not even talking about WITCH!
Need more frontal assets and backal assets armor!
"
demonstorm wrote:
Can anyone explain to me how is it possible for a bow build to be infinitely more powerful as a champion (an ascendancy that should be general purpose for physical builds) than the archetype ascendancy, deadeye?

I've invested several exalts into a bow deadeye and I barely tickle guardians. With my champion impale build, I destroy them in 2 seconds. MOREOVER, my deadeye dies in 2 hits at most, despite fortify in bottle, 4.2k hp and a lot of evasion/dodge (this doesn't help if you get hit, yes, which is another problem of its own), while my champion can facetank a ton of stuff.

I've been playing deadeye since I can remember and this is the second time (first one being in metamorph) that I've rage quit off my elemental bow build due to how miserable the damage/survivability is. It's disappointing to be honest.

I know this may seem like a rage post (it is btw), but I can't possibly fathom how things got to this point. Monsters have been buffed ad infinitum alongside physical builds, while they had the audacity to nerf tornado shot / elemental jewels into the ground. Meta rotation is one thing. This isn't it.

The game is not designed so the lowest common denominator will succeed. The content is designed so people WILL fail to progress.

The build tree is entirely open. They don’t limit their players like other games do, so any starting point can do anything. Of course there are going to be people that find ways to abuse that. That does lead to meta builds, but they don’t want to same builds constantly dominating. That is why they nerf meta builds into the ground. They want people to find news ways to succeed each league.

There is no “true” balance. Their balancing is making sure builds change each league.
Last edited by fomori2 on Jul 12, 2020, 3:44:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info