It's time to buff ranger side of tree survivability

Back when you could distance yourself from the threat consistently, the lack of survivability combined with decent damage output of the ranger related builds were not bad. Now that everything basically jumps on your head and you really need to be able to tank a few hits, the archetype of dealing damage from afar is gone. Examples include delirium monsters that either deal instant damage from distance or that leap on you, betrayal interventions, legion rares that have aoe half the screen at minimum, breach enemies that you can't avoid most of the time, A LOT of bosses that weren't a threat before now are a significant threat because they die a lot slower (e.g. chimera), proximity shields (especially on new content monsters such as in blight maps). I could go on forever, but you get the point.

It's time to buff the minor life nodes from 4% to 5% and the major ones that grant 8% to 10% so we don't have to travel half of tree just to get constitution (which is a bad choice in itself). This is far from what it takes to make ranger builds viable, but it's a much needed start for a LOT of builds that start there.
Last bumped on Sep 17, 2020, 10:59:08 AM
No. Ranged is dominating PoE since forever, they don't need to be more powerfull.

If anything needs to be buffed is melee.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds. If your build can't survive that or a lag spike it's because you suck, period. Post your PoB so the PoE experts can analyse and help improve your build."
I think basic methods of survivability in general should be buffed: armour, evasion, and to a lesser degree es/life. I'd like to see more reliance on the basic defenses and less reliance on cwdt setups, specific uniques with powerful defensive buffs, expensive influenced mods, etc. while still leaving those things valuable and desirable as layers of defense.

I'm not sure exactly what this would look like, but the status quo of melting bosses in less than a second being the best (and sometimes only) defense is just annoying.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
"
frostzor27 wrote:
No. Ranged is dominating PoE since forever, they don't need to be more powerfull.

Have you taken a look at the last 2 leagues? Since health was buffed on monsters/especially bosses, ranger builds were left in the dirt and a whooping 3% deadeye builds exist to prove that and most of them aren't even used to clear content but to farm low level maps.

If you nerf something, it doesn't mean you need to kill them. GGG always does this thing wrong. They nerf something then then ALSO buff monsters, so that something falls back twice.

Regardless, your feedback as a juggernaut / necromancer player is absolutely meaningless in this thread since you have no idea what I'm talking about.
My honest opinion is if you are playing an archer, don't play a ranger.

Assassins, Jug, Champions are all better rangers than 'rangers' lol.

Raiderz is good but people plays raiderz for flicker most and other melees and not for using a bow.

In terms of evasion, rangers arent better than assasins too lmao.

Scion is the least popular followed by ranger, for good reasons.

When GGG nerfs bows, it is because other classes are outdoing rangers, not because rangers are strong. When GGG buff rangers, it is for the sake of other classes to use bow.

Well, that my opinion why ranger will always be the weakest class.
"
demonstorm wrote:
"
frostzor27 wrote:

Have you taken a look at the last 2 leagues? Since health was buffed on monsters/especially bosses, ranger builds were left in the dirt and a whooping 3% deadeye builds exist to prove that and most of them aren't even used to clear content but to farm low level maps.

If you nerf something, it doesn't mean you need to kill them. GGG always does this thing wrong. They nerf something then then ALSO buff monsters, so that something falls back twice.

Regardless, your feedback as a juggernaut / necromancer player is absolutely meaningless in this thread since you have no idea what I'm talking about.

I think YOU don't have any idea. Ranged players don't need more buffs, they need more nerfs.
"There's no thing like random one-shots in this game. You only die because you take 353,456,237 hits in 0.2 seconds. If your build can't survive that or a lag spike it's because you suck, period. Post your PoB so the PoE experts can analyse and help improve your build."
They should massively buff HP/ per level to put less pressure on builds to get as many life nodes as possible
Need more brains, exile?
"
frostzor27 wrote:
I think YOU don't have any idea. Ranged players don't need more buffs, they need more nerfs.

Imagine being so delusional.
"
demonstorm wrote:
"
frostzor27 wrote:

Imagine being so delusional.

Don't need, have you :)
Rangers have already been getting all of the nerfs they can get. Even the rework league they got was mostly a net nerf with no Ascendancy reworks and this league Bleed Bow builds became way more gear dependent.

I think it's fine that there's an extra 10% of life somewhere in the Dex tree.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info