It's time to buff ranger side of tree survivability

"
Draegnarrr wrote:
Rangers need 2 things IMO, firstly EO is too mandatory for any elemental damage build that isn't crit so it either needs moving more central or a better solution IMO is roll it into a support.

This is something i strongly agree. Elemental Overload should move towards south a bit more. Spellcasters in the north never had any damage problems.
Last edited by zzang on May 15, 2020, 2:01:26 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
I don't like or play ranger side of tree anymore. It's not enough life there and too squishy for my taste.

It might be good balance for ranged charachters but melee assassins and other builds like that suffer the consequences for being in that location of the tree.

Agreed. They cannot put more life on Ranger side because bow builds have historically been very strong and they are worried about bow / projectile players getting too much survivability.

For Ranger bow:
You can play at range,
You have high mobility,
And if you wanted high HP you can just strap on Kaom's Heart and still have a full 6L.

For Ranger melee it's much harder:
You cannot wear Kaom's unless you go Oni Goroshi, or go 2H'er. 2H pathing for Ranger is less efficient compared to bow pathing, and has no off-hand slot like bows have with quivers

Additionally there is no Ranger Ascendancy that specifically boosts Ranger melee. As a result Ranger melee will be weaker than other melee classes in terms of DPS and survivability.

Raider is not melee-specific and can be used by bow players which is why Raider's damage is mediocre and her survivability is mediocre. Until GGG changes her to be melee-specific.

+1

It does need a survivability buff!

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril

Crazy Basketball Trickshots Training: https://youtu.be/xsBALzj6bjM
Seems more like a ranger ascendancy problem than main passive tree problem
Check out ”Bjorns Boss Services” here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2119500
After completing the service,please vouch my thread,vouches are greatly appreciated!
"
Thor_Inica wrote:

Yes. It's a Raider problem. I feel Ranger bows/projectiles are fine, but Ranger melee is not.

Raider needs to be melee-specific, and given either high survivability, or very high melee damage (to compensate for lower survivabiilty).

Survivability is very difficult to give to Raider and prevent bow players from just picking Raider.

So giving her higher melee damage would be easier. Things like melee reflections, or even hollow palm would have been nice to have as a Raider keystone.

Because right now there is really no point playing Raider melee unless you just like playing as Ranger. Her damage and HP doesn't cut it compared to other melee classes like Berserker and Champion.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Thor_Inica wrote:

Yes. It's a Raider problem. I feel Ranger bows/projectiles are fine, but Ranger melee is not.

Raider needs to be melee-specific, and given either high survivability, or very high melee damage (to compensate for lower survivabiilty).

Survivability is very difficult to give to Raider and prevent bow players from just picking Raider.

So giving her higher melee damage would be easier. Things like melee reflections, or even hollow palm would have been nice to have as a Raider keystone.

Because right now there is really no point playing Raider melee unless you just like playing as Ranger. Her damage and HP doesn't cut it compared to other melee classes like Berserker and Champion.

It's all 3 ranger ascendencies which imo does make it at least partially a passive tree problem. In hc all ranger classes are rock bottom in popularity, and the issue definitely isn't the damage coming from bow skills.

The only times I personally run into rangers ingame are:

a) HH deadeyes, who power farms yellow maps and still dies occasionally
b) ultra deep delvers, which is kind of degenerate gameplay imo

Honestly raider is probably the tankiest of the 3 ranger classes.
There is a reason why the rangers are the least popular classes nowadays. Repeated nerfs every league also contribute to it.

GGG is forcing players to play full dex for rangers and to use a specify Dex-Life item because ranger life really cannot make it.

Without the uniques, rangers are actually unplayable because the skill tree on the ranger side is a terrible joke.

All the rangers build that I know only have one type of build, critical, critical dmg and dex.
STR gives raw life and has better acces to endurance charges (phys damage reduction), INT gives ES and mana that can be turned into ES or used with mind over matter, DEX gets evasion that works wonders until it fails and the whole damage goes right trhow and since POE is full of spike damage is not a suprise that a low health low damage mitigation class has trouble staying alive.

DEX realy needs to be updated to be able to either get more health or better mitigation, May be a new keystone say a global 1% reduced damage taken every 100 DEX
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

I used t play Ranger-Archer before Syndicate, and I wold like to play Ranger-Archer. But I play ED to be able to play, not die all the time to something.
"
MisterAL wrote:
I used t play Ranger-Archer before Syndicate, and I wold like to play Ranger-Archer. But I play ED to be able to play, not die all the time to something.

well.. if you, at lvl 92, use Le Heup of All and Dream Frags while also using Alleopathy + few other no-life pieces then.. no wonder

Ranger survivability is fine, after cluster jewels and Wind Dancer, BONKERS Enduring Cry pretty much available to all you can make rangers (archers and whatnot) as tanky as you please while STILL preserving the innate standoff safety and damage

it is more L2P issue than anything else

and the 'reason why rangers' are not popular is simple. Archer classes offer you dumb munitions (unguided rockets, iron bombs, big stones). effective, cost-efficient.

sadly, someone decided to give cruise missiles for free (VD, Summoners, Brands) and for a better measure bundled 1 year of house-keeping subscription and free shipping.

so if anyone is in the 'ranged, safe, cheap' build why pick unguided rockets for 10$ a piece when you get tomahawks for .50$? like seriously - why bother?

it is not about survivability. it is about frankly idiot-proof setups (vd, summoners) who do the same thing, use the same playstyle but are better in every way

unless you can make a VD/necro as a ranger - dont expect changes. melee is 'fresh' so people tried that (and left, it is subpar choice, despite being made better in many aspects), self-casting is a f.. joke compared to spellslingers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info