It's time to buff ranger side of tree survivability

This thread is so spot on MMM I share the same concern as my fellow players right side of the tree is soooo bad when it comes to survivability it used to do so as well but it feels like a wet toilet paper now right and left side of the tree used to feel much more balanced when it comes to survivability

Mostly I see stuff like this nowadays for the left side of the tree you get dmg reduction for the right side of tree you get chance to avoid I play 70-60 attack and spell dodge character but goddamn I cant dodge a singe hit from monsters I ve played for like a goddamn week the same character whenever a deadly shit attacks me 90% of the time I m dead cant dodge for some goddamn reason I feel like those dodge chances might be seeded aswell

ANYONE WHO SAYS RANGER'S DEFENCES ARE FINE PLAY A GODDAMN NECROPOLİS OR INDOOR MAP LİKE DUNGEON MAP AND OPEN A MARAKETH MONOLITH AS SOON AS YOU OPEN IT GAME COMMANDS YOU TO DIE YOU DONT NEED MONSTERS TO DIE ON AN OCCASION LIKE THAT I DOUBLE DARE ANYONE YOU DONT NEED TO STAND AND ATTACK I DOUBLE DARE

PS: I Have 70% Chance to dodge up most of the time waries between 65-75 dodge chance have 4m clearing dps wind dancer and 4.8k life with considerable amount of evasion just try it without posting stuff like ooh its rangers defences are balanced yea go ahead and put those chance to avoids to test

Also if it is sooo balanced why is there like 2% people playing legitimate ranger builds
Last edited by blocker2 on Jul 12, 2020, 4:31:27 PM
4800 life at lvl 90+? it is your fault. sorry, cluster jewels exist and you can get all the life you want from these

'left side gets damage mitigation'? LOL WTF? you mean Armour? noone uses armour, it is useless mechanic. you get some by accident but noone buys gear 'for the armour rating' on it. the only difference is fortify and that you can get as well if you really want it

all other 'damage taken reductions' were removed from the tree for some reason

yet again, it is your fault you overspent on damage and cheaped out on defences.

where is your Enduring Cry? you use Steelskin on CWDT (aka it procs randomly and does jack sh..) where is Decoy Totem? basic tools you can use and decide not to. cool

stuff like blind (why some casters use Blood & Sand aura? for that free blind), endurance charges, manual use of guard skills - these are all free. you skip on them.

your choice, but stop with this 'rangers are so weak BY design' nonsense. it is no longer the case. simply bow builds suck hoddibly compared to spellslingers VD/DD/Arc and summoners that do the same job but better

btw - ive played both Venom Gyre and Pestilent Strike to 92+ and these were amazingly good builds with no survivability issues whatsoever. and that was BEFORE cluster jewels.

get yourself a pair of these:

i can understand complaints about large clusters crafting. this is bad. but small ones? spam alts, regal, done.

and monoliths? i dont remember dying to them this patch. like honestly how can you die to them (ofc excluding lag-to-death but im not affected)? if you are squishy time yourself to be at the edge when it pops and work them from one angle only. you can easily offscreen this stuff, even in closed maps
Last edited by sidtherat on Jul 12, 2020, 5:02:48 PM
"
sidtherat wrote:
4800 life at lvl 90+? it is your fault. sorry, cluster jewels exist and you can get all the life you want from these

'left side gets damage mitigation'? LOL WTF? you mean Armour? noone uses armour, it is useless mechanic. you get some by accident but noone buys gear 'for the armour rating' on it. the only difference is fortify and that you can get as well if you really want it

yet again, it is your fault you overspent on damage and cheaped out on defences.

where is your Enduring Cry? you use Steelskin on CWDT (aka it procs randomly and does jack sh..) where is Decoy Totem? basic tools you can use and decide not to. cool

stuff like blind (why some casters use Blood & Sand aura? for that free blind), endurance charges, manual use of guard skills - these are all free. you skip on them.

your choice, but stop with this 'rangers are so weak BY design' nonsense. it is no longer the case. simply bow builds suck hoddibly compared to spellslingers VD/DD/Arc and summoners that do the same job but better

btw - ive played both Venom Gyre and Pestilent Strike to 92+ and these were amazingly good builds with no survivability issues whatsoever. and that was BEFORE cluster jewels.

i can understand complaints about large clusters crafting. this is bad. but small ones? spam alts, regal, done.

and monoliths? i dont remember dying to them this patch. like honestly how can you die to them (ofc excluding lag-to-death but im not affected)? if you are squishy time yourself to be at the edge when it pops and work them from one angle only. you can easily offscreen this stuff, even in closed maps

Its easy to blow smoke out when you are not playing a ranger this league go play right side of the tree and come and say the same stuff again I sait I dare you its simple as getting a bow character in ssf to lv97 in 2 weeks its a legit challange go try it

PS: if you use flesh and stone not blood and sand btw just to blind enemy I need to remind you that stibnite flask exists for a goddamn purpose also you lose like 20% dmg from misusage of auras but how do I know right I just play bad but you with your infinite game knowlegde go conquer the right side of the tree

Those monolith monsters mostly cover huge area and are ranged for a reason which also renders blind from flesh and stone aura useless if you are not melee so you r welcome to try a bow build a normal one supposedly SSF one and get frustrated ooh boy I d love to watch you explore how bad bow and ranger survivability is

Before clusters bosses had %25 of their current life poison builds didnt get buffed (yes clusters dont buff you that much like other builds look it up theres only one poison node on all large cluster types so it sucks and medium clusters are also kinda weak they dont offer any QOL or damage when comparing to other builds if you use perfect notables they can buff you like 15% at best I mean very very best) yes they do good damage but cost of survivability gravely but most of the builds get dps up to the levels of poison builds while maintaining huge life pool and pretty solid layers of defences no one plays poison attack buidls and bow builds for a goddamn reason where they should be pretty generic builds they left to be the hipster ones since when shooting an arrow with a bow and poisoning with a dagger is hipster explain me this
Last edited by blocker2 on Jul 12, 2020, 5:54:13 PM
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
+1

It does need a survivability buff!

It got two, "Wind Dancer" and "No Witnesses".
3.11💀 Death Angel /view-thread/2784358 *3.10 🔨Icebreaker /view-thread/2686278
3.11 Ultimate Poison Pathfinder /view-thread/2639074
3.11 Oni-Goroshi Slayer Cyclone /view-thread/2554593
3.10 Elementalist Incinerate /view-thread/2318921
3.10 Chieftain Incinerate /view-thread/2506867
"
"
EKTELESTES wrote:
+1

It does need a survivability buff!

It got two, "Wind Dancer" and "No Witnesses".

no witnesses was in the game and wind dancer is not that well rounded buff I think it doesnt cover ranger's weaknesses that well but its not that tree oriented I think its rather weak ascendany kinda stuff
"
blocker2 wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

Its easy to blow smoke out when you are not playing a ranger this league go play right side of the tree and come and say the same stuff again I sait I dare you its simple as getting a bow character in ssf to lv97 in 2 weeks its a legit challange go try it

PS: if you use flesh and stone not blood and sand btw just to blind enemy I need to remind you that stibnite flask exists for a goddamn purpose also you lose like 20% dmg from misusage of auras but how do I know right I just play bad but you with your infinite game knowlegde go conquer the right side of the tree

Those monolith monsters mostly cover huge area and are ranged for a reason which also renders blind from flesh and stone aura useless if you are not melee so you r welcome to try a bow build a normal one supposedly SSF one and get frustrated ooh boy I d love to watch you explore how bad bow and ranger survivability is

Before clusters bosses had %25 of their current life poison builds didnt get buffed (yes clusters dont buff you that much like other builds look it up theres only one poison node on all large cluster types so it sucks and medium clusters are also kinda weak they dont offer any QOL or damage when comparing to other builds if you use perfect notables they can buff you like 15% at best I mean very very best) yes they do good damage but cost of survivability gravely but most of the builds get dps up to the levels of poison builds while maintaining huge life pool and pretty solid layers of defences no one plays poison attack buidls and bow builds for a goddamn reason where they should be pretty generic builds they left to be the hipster ones since when shooting an arrow with a bow and poisoning with a dagger is hipster explain me this

calling it a missuse of mana reservation when it does what the user wants it to do (mana for better defences) isnt very smart.

maybe you fail to notice,but you have to give up something if you want defences
be it be passiv points,itemstats or mana

you dont want to invest anything in defences and yet want to have enough of them

just a little advise (feel free to ignor it)
at some point more dmg more dmg becomes a lot less attractive than investing into defences

they key to fully enjoy the game is a good balance between offensive and defencive
the balance you aim for might be a bit different how and where (hc/non hc) you play,its still required though

pushing a fight from 2min to 1min isnt as profitable than surviving an additional hit,if it makes you beating the boss a lot more likely
"where is your Enduring Cry? you use Steelskin on CWDT (aka it procs randomly and does jack sh..) where is Decoy Totem? basic tools you can use and decide not to. cool"

I use disciple of the slaughter for 3 end charges so I dont stop and cast a warcry I cant get anything off of it since I get one shotted when I stop also I cant use decoy totem it dies in one hit requires a lot of strength if I would have gotten more strength while I m there I might as well play at the left side of the tree and if I did we wouldnt have makin this conversation arent we OMG some statements are just so awful look at that decoy totem? really those havent been used since 2018 you know why? there are literally much much much effective totems in the game like a wither spell totem that slows enemy movements or ancestral protector why do some people intervene just to sake of impairing one's statements
Last edited by blocker2 on Jul 12, 2020, 7:22:25 PM
"they key to fully enjoy the game is a good balance between offensive and defencive"

Ok so explain to me how necromancer fits in this category I can wait a whole league

Also how can you be defensive when playing a bow build and being a ranger I need to know what can I get? fortify, evasion, dodge, blind I need to know man something I must be missing it as far as I see without pouring like mirrors into a build I cant see any bow build running t15-16s reliably like going past lv95
few pointers/hints you might consider:

1) SSF is for advanced players that know what they are doing. SSF means that the gear you can normally use to fix issues (like getting an item with your desired stats AND 50 STR to fix attribute reuirements) might be hard to come by.
dont blame me or anyone else for YOUR choice. game is NOT balanced around SSF. so dont ask people to do something (that is silly in the first place, btw) in SSF. it has no merit.

not to mention that you DO NOT play SSF.. so whats your point again?

2) lots of words on your side but fact is, you are wrong. people DO play attack poison builds, people DO play bows (to shot arrows, caster bow carriers sicken me..), people use these chars to clear tough/tricky stuff like Aul and Cortex and farm Sirus, no problem.

where they differ is that they seem to somehow get to 5500-6500 life range, not 4800 and their passive trees look different to your trees.

there are 20 Pestilent Strikers right now on the ladder. it is one of the nicest skills to play and if they get to 93+, that means that they dont die that frequently (if at all). all of these are on the 'bad side of the tree', mostly pathfinders

3) top-left side of the tree is life/ES hybrid. if you are unaware this playstyle has been buffed SIGNIFICANTLY with timeless jewels and then even more with clusters. you can EASILY reach 4k life/4k ES and leech/regen to BOTH right now. that ofc requires vastly different way of building, different items etc but it can be done. check "Corrupted Soul" and start from there. Tricksters are build EXACTLY around such idea

4) Necromancer? figure that out. you seem to understand this game perfectly so you should know why necro is so good

5) cluster jewels. use these. like seriously, your passive is full of nodes that make no sense when you can get good medium + 2*Fettle

"
I use disciple of the slaughter for 3 end charges so I dont stop and cast a warcry I cant get anything off of it since I get one shotted when I stop also I cant use decoy totem it dies in one hit requires a lot of strength if I would have gotten more strength while I m there I might as well play at the left side of the tree and if I did we wouldnt have makin this conversation arent we OMG some statements are just so awful look at that decoy totem? really those havent been used since 2018 you know why? there are literally much much much effective totems in the game like a wither spell totem that slows enemy movements or ancestral protector why do some people intervene just to sake of impairing one's statements

so you make bad choices.
Enduring Cry is there to grant you sick life regen, extra damage reduction and keep up your charges in boss fights. i dont believe you need charges while clearing. if you do - your char is just too little life, not enough layers. and how are you getting hit in the first place playing ranged skill?
STR you get from items, try it, it is extra life after all. and Decoy totem.. you are SO WRONG on this one. SO WRONG. Decoy Totem is so busted it makes some bosses literally harmless.

you playing 'left side' wont magically fix your character. it is not a matter of side chosen but amount of life/defences taken. options are there.
Just as a little reference on the "tankyness" of ranger bow builds.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Deadeye&skill=Barrage,Ice-Shot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info