COVID-19 Megathread

The best way to know what's happening is from someone in the thick of the battle.

As always, thank you for your service and updates, Molochmane. I hope you're getting enough rest and support <3

A huge question mark seems to be the long term after effects of infection.

--------

Globally, the numbers have been better comparatively to what we've been seeing, which is odd because two days ago was the highest active new case load to date.

Hopefully this is evidence that the isolation/physical distancing measures are starting to pay off. As more and more people/countries take Covid-19 seriously, we will all benefit.
Getting through this pandemic will require leaders of countries to help ALL of their citizens. Even the ones who don't worship them. #DontBeASpreader #InScienceWeTrust Remember the term: #NegligentHomicide
Last edited by The_Impeacher on Apr 26, 2020, 8:36:47 PM
"
The_Impeacher wrote:
The best way to know what's happening is from someone in the thick of the battle.

As always, thank you for your service and updates, Molochmane. I hope you're getting enough rest and support <3

A huge question mark seems to be the long term after effects of infection.

--------

Globally, the numbers have been better comparatively to what we've been seeing, which is odd because two days ago was the highest active new case load to date.

Hopefully this is evidence that the isolation/physical distancing measures are starting to pay off. As more and more people/countries take Covid-19 seriously, we will all benefit.

I expected the number of deaths to increase drastically 7 to 12 days after Easter in the US. They did.

While this isn't proof that it's the cause, the correlation is pretty high.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
I think the deaths are a direct result of the 'active case' load. That number has been going up each day except in the few countries that have slowed it.

We have to think of deaths each day as a result of where the active case load was at 2-4 weeks prior.
Getting through this pandemic will require leaders of countries to help ALL of their citizens. Even the ones who don't worship them. #DontBeASpreader #InScienceWeTrust Remember the term: #NegligentHomicide
"
Molochmane wrote:
It's been a couple of weeks from my last update. Just finished my 3 day 12 hr shift rotation. Overall, our city public health had identified dozens hot spots of covid outbreaks from long term care facilities (no surprise there) and been admitting the elderly COVID. So far, pretty much anyone who have been ending up needing the ventilator has the highest mortality rate (see similar data coming from NYC). Good news, those who needed supplemental oxygen, never went to ICU, end up being discharged back home.

Off course couple of my co-workers starting to have symptoms of covid-19 and I'm hoping they'll get better when time passes. For now, the only treatment we have is supportive care, and any cure or vaccine will be months of years away by the looks of it.

We're still too early in the game and we cannot be complacent. unlike the flu this virus can ravage the body causing fibrotic changes in the lungs, damages the heart, blood vessels, coagulation issues, multiorgan failure.

Thank you for the update and thank you for doing such a tough challenging job. I have a daughter that is a nurse in the critical care ward of a hospital. She's been putting in four 12 hour days a week. It sounds brutal to me. I don't know how you heroes do it. Thanks again!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will apparently eventually implement a different method for ascension. Yippee!
The number of deaths will lag behind the reduction in cases because people sometimes stay alive at hospitals for weeks until they die. Fact is thought that Europe is getting better and will start reopening. This will be the moment of truth - can we live somewhat until proper medical protection is invented.
If I were a hostile nation to USA I wouldnt even waste money on nukes or destroyers and such. USA is easily crippled by a virus + MSM who sells if it bleeds it leads + a fragile population. Meanwhile China is smartly totally open now. And I guess that's the only place we can shop since we stupidly shut our economy down.
What happened to the "Don't tread on me" Americans?

It’s easier to fool the masses than to convince them that they are being fooled. -Mark Twain

Give a fish they'll steal a whale. Teach to fish and they'll eat forever.
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 27, 2020, 2:14:36 AM
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
The number of deaths will lag behind the reduction in cases because people sometimes stay alive at hospitals for weeks until they die. Fact is thought that Europe is getting better and will start reopening. This will be the moment of truth - can we live somewhat until proper medical protection is invented.

You need a moment of truth. Like we mostly we had it and it's like the flu. All serological surveys are proving it. Nations who didnt lock down prove it.

Don't worry we'll be fine.

It’s easier to fool the masses than to convince them that they are being fooled. -Mark Twain

Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 27, 2020, 2:34:27 AM
Your truth, my truth, truth is not something you impose on people.
Here is a little math lesson for you. More than 10% of the population of Iceland was tested. That is around 40,000 people. 1,792 cases were found.

I'll let you calculate how many Icelanders caught the virus.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Your truth, my truth, truth is not something you impose on people.

No truth is just that truth.

Did you see this one? Every prisoner tested. 95% had it 5% got sick. None died.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-prisons-testing-in/in-four-us-state-prisons-nearly-3300-inmates-test-positive-for-coronavirus-96-without-symptoms-idUSKCN2270RX

Models are only as good as assumptions and data put into them.

Garbage in garbage out in other words.

As we get serological surveys revealing virus is far more wide spread and not as deadly as initial models we can start to feel safer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info