[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included


Is this worth "Hit's cant be evaded" 3 exa dont seems to be a problem. Also question - timeless jewel transforms Conduit and Necromantic Aegis into Inner Conviction - 3 point for 42% more spell damage(3% per power charge), is it worth it?
Well, according to PoB I'm at 4m dps which is decent, I'm lvl 81 without spending much time on gear yet. I do have some questions tho...

1. This damage feels a bit off.. my previous character (cyclone champion) reached around 8m shaper dps and bosses did really melt. Here I'm at halfway through and it feels like 5 times longer to kill bosses. I'm not sure if I didnt mess something with attack rate. You said we need 7.56 APS at 14+ CDR. The only source of attack speed I got is 14% on Karui Sceptre.

And my cyclone attack rate in PoB is 6.41. Am I missing some configurations or I misunderstood guide?

2. My goal was to farm endgame content (Simulacrum, Sirus A8, juiced T16), but my budget is limited, could you suggest me what's the most important upgrade for me right now? I'm at 8k ES already, probably will hit 8.5k with levels, but single target dmg is an issue. I'm having 35 exalts to spend and honestly have no idea where to spend them. Botteled Faith? Awakened gems? Cluster jewels?


On top of that I have ES on hit Watcher's Eye, Militant Faith and 5c Megalomaniac with just Overlord.
Last edited by maciek2g on Apr 13, 2020, 12:15:28 PM
Hello there! Really nice build, i am really glad you shared it with us. I already did simulacrum 20/20, t16 guardian 100% delirium, A8 sirus and one synthesis boss (was not cortex tho). I really liked the build and now i just need to min-max it.
My equips are these:
Spoiler

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/sysL6rex
Any suggestions are welcomed, i know that i need the bottled faith and i will try to get lvl 96 and make a better setup for megalomanic/cluster.
I wish my BoL damage was high as your's (200k+ average), i am having a bit of trouble trying to achive it, also my survival is not quite like your's (leech wise).
"
bte11brian wrote:
"
N0esy wrote:
"
bte11brian wrote:
Hey! i am playing this build and i love it so far, but i cant seem to get my crit chance even close to yours. Any ideas on how to improve? My pob is https://pastebin.com/cnyx717z

The reason is that your sceptre doesn't have "hits can't be evaded". Craft this mod or use Lycosidae until you find a good sceptre.


Hey! Fixed the weapon, but boss dmg still isnt really there.... https://pastebin.com/Cinr7QEv

You are still leve 78, so you cant expect a good dps yet. Also, read the Q&A section, there are some useful tips for you.
"
Wobbly wrote:
This is my current POB:

https://pastebin.com/g7WmCRrf

I have around 30ex to improve on it. Any idea what I should work on? I'm looking for a better shield, but I'm unsure what to do afterwards. I would also like to get higher ES, as in game shows 8.5k. I would like it to be around 10k+ so that I can tank some of the bosses more (ie triple laser from Sirus A8)

Your POB also shows ball lightning having a average hit of 180k, mine is nowhere close to that. Any way I can improve and get close to that dmg?


1.You are using 2 curses but you have only 1 curse limit. Buy a level 5 awakened curse on hit gem or replace elemental weakness with arcane surge.

2. Bottled faith, 21/20 ball lightning gem, 5/20 awakened added lightning damage

3. You can use a Mark of the Shaper with a better roll (spell damage).

4. After all of this I would look for 52% CDR and craft a better sceptre.

Edit: You can also use cluster jewels at level 96, which will increase your DPS by 10%. They cost me around 8 ex. See the gear section for details.
Last edited by N0esy on Apr 13, 2020, 12:55:07 PM
"
eddy_alfa wrote:

Is this worth "Hit's cant be evaded" 3 exa dont seems to be a problem. Also question - timeless jewel transforms Conduit and Necromantic Aegis into Inner Conviction - 3 point for 42% more spell damage(3% per power charge), is it worth it?

Yes, this sceptre is good enough.
Multiple keystones don't stack, so they are useless.
"
maciek2g wrote:
Well, according to PoB I'm at 4m dps which is decent, I'm lvl 81 without spending much time on gear yet. I do have some questions tho...

1. This damage feels a bit off.. my previous character (cyclone champion) reached around 8m shaper dps and bosses did really melt. Here I'm at halfway through and it feels like 5 times longer to kill bosses. I'm not sure if I didnt mess something with attack rate. You said we need 7.56 APS at 14+ CDR. The only source of attack speed I got is 14% on Karui Sceptre.

And my cyclone attack rate in PoB is 6.41. Am I missing some configurations or I misunderstood guide?

2. My goal was to farm endgame content (Simulacrum, Sirus A8, juiced T16), but my budget is limited, could you suggest me what's the most important upgrade for me right now? I'm at 8k ES already, probably will hit 8.5k with levels, but single target dmg is an issue. I'm having 35 exalts to spend and honestly have no idea where to spend them. Botteled Faith? Awakened gems? Cluster jewels?

On top of that I have ES on hit Watcher's Eye, Militant Faith and 5c Megalomaniac with just Overlord.

Because you have 15% AS buff while elusive, your aps is 7.18, which is not too bad.

During boss fights, do you take a maximum distance from the boss? If your character overlaps the boss, you are playing this build in a wrong way. You want to attack him at the edge of cyclone to maximize your damage output.

As for upgrades:
1) 21/20 ball lightning gem (or at least 21/0)
2) Transcendant Flesh
3) A helmet with useful enchant, like ball lightning dmg or conductivity curse effect (buy a base and craft it yourself)
4) Your amulet is fine, but if you want more damage you should look for an amulet with 2 open prefixes to craft 20% ES and slam a crusader's orb.
5) bottled faith and awakened added lightning damage (level 5 is ideal)
6) awakened curse on hit (level 5) and use 2 curses
"
N0esy wrote:
"
eddy_alfa wrote:

Is this worth "Hit's cant be evaded" 3 exa dont seems to be a problem. Also question - timeless jewel transforms Conduit and Necromantic Aegis into Inner Conviction - 3 point for 42% more spell damage(3% per power charge), is it worth it?

Yes, this sceptre is good enough.
Multiple keystones don't stack, so they are useless.


Oh, thank you for that keystones note, you saved my 3 points. Really good build btw, thank you for your guide!
Hey! Fixed the weapon, but boss dmg still isnt really there.... https://pastebin.com/Cinr7QEv[/quote]
You are still leve 78, so you cant expect a good dps yet. Also, read the Q&A section, there are some useful tips for you.[/quote]

Hey, ok it feels much better now that im lvl 80, but i dont have enough mana to cast vortex or flame dash when i have my Zealotry, Wrath, and Discipline auras up. How do I go about getting that to work?
"
N0esy wrote:

Because you have 15% AS buff while elusive, your aps is 7.18, which is not too bad.

During boss fights, do you take a maximum distance from the boss? If your character overlaps the boss, you are playing this build in a wrong way. You want to attack him at the edge of cyclone to maximize your damage output.

As for upgrades:
1) 21/20 ball lightning gem (or at least 21/0)
2) Transcendant Flesh
3) A helmet with useful enchant, like ball lightning dmg or conductivity curse effect (buy a base and craft it yourself)
4) Your amulet is fine, but if you want more damage you should look for an amulet with 2 open prefixes to craft 20% ES and slam a crusader's orb.
5) bottled faith and awakened added lightning damage (level 5 is ideal)
6) awakened curse on hit (level 5) and use 2 curses


Well, I was doing the oposite, keeping boss as close as possible ;)

About upgrades, you didnt mention 'wrath has reduced mana cost', isn't it good? I bought base before and I'm trying to craft something decent, got only 290 ES tho.

And I'm confused
-Lvl 5 enlighten (+1 gloves)
-15% reduced wrath mana enchant

this lets me drop reduced mana nodes and save 2 points.
But Im left with 24 mana points, my 18 level Vortex requires 24 mana, so I cannot cast it while spinning. Whats more, I can cast level 1 only Vortex only once. Then my mana wont regen up if I dont stop using cyclone.

So are those 2 nodes near sovereigny necessary?
Last edited by maciek2g on Apr 13, 2020, 3:51:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info