[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

I want to thank you so much for this guide and your help in messages. As someone new to poe and first league it was tons of fun figuring everything out, upgrading gear, trying the crafting, clearing content and farming. The build is crazy funny and it was so easy to make heaps of currency.
After hitting 100 and 40/40 with another char, I decided to try something else than Vortex for once. As an old COC (back in 2014-2016)-player, this seemed like a good pick.
So far only pushed to 89 and all labs with Breachstones. Finished a few Simulacrums last night, and was surprised I could do them deathless with few issues on the bosses.
Cyclone gonna be cyclone, the random moments where you run into a invisible wall or corner that stops you is annoying but whadya gonna do.

I think it will be fun to minmax as well, but for now I'll hold onto the gear on my Occultist (borrowed some), and see if I can make it on the char to minmax.

Current gear


The helmet, boots and rings are borrowed from my Vortexer. I'll switch to Shaper's when I have the currency to upgrade further. I went for a reduced mana reserved shield over the Helm-enchant, and it works just fine. With reduced mana in tree you don't need Enlighten to run the 3 auras.

Next on list would be Awakened COC and Curse on hit :-)
Silsamazing - lvl 100 Witch
SilAndTheVortex - lvl 100 Occultist
Last edited by MindR on May 12, 2020, 6:30:37 AM
"
kentishtown wrote:
"

Only way this can be better is if the movement speed is faster. Currently I have +35% ms, is there a way to get faster base speed?


- Hunter-influenced Amulet has a 7-10% movespeed prefix.
- Hunter- or Shaper-influenced Belt has a 6-10% movespeed during flask effect suffix
- Quick Getaway (Megalomaniac) has 5% movespeed, 25% crit chance, 5% attack speed
- Atziri's Reflection has 6% movespeed if you give up your rare shield.
- Precision (2 skill points from Retribution) gives 4% move speed, 5% attack speed, 20 dex
- Boots enchant from lab


If you go Atziri's Reflection you will most certainly go Coward's Legacy (for actual Pain Attunement) with another 10% movement speed. I run that setup (plus Tailwind and Onslaugt) and it feels amazingly fast.
"
MindR wrote:
After hitting 100 and 40/40 with another char, I decided to try something else than Vortex for once. As an old COC (back in 2014-2016)-player, this seemed like a good pick.
So far only pushed to 89 and all labs with Breachstones. Finished a few Simulacrums last night, and was surprised I could do them deathless with few issues on the bosses.
Cyclone gonna be cyclone, the random moments where you run into a invisible wall or corner that stops you is annoying but whadya gonna do.

I think it will be fun to minmax as well, but for now I'll hold onto the gear on my Occultist (borrowed some), and see if I can make it on the char to minmax.

Current gear


The helmet, boots and rings are borrowed from my Vortexer. I'll switch to Shaper's when I have the currency to upgrade further. I went for a reduced mana reserved shield over the Helm-enchant, and it works just fine. With reduced mana in tree you don't need Enlighten to run the 3 auras.

Next on list would be Awakened COC and Curse on hit :-)


Holy sh... that sceptre. How did you do it? I have been struggling very hard with getting something like that.
"
Shafirion wrote:
"
MindR wrote:
After hitting 100 and 40/40 with another char, I decided to try something else than Vortex for once. As an old COC (back in 2014-2016)-player, this seemed like a good pick.
So far only pushed to 89 and all labs with Breachstones. Finished a few Simulacrums last night, and was surprised I could do them deathless with few issues on the bosses.
Cyclone gonna be cyclone, the random moments where you run into a invisible wall or corner that stops you is annoying but whadya gonna do.

I think it will be fun to minmax as well, but for now I'll hold onto the gear on my Occultist (borrowed some), and see if I can make it on the char to minmax.

Current gear


The helmet, boots and rings are borrowed from my Vortexer. I'll switch to Shaper's when I have the currency to upgrade further. I went for a reduced mana reserved shield over the Helm-enchant, and it works just fine. With reduced mana in tree you don't need Enlighten to run the 3 auras.

Next on list would be Awakened COC and Curse on hit :-)


Holy sh... that sceptre. How did you do it? I have been struggling very hard with getting something like that.


This might be infuriating to hear but uhm... I bought one with the non-crafted mods + mana regen for 50 chaos. Then I lucky-annuled the mana regen... and crafted.
Silsamazing - lvl 100 Witch
SilAndTheVortex - lvl 100 Occultist
I was strugglich to buy a helmet with 300+ ES and one of the two mana reduction enchantments. Yesterday I found a rather good helmet (350 ES) with 40% increased Ball Lightning Damage enchantment. So I switched to the two minor nodes left of Sovereignty and I know believe, this combination is the way to go. You trade a little ES and a little damage from the Increased Aura Effects for a rather nice Damage Boost.

While I am not sure about this, I strongly feel there is a certain improvement to Noesys Skill Tree that is sort of a no brainer. The two small ES nodes next to Foresight are beaten by Influence and the single small node leading to it. We don't lose much ES because Discipline gets boosted; but on top we boost Zealotry and Wrath. In my case I lose around 30 ES and get close to 20.000 more damage per Ball.

Now I only need Kentish to come out of hiding and sell me that ring of his, and I'll finally sit at a respectable amount of ES. :D
Last edited by Shafirion on May 13, 2020, 11:53:58 PM
"
Shafirion wrote:
I was strugglich to buy a helmet with 300+ ES and one of the two mana reduction enchantments. Yesterday I found a rather good helmet (350 ES) with 40% increased Ball Lightning Damage enchantment. So I switched to the two minor nodes left of Sovereignty and I know believe, this combination is the way to go. You trade a little ES and a little damage from the Increased Aura Effects for a rather nice Damage Boost.

While I am not sure about this, I strongly feel there is a certain improvement to Noesys Skill Tree that is sort of a no brainer. The two small ES nodes next to Foresight are beaten by Influence and the single small node leading to it. We don't lose much ES because Discipline gets boosted; but on top we boost Zealotry and Wrath. In my case I lose around 30 ES and get close to 20.000 more damage per Ball.

Now I only need Kentish to come out of hiding and sell me that ring of his, and I'll finally sit at a respectable amount of ES. :D


He took both Influence and Foresight. Look at either his passive tree with cluster jewel for 96+ players or the normal one.
I won't build characters anymore. As an average player, let me give you some feedback. Thank you NOesy - I played your 3rd league with your build - each one was inspirational - I think your guides are exemplary. Rather, I am a humanist, I can not play alone, I have certainly learned a lot, the creation section is very interesting, although this gambling definitely affects my mood.
-build very expensive, although it was raining golden, so I don't know in the end.
- fully armed is very effective.
-Fatal fight with Sirus, one big minus.
The game was a pleasure.
"
I won't build characters anymore. As an average player, let me give you some feedback. Thank you NOesy - I played your 3rd league with your build - each one was inspirational - I think your guides are exemplary. Rather, I am a humanist, I can not play alone, I have certainly learned a lot, the creation section is very interesting, although this gambling definitely affects my mood.
-build very expensive, although it was raining golden, so I don't know in the end.
- fully armed is very effective.
-Fatal fight with Sirus, one big minus.
The game was a pleasure.


Thanks for the feedback.
I understand that this build is a bit too expensive and not very good at doing Sirus. Probably I opted for damage too much this time because I was frustrated by the tankiness of delirium monsters. Next league, I would definitely try more tanky build, unless new league monsters are even more tanky.

This build is not meant for a league starter btw.
"
N0esy wrote:
I find no reason to ex slam after multimod. I would craft cannot roll attack modifiers and slam. After you hit something good, multimod the two mods you mentioned.
If you are broke now, just multimod and use it without ex slam.

I have no clue how to metacraft that's why i talked about ex slam, so i followed your advice, after 65ex that's the best i had :

T2 light as extra chaos, i've hit shaper mod elemental penetration T3 and T2 wich is approximately the same. Not sure if i should farm more currency trying to reach any offensive T1 or settle with that.

Anyway thanks for the information on how to craft that base.

"
N0esy wrote:
I understand that this build is a bit too expensive and not very good at doing Sirus. Probably I opted for damage too much this time because I was frustrated by the tankiness of delirium monsters. Next league, I would definitely try more tanky build, unless new league monsters are even more tanky.

In my opinion this build is totaly fine for deathless Sirus A8, this is the most tanky build i played, i've saw a lot of people dying during random map or Simulacrum this league when i play in party when i was feeling perfectly safe with your build.

I would hate the game if i was playing something like that who can virtualy not die at all :
Aegis with 400% aura effect from Purposeful Harbinger]
Last edited by RoCKeTs on May 14, 2020, 2:20:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info