[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

"
Good day, which pob is relevant? enchanting for a helmet in particular reservations or damage?

Added a bit of explanation to the passive tree section. Now you should be able to choose which one you want to use.

Helm enchant is explained in the gear section. I prefer mana reservation or cyclone attack speed.
SO ive been following this build but i feel like im heavily lacking in damage i know i need to improve es which im working on and a few other things but is there something im doing wrong aside from that that could be lowering my output? i love the build and honestly its doing amazing for me so far as im progressing but i feel like where im at my numbers shouldnt be as low as they are in comparison to yours. https://pastebin.com/rUWr0kUn
"
ItzJaysin wrote:
SO ive been following this build but i feel like im heavily lacking in damage i know i need to improve es which im working on and a few other things but is there something im doing wrong aside from that that could be lowering my output? i love the build and honestly its doing amazing for me so far as im progressing but i feel like where im at my numbers shouldnt be as low as they are in comparison to yours. https://pastebin.com/rUWr0kUn

Buy a level 21 ball lightning gem. Use the flasks recommended in the guide.
"
N0esy wrote:
"
ItzJaysin wrote:
SO ive been following this build but i feel like im heavily lacking in damage i know i need to improve es which im working on and a few other things but is there something im doing wrong aside from that that could be lowering my output? i love the build and honestly its doing amazing for me so far as im progressing but i feel like where im at my numbers shouldnt be as low as they are in comparison to yours. https://pastebin.com/rUWr0kUn

Buy a level 21 ball lightning gem. Use the flasks recommended in the guide.


Is that all? Just wondering because when I look at my numbers in pob seems to say I'm almost 200k damage per hit off of yours. That seems like a significant amount. Would just the flasks and lvl21 BL really cover a gap like that?
"
ItzJaysin wrote:
"
N0esy wrote:
"
ItzJaysin wrote:
SO ive been following this build but i feel like im heavily lacking in damage i know i need to improve es which im working on and a few other things but is there something im doing wrong aside from that that could be lowering my output? i love the build and honestly its doing amazing for me so far as im progressing but i feel like where im at my numbers shouldnt be as low as they are in comparison to yours. https://pastebin.com/rUWr0kUn

Buy a level 21 ball lightning gem. Use the flasks recommended in the guide.


Is that all? Just wondering because when I look at my numbers in pob seems to say I'm almost 200k damage per hit off of yours. That seems like a significant amount. Would just the flasks and lvl21 BL really cover a gap like that?

Of course not. But if you fix the gem level and flasks, you'll have more than 10M shaper DPS and can kill everything quickly. The game experience will not change that much beyond that.

If you want more information, read the guide again. Your items and passive tree are not what is suggested by the guide.
Noesy, I just want to say thanks for the build, played the scion version of it and tested the new one in 3.10- still works like a charm.
I decided to spend some time harvest crafting on complementing my standard char. Here is what I did so far: can you add some suggestions regarding items, what should be fixed prior harvest end?
Thanks in advance. (Don't bother with anoints and enchants- those are for others chars- not playing it atm- just building)


I will remove the life mod before harvest ends- just using it on a life based char atm.


I created the shield for another build, but I guess it works here as well?- don't know how important the frenzy charges are - maybe I should craft a shield ?
"
kali_h wrote:
Noesy, I just want to say thanks for the build, played the scion version of it and tested the new one in 3.10- still works like a charm.
I decided to spend some time harvest crafting on complementing my standard char. Here is what I did so far: can you add some suggestions regarding items, what should be fixed prior harvest end?
Thanks in advance. (Don't bother with anoints and enchants- those are for others chars- not playing it atm- just building)


I will remove the life mod before harvest ends- just using it on a life based char atm.


I created the shield for another build, but I guess it works here as well?- don't know how important the frenzy charges are - maybe I should craft a shield ?


Since you have a good block shield, you might want to take a look at the following PoB: https://pastebin.com/nvEH16Pw

Your items are very good in general, but I can't tell if they have a good balance without PoB. For example, I don't know if you have enough resists and attributes.

I don't think you want to use increased crit support on a min-maxed build. I would look for a body chest with +crit chance to attacks (and spells as well if you can) and use awakened lightning pen support instead of inc crit.

The best way to get overlord is from Megalomaniac, but if you can't find a good one, a large cluster jewel is fine. You want to use "aug attack" or "remove non-attack, add attack" on your jewels to put another notable mod. This way, you can save 2 passive points to allocate overlord.

In Harvest, rare jewels with 8% ES and triple crit multi are relatively easy to craft; you should use as many of them as possible if you have a lot of currency.

Your sceptre and shield is very nice, but neither has %increased spell (lightning) damage. Remember that T1 spell (lightning) damage mods are much better than +1 to gem levels. If you can get T1 spell (lightning) damage instead of +1 to gem levels, that would be a very good upgrade, although crafting them would be very hard.

I would craft "add fire damage, add lightning damage" instead of 20% inc damage on your ring. Most of the time, the add damage mod gives more damage and allows you to ignite enemies. Then you can use cluster notables like Sadist and cremator.
thanks a lot! very in depth- will try to see what I can do- crafting lightning damage (%) is indeed a pain in the ass:).#
edit: my resistances are fine- 3 items (boots,belt,helmet) are balanced and the ring has triple t1. I also got a militant faith with resistance so that is settled.
Last edited by kali_h on Sep 12, 2020, 5:56:31 PM
"
N0esy wrote:
"
azamantes wrote:
What are some good options to use for auras in the low life version ?

From what I saw you put Discipline+Wrath+Zealotry in the shield....then....

In the original post you mention about triple purity ? What about other defensive options ?

I have problems with my defenses.....so any advice would be appreciated.

I could also switch to a sceptre + overlord (using a dagger now) but crafting a sceptre seems.... like a huge pain in the ass even in this league.....


Low life builds are always expensive because the body armour and the shield give very low ES, which means other items you equip should be very good. Your gear doesn't have good ES, which is the biggest problem. I'm not sure about the aura choices, but triple purities give a lot of freedom to your gear choice because you can cap resists very easily. Run triple purities and get good ES gear.

Yes, crafting a good sceptre is difficult even in Harvest. Fracturing T1 crit chance (you can use an essence for this) is probably the easiest way to craft a good (not the best) sceptre. You can then proceed:
1) %increased spell damage essense
2) add/remove lightning until T1 added lightning damage to spells or +1 to lighting spell gems (can use cannot roll attack mods for higher chance to hit one of them)
3) add/remove attack until the attack speed you want
4) hits can't be evaded.

Insted of the step 3, you can multimod attack speed and hits can't be evaded.


Hi. A question regards the fracturing method.

Since the fracture T4 seed craft is random does that mean I have only 1/3 chance for each sceptre to fracture the crit chance? What can I do if I don't get the desired fracture mod? Do I have to get a new sceptre and reapply an essence every time it fails?

Thanks a lot.
"
speedline9395 wrote:
"
N0esy wrote:
"
azamantes wrote:
What are some good options to use for auras in the low life version ?

From what I saw you put Discipline+Wrath+Zealotry in the shield....then....

In the original post you mention about triple purity ? What about other defensive options ?

I have problems with my defenses.....so any advice would be appreciated.

I could also switch to a sceptre + overlord (using a dagger now) but crafting a sceptre seems.... like a huge pain in the ass even in this league.....


Low life builds are always expensive because the body armour and the shield give very low ES, which means other items you equip should be very good. Your gear doesn't have good ES, which is the biggest problem. I'm not sure about the aura choices, but triple purities give a lot of freedom to your gear choice because you can cap resists very easily. Run triple purities and get good ES gear.

Yes, crafting a good sceptre is difficult even in Harvest. Fracturing T1 crit chance (you can use an essence for this) is probably the easiest way to craft a good (not the best) sceptre. You can then proceed:
1) %increased spell damage essense
2) add/remove lightning until T1 added lightning damage to spells or +1 to lighting spell gems (can use cannot roll attack mods for higher chance to hit one of them)
3) add/remove attack until the attack speed you want
4) hits can't be evaded.

Insted of the step 3, you can multimod attack speed and hits can't be evaded.


Hi. A question regards the fracturing method.

Since the fracture T4 seed craft is random does that mean I have only 1/3 chance for each sceptre to fracture the crit chance? What can I do if I don't get the desired fracture mod? Do I have to get a new sceptre and reapply an essence every time it fails?

Thanks a lot.

You are right, the fracture craft has a 1/3 chance to succeed. You have to try 3 times on average to fracture the desired mod, which isn't too bad in my opinion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info