[3.11] CoC Ball Lightning Assassin - 20M+ Shaper DPS/10k ES/fortify - League Starter Guide Included

"
N0esy wrote:
"
azamantes wrote:
What are some good options to use for auras in the low life version ?

From what I saw you put Discipline+Wrath+Zealotry in the shield....then....

In the original post you mention about triple purity ? What about other defensive options ?

I have problems with my defenses.....so any advice would be appreciated.

I could also switch to a sceptre + overlord (using a dagger now) but crafting a sceptre seems.... like a huge pain in the ass even in this league.....


Low life builds are always expensive because the body armour and the shield give very low ES, which means other items you equip should be very good. Your gear doesn't have good ES, which is the biggest problem. I'm not sure about the aura choices, but triple purities give a lot of freedom to your gear choice because you can cap resists very easily. Run triple purities and get good ES gear.

Yes, crafting a good sceptre is difficult even in Harvest. Fracturing T1 crit chance (you can use an essence for this) is probably the easiest way to craft a good (not the best) sceptre. You can then proceed:
1) %increased spell damage essense
2) add/remove lightning until T1 added lightning damage to spells or +1 to lighting spell gems (can use cannot roll attack mods for higher chance to hit one of them)
3) add/remove attack until the attack speed you want
4) hits can't be evaded.

Insted of the step 3, you can multimod attack speed and hits can't be evaded.


Hi. A question regards the fracturing method.

Since the fracture T4 seed craft is random does that mean I have only 1/3 chance for each sceptre to fracture the crit chance? What can I do if I don't get the desired fracture mod? Do I have to get a new sceptre and reapply an essence every time it fails?

Thanks a lot.
"
speedline9395 wrote:
"
N0esy wrote:
"
azamantes wrote:
What are some good options to use for auras in the low life version ?

From what I saw you put Discipline+Wrath+Zealotry in the shield....then....

In the original post you mention about triple purity ? What about other defensive options ?

I have problems with my defenses.....so any advice would be appreciated.

I could also switch to a sceptre + overlord (using a dagger now) but crafting a sceptre seems.... like a huge pain in the ass even in this league.....


Low life builds are always expensive because the body armour and the shield give very low ES, which means other items you equip should be very good. Your gear doesn't have good ES, which is the biggest problem. I'm not sure about the aura choices, but triple purities give a lot of freedom to your gear choice because you can cap resists very easily. Run triple purities and get good ES gear.

Yes, crafting a good sceptre is difficult even in Harvest. Fracturing T1 crit chance (you can use an essence for this) is probably the easiest way to craft a good (not the best) sceptre. You can then proceed:
1) %increased spell damage essense
2) add/remove lightning until T1 added lightning damage to spells or +1 to lighting spell gems (can use cannot roll attack mods for higher chance to hit one of them)
3) add/remove attack until the attack speed you want
4) hits can't be evaded.

Insted of the step 3, you can multimod attack speed and hits can't be evaded.


Hi. A question regards the fracturing method.

Since the fracture T4 seed craft is random does that mean I have only 1/3 chance for each sceptre to fracture the crit chance? What can I do if I don't get the desired fracture mod? Do I have to get a new sceptre and reapply an essence every time it fails?

Thanks a lot.

You are right, the fracture craft has a 1/3 chance to succeed. You have to try 3 times on average to fracture the desired mod, which isn't too bad in my opinion.
ball light was nerfed :(
Also curious to know if this is still a viable option after patch notes come out tomorrow. Was planning to play this build for Heist..
Nobody knows the numerical values of the nerfs yet, and more specifically how they are gonna nerf ES on hit watchers.

But the core concept of CoC BL will be just fine.
"
Silay wrote:
Also curious to know if this is still a viable option after patch notes come out tomorrow. Was planning to play this build for Heist..

Seems like the nerf reduced our DPS by roughly 35%. This means that 1/3 of our damage has been lost. I wouldn't say that the build is dead because 65% of 40M shaper DPS is 26M, which is more than enough. However, you'll need more investment to become "goodlike".

Also keep in mind that every league introduces new power creep. New alternate quality gems, for example, may give us a big power boost.

With Harvest gone, I wonder how you can gain %chance to avoid being stunned. This is my concern as stun is always a problem for CI builds.

Finally, the leveling build (spellslinger-BL-wave of conviction-arc) may not be good enough anymore.

I'll update the guide after I get more knowledge about the Heist league.
Idk if i am right so please correct me if i am wrong.
How much AoE do we need for the need hit ranges of Ball Lightning=

with :
10% reduced projectile speed from passive (Adjacent Animosity)
30% Lesser Projectile speed from Gem
(and the 18 Radius from new Ball Lightning)

should the new Hits per cast be:
8 Hits with 0% Increased AoE
9 Hits with 5% Increased AoE
10 Hits with 32% Increased AoE
11 Hits with 63% Increased AoE

TbH if i lose 1/3 of my DPS it shouldn't be a huge problem, but the aoe might get pushed higher in terms of clearspeed.

Delved with this build to about 1150 last league and even there my Damage was ridiculous so still clearing t16 and 100% delirious maps shouldn't be a problem i guess.


Hey N0esy,

While you're updating the guide for Heist, I have two recommendations to update along:

1. Hex Breaker's curse part is useless since the nerf for Harvest. For anyone who isn't pushing for the 10APS breakpoint, the whole notable is useless. I recommend noting that only the IAS is relevant and adding the alternative of Unwavering Focus, which provides some physical reduction and increases the duration of our Immortal Call.

2. GMP is vastly underappreciated for clear. When stationary, or when circling a stationary target, obviously, we lose a lot of damage by not utilizing Slower Projectiles. However, this effect is *completely* negated when we move with a constant speed in one direction (typical for delve and narrow maps). What happens here is essentially the Doppler Effect but with lightning ball casts instead of sound wave peaks aligning on top of each other in front of us:



When we hit our cycloning movement speed to coincide with the third diagram from the left, we are essentially shotgunning everything in our path. When we have enough damage that even this becomes overkill, we can increase our movement speed (e.g. Alchemist's QS of Adrenaline, etc.) to move as in the rightmost diagram, moving the shotgun area a bit to our sides, increasing the clear effectiveness even further.

I did my best to showcase this in-game, didn't work out quite as well as I'd like to, but should give an idea:




Last edited by Irfy84 on Sep 16, 2020, 11:09:09 AM
"
xdnil5xd wrote:
Idk if i am right so please correct me if i am wrong.
How much AoE do we need for the need hit ranges of Ball Lightning=

with :
10% reduced projectile speed from passive (Adjacent Animosity)
30% Lesser Projectile speed from Gem
(and the 18 Radius from new Ball Lightning)

should the new Hits per cast be:
8 Hits with 0% Increased AoE
9 Hits with 5% Increased AoE
10 Hits with 32% Increased AoE
11 Hits with 63% Increased AoE

TbH if i lose 1/3 of my DPS it shouldn't be a huge problem, but the aoe might get pushed higher in terms of clearspeed.

Delved with this build to about 1150 last league and even there my Damage was ridiculous so still clearing t16 and 100% delirious maps shouldn't be a problem i guess.



Remember that the radius of a skill is rounded down. 5% inc AoE won't do anything since 18 * 1.05^(1/2) = 18.4, which is rounded down to 18. You need 13% inc AoE to hit the next breakpoint (18 * 1.13^(1/2) = 19.1, rounded down to 19).
@Irfy84
Yes, Hex breaker is not good anymore. it's outdated. Thanks for pointing it out.

As for the second point, I tried GMP in the past, but it was underwhelming most of the time. As a player who always try to push to level 100, I prefer having good DPS to kill dangerous enemies like Syndicate members and beyond bosses quick enough. Additional projectiles doesn't help you very much because BL projectiles travel very slowly, even without slower projectiles support.

The Doppler effect stuff has nothing to do with extra projectiles, doesn't it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info