Xbox servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately 120 minutes.
PS4 servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately 120 minutes.

3.11 | Carry Me Golems | Carrion/Stone Golem Elementalist | Very Tanky and High DPS summoner

Ok, I have 2 questions:

Q1: I have two helmet options. The first is the +2 minion bone helmet, which, in PoB gives me about 5k more average dmg (182.5k) than the Flesh Offering variant.
Is this a POB thing, or should I just stick with the +2 for now?




Q2: Can someone tell me what the actual res caps are for elemental these days? boards are Fubar. It used to be 135% to avoid curses and everything, and I tend towards extremely cautious and lazy play, so I prefer to be capped. I was just told it's now 125? Except I see a lot of people on this thread with much lower res for elemental. Is this due to the chaos shift? and if so, what is the safe-zone to deal with curses, bad map mods, ect? With my old helmet, im close to 130%, new one derps me a bit in lightning, so the average falls to about 120%



finally - what should my next upgrade(s) be? 21/20 stone golem vs my 21/9? hoard my nickels for an awakened melee phys? I'll be lucky if i see enough to do much more than 8 exalts worth of upgrades this league. unless my rng changes :)
"
ilyily wrote:

+ 80 cold/fire/light res
+ 90 chaos res

where are you getting the extra max res over soul of steel/barbarism/born of chaos? ultra lucky timeless jewel?
Hi.

Loving the build but my damage feels very underwhelming on bosses with stone golems, which probably is a result of me not understanding the attack speed calculations. Could someone please help me out?

These are the jewels I'm using


+1 harmony i forgot to link
Last edited by bjoorrn on Apr 15, 2020, 2:24:13 AM
"
bjoorrn wrote:
Hi.

Loving the build but my damage feels very underwhelming on bosses with stone golems, which probably is a result of me not understanding the attack speed calculations. Could someone please help me out?

These are the jewels I'm using


+1 harmony i forgot to link


Rule of thumb is that the attack time of a multistrike slam combo (slam attack x3) should be slightly above the cooldown time of the Golem slam. Check minion stats in your PoB and note down attack time of slam. Multiply by 3 and see if it is more than the cooldown of slam. If it is, good. If it isn't then what's happening is that slam is not off cooldown after it finishes so the golem AI chooses to default attack instead. This loses you DPS, as you want Golems to be slamming as much as possible.

Without checking your PoB, I've noticed you have (A) 2 Primordial Eminences but only 6 Primordial Harmonies and (B) anointed Ravenous Horde on your amulet. With this setup, I've found it is very easy for your golems to slam x3 faster than it cools down. I suspect this is what is happening for you.

To fix this, try switching Ravenous Horde anointment to something else or re-skill your current passive tree to grab that extra jewel socket so you can put in a 7th Primordial Harmony.
"
scrambled777 wrote:
"
bjoorrn wrote:
Hi.

Loving the build but my damage feels very underwhelming on bosses with stone golems, which probably is a result of me not understanding the attack speed calculations. Could someone please help me out?

These are the jewels I'm using


+1 harmony i forgot to link


Rule of thumb is that the attack time of a multistrike slam combo (slam attack x3) should be slightly above the cooldown time of the Golem slam. Check minion stats in your PoB and note down attack time of slam. Multiply by 3 and see if it is more than the cooldown of slam. If it is, good. If it isn't then what's happening is that slam is not off cooldown after it finishes so the golem AI chooses to default attack instead. This loses you DPS, as you want Golems to be slamming as much as possible.

Without checking your PoB, I've noticed you have (A) 2 Primordial Eminences but only 6 Primordial Harmonies and (B) anointed Ravenous Horde on your amulet. With this setup, I've found it is very easy for your golems to slam x3 faster than it cools down. I suspect this is what is happening for you.

To fix this, try switching Ravenous Horde anointment to something else or re-skill your current passive tree to grab that extra jewel socket so you can put in a 7th Primordial Harmony.


Thank you for your answer, this is how it looks in pob with stone golem -> slam.

https://imgur.com/a/SdMaesC

I don't have 2 eminences in my tree.
Last edited by bjoorrn on Apr 15, 2020, 5:05:59 AM
"
bjoorrn wrote:
Thank you for your answer, this is how it looks in pob with stone golem -> slam.

https://imgur.com/a/SdMaesC

I don't have 2 eminences in my tree.


(1/1.91)*3=1.57 < 1.86

Seems like you have the problem here. No idea what to do tbh. Maybe try anointing something else instead of Ravenous Horde?
"
Fenris1970 wrote:
"
bjoorrn wrote:
Thank you for your answer, this is how it looks in pob with stone golem -> slam.

https://imgur.com/a/SdMaesC

I don't have 2 eminences in my tree.


(1/1.91)*3=1.57 < 1.86

Seems like you have the problem here. No idea what to do tbh. Maybe try anointing something else instead of Ravenous Horde?


The image is taken after I annointed whispers of doom instead of ravenous horde.
"
bjoorrn wrote:
"
scrambled777 wrote:
"
bjoorrn wrote:
Hi.

Loving the build but my damage feels very underwhelming on bosses with stone golems, which probably is a result of me not understanding the attack speed calculations. Could someone please help me out?

These are the jewels I'm using


+1 harmony i forgot to link


Rule of thumb is that the attack time of a multistrike slam combo (slam attack x3) should be slightly above the cooldown time of the Golem slam. Check minion stats in your PoB and note down attack time of slam. Multiply by 3 and see if it is more than the cooldown of slam. If it is, good. If it isn't then what's happening is that slam is not off cooldown after it finishes so the golem AI chooses to default attack instead. This loses you DPS, as you want Golems to be slamming as much as possible.

Without checking your PoB, I've noticed you have (A) 2 Primordial Eminences but only 6 Primordial Harmonies and (B) anointed Ravenous Horde on your amulet. With this setup, I've found it is very easy for your golems to slam x3 faster than it cools down. I suspect this is what is happening for you.

To fix this, try switching Ravenous Horde anointment to something else or re-skill your current passive tree to grab that extra jewel socket so you can put in a 7th Primordial Harmony.


Thank you for your answer, this is how it looks in pob with stone golem -> slam.

https://imgur.com/a/SdMaesC

I don't have 2 eminences in my tree.


My bad, I thought you said it was an eminence you forgot to link. With single eminence it shouldn't be an issue at all, it's only with two eminences that you might run into problem. However, golem attack speed be slower with only one eminence.

1.86s cooldown seems really long...are the cluster jewels skilled in your PoB? Kind of looks like it's not picking up a lot of your harmonies. I run 6 harmonies and my slam cooldown is 1.12 seconds.
Last edited by scrambled777 on Apr 15, 2020, 5:44:21 AM
"
scrambled777 wrote:


My bad, I thought you said it was an eminence you forgot to link. With single eminence it shouldn't be an issue at all, it's only with two eminences that you might run into problem. However, golem attack speed be slower with only one eminence.

1.86s cooldown seems really long...are the cluster jewels skilled in your PoB? Kind of looks like it's not picking up a lot of your harmonies. I run 6 harmonies and my slam cooldown is 1.12 seconds.


I found that I've forgotten to add the passives from the cluster jewels in my pob.
This is how it looks now.

https://imgur.com/a/Gl8a12M

Thank you so much for your patience.
Maybe this helps:

Using POB fork, when I import the my toon I have to allocate all the cluster nodes, so make sure u do that

I have 2 eminences and 6 harmonies and have the rav hoard allocated.
When I have flesh offering off, my cool down attack work, when it is on, cooldown vs attacks get messed up. Removing the amulet(with the rav hoard allocation) fixes this.
Also Not sure if POB cacls the onslaught of Rav hoard correctly or at all so better just reallocate it to something else

Also, I can't recommend the Stampede boots highly enough, the improvement in QOL is amazing as you zoom through content. I wasn't sure golems can keep up but they do and even run ahead.
I also linked CWDT to flesh offering and molten shell for even easier and lazy play style

Having fun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info